[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What charities do you donate to? >animal shelters >prostate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 1474413027630.jpg (62KB, 873x927px) Image search: [Google]
1474413027630.jpg
62KB, 873x927px
What charities do you donate to?
>animal shelters
>prostate cancer research
>>
I don't make any money yet but I would probably donate to the Good Food Institute after I get a job in a few years
>>
File: 1487094481656.gif (531KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487094481656.gif
531KB, 800x450px
>>35249404
>Fallen police officers charity
>Organization that helps needy children
>Local community theater
>At my old job, the piece of shit United Way took a one-time gift and made it a recurring weekly donation against my will after signing it in the first place because a pretty lady at the place I used to work went around asking us to sign the paper at; I definitely checked the one-time box

Those are places I either currently donate to, or have in the past. Fucking United Way. I couldn't make a big deal about it, either, without looking like a dick.
>>
>>35249587
>There's a charity for boot-lickers who are already dead
>>
>>35249404
Once I pay off all my debts, I'm trying to decide between Against Malaria Foundation (low risk) and SENS Research Foundation (high risk, but also potentially high reward.)
>>
File: 1460024892230.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1460024892230.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>35249587
>Fallen police officers charity
...why?
>>
>>35249404
I donate my most valuable resource (time) to (you)s guys.
>>
>>35249654
>>35249679
What the fuck are you people, hippies? College kids? God damn.
>>
>>35249404
>having enough money to give away
Off my board, please.
>>
I give money to homeless people but that's about it.
>>
>>35249404
Aren't charities scams? Like the person in charge keeps all the money
>>
>>35249804
College graduate. Get a job.
>>
Charities are useless. Not only do they pocket most of the money, but more often than not, they're out to assist worthless people who will never stop being worthless.
>>
File: download.png (9KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 246x205px
>None
I'm starting to think I might actually be a jew
>>
File: 1470247720859.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470247720859.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>35249926
>Charities are useless. Not only do they pocket most of the money, but more often than not, they're out to assist worthless people who will never stop being worthIess.
>>
>>35250022
Not him but I've seen a lot of reports where the person took home most the money and the donated literally just enough to charity to say they did it and they didn't even donate anything useful

I think they were just giving like bags of chips and gum to cancer patients. I know for a fact UNICEF does this all the major ones do the pink ribbon shit all of it.
>>
File: 1485449013507.jpg (123KB, 842x815px) Image search: [Google]
1485449013507.jpg
123KB, 842x815px
I did some work for Habitat for Humanity before I realized that these are just used as nigger dens and get trashed almost immediately. I also worked with this homeless person art charity where you give homeless people a chance to make art and then we sell the art to make money for the homeless people. But I quickly found out how terrible homeless people are and now want them to die in the streets. Nothing is more depressing than realizing what a bunch of horseshit charity is. Lumpenproles are shitty human beings who don't really deserve help, and all the people who do "help" them are either masturbating their egos, stupid, or just profiting from it.

The best thing you can do for the world is be nice and help people in your actual life. Buying lunch for your brother and talking to him does more good for the world than any charity would do.
>>
>>35250131
Some people want to watch the world cool down
>>
>>35250181
I think most people just want to supplement their selfish attitudes by outsourcing healthy, loving, human interaction. It's like people who take heartburn medicine rather than simply eating better.
>>
>>35249804

They're called reditors and they're bad people.
>>
>>35249404
I have given to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's research funds (~$1500 each over the past 4 years), mostly because I'm terrified of being an old man and forgetting my name or shaking like I'm making jiffy pop all the time.
>>
>>35250630
That's quite generous, anon.
>>
Sperm banks

You have been muted for 32 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>35250630

We already have a cure for those, it's called a bullet to the head
>>
this is the easiest derail ever

>hurr durr i donate to planned parenthood. women have the right to choose.
>>
>>35249404
My savings account
>>
>>35249823
Homeless don't exist , they are just RPing for free cash
>>
>>35251451
>planned parenthood.
I donated my car to them last year.

Also:
>public radio
>sea otter conservation
>ACLU
>EFF

Yes, I'm a califag.
>>
>>35251760
donated your car eh? that's quite an old fashioned abortion tool but if it works it works
>>
>>35251760
What's your job?

I am curious
>>
Do people actually donate to charities? I am quite wealthy and I have never donated a single cent to anything. It seems like a normalfag thing to do just so you look better among friends and feel better yourself.
>>
The only 'charities' I donate to are content creators that i respect.

Donating to actual charities will have neglible impact, e.g. donating $100 will only help others by $10. If you donate and a problem is partially fixed then other people/the government will be less inclined to contribute.

It's always an equilibrium relative to how bad the problem is, sure a little more demand for helping might push the equilibrium a little bit but not much.

>animal shelters
pissing into the ocean

>prostate cancer research
I doubt you have any idea what prostate cancer is and what the research involves.

also this
>>35249926

>anime avatar
shouldn't you be the one receiving charity for autism?
>>
>>35251849
>It seems like a normalfag thing to do just so you look better among friends and feel better yourself.
Rich people donate to charities all the time. Most donations are tax-deductible. If there's a cause you like, it's nice knowing money is going where you want it to go.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.