[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever been homeless before? I'm thinking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3147.jpg (37KB, 960x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3147.jpg
37KB, 960x634px
Has anyone here ever been homeless before? I'm thinking about it cause it's the only way I can live in NYC.
>>
>>35247516
Never been but ive always wanted to just up and leave. Got noting really keeping me where I am.

Why NYC? Why not someone warmer all year round?
>>
>>35247516
I was thinking of moving to NYC too -- mostly because I don't like driving.
>>
Yea, it's easy being homeless in NYC.

The city is so ridiculously rich that homeless shelters are basically hotel rooms. I had my own room with free cable and wifi. They also have someone that comes and cleans your room for you daily.
>>
>>35247744
That sounds more like section 8 than a shelter

>>35247578
It's only 7 hours away
>>
>>35247770
No its a hotel in Manhattan that's been turned into a shelter aka homeless condos
>>
>>35247744
Sounds good, bro, do you have to be a county resident? I wanted to hunker down in a good homeless shelter from another city, but they require you be a resident of their county.

Speaking of such, how do you get county residence from another city? Am retard NEET.
>>
>>35247798
Still sounds like an sro I mean those places are literally just like weekly motels. You just walk in off the street and get that shit? Don't believe it there would be millions of homeless there trying to check in
>>
>>35247826
Go to city Hall and lie. Tell them you have been living outside in the city for 6 months. They will hook you up ASAP.

They gave me food vouchers for local restaurants and paid for me to take a cab with all of my belongings to the shelter. It's funny I had wall st workers staying on the same floor as me. Totally not what I expected of a shelter. Even the homeless people there were rich.

I would leave my apartment/room in the morning after gaming all night to eat breakfast in the cafeteria and see all the suits heading to work.
>>
>>35247898
I was there for almost two years. I just left because I couldn't afford anything at all. I basically just lived at the facility never going outside my room or the cafeteria.
>>
>>35248002
What brought you to ny? Where'd you go?
>>
>>35248002
Story time.

What brought you there? Chose to be homeless? Any good experiences?
>>
>>35248002
Anon??? What happened? Did they kick you out of the public library? Is that why you can't reply now?

>>35248336
>>35248352
>>
>>35248352
I was really just younger and bored. I wanted to live in Manhattan but knew I couldn't afford an apartment. I honestly did nothing but game and stare out the window while there. I just like the ambience of cities.
>>
>>35249164
So you just said fuck and went to Manhattan like that?
>>
>>35249207
Yes.

I've also saved up money and lived in Japan on and off for a few years.
>>
>>35249253
So you just up with nothing and go to Japan?
>>
>>35249296
I saved up 10,000$ living at home before I went. I went Manhattan with 20$.
>>
>>35249322
How old were you when you went to Manhattan?
>>
>>35249322
What was it like when you first got to Manhattan? What'd you do
>>
>>35247516
>Has anyone here ever been homeless before?

Yes, and it was fucking terrible. Maybe things are a little easier in more heavily populated areas (more access to food, etc.), but down here where I live it was everything I could do to not starve to death.
>>
>>35247516
If you're pretty, you can find shelter. Never see attractive homeless people, do you?
>>
>>35249355
Slept with hot girls, played MMOs, and partied a lot.
>>
>>35249408
I mean like you got off the bus or whatever then what? Just walked around with your bags?
>>
>>35249506
I went to city Hall. I thought I explained that earlier.
>>
>>35249527
Oh I didn't know that was the first thing you went to do
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.