[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any songs that remind you of a specific time or pla

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6190.jpg (54KB, 413x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6190.jpg
54KB, 413x468px
Is there any songs that remind you of a specific time or place? For example, This Must Be The Place by Talking Heads always makes me think of when my dad would make dinner at night, and the two of us would just chill in the kitchen. Good times. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPIxEWGs5g
>>
>>35244796
Psycho killer takes me to primary school when buddy borrowed me Talking heads cd, and Wiz khalifa I'm on my level brings me to a great memory when I was stoned with my friend and it played with rich bass coming from audi's stereo and nothing else mattered. Fun times. Well I think everyone has a song that is connected to a memory
>>
>>35244796
every song I listen to is linked to a place that'll frequently pop up in my head. every track has one, but only one. uninspired/radio music doesn't count. the real deal always paints a scenario or image in my head. they could be memories or just imagination, but they've been consistently the same over time. sometimes I wonder if I need a break from music sometimes
>>
>>35244796
Bubbly by Colbie Caillat always takes me back to a sunny, late-summer part of my childhood that I can't quite place. Like, taking a walk in the warmth of the 7pm sunset when you were 12 and didn't have a care in the world.

This song https://youtu.be/6r4CvGorTek gives me a similar feel, but one where I'm all grown, the world has leaned it's weight on me, but it's okay because I'm learning to live with it. I still see that sunset, late summer, but there's a looming feeling that I'm missing someone. A beautiful someone, a kindred spirit.
>>
>>35244796
My mind compulsively associates music with places and times. It can actually be very annoying, especially when a song I like becomes associated with something bad and it ruins the song for me.

>a lot of Crosby Stills & Nash songs remind me of being in airports.
>a lot of Celtic music I used to listen to reminds me of the school I went to during 5th grade, the only one I ever actually liked

>"Kiss From a Rose", "Africa", and the glee version of "Don't Stop Believing" both remind me of being huddled over my sketchbook in grade 9 at the shitty charter school where almost the entire staff singled me out for no apparent reason.
>"I need a doctor" reminds me of the time I shoved my mom during an argument around the same time and got sent to the fucking emergency room for some reason
>"Rise and Shine" by BOTDF reminds me of grade 11 when I was having frequent homicidal/suicidal ideations. I've heard the song one time since and couldn't finish listening to it.
>I've gotten better at keeping my inconsistent musical preferences and life circumstances separate
>>
I listened to a lot of David Bowie and Space Oddity will always bring me back to when I moved out of my parent's house.
>>
Song Seven by Interpol reminds me of my ex and our last summer together. We were at his house for 6 weeks and we always listened to that song.
"American" by Lana Del Rey also reminds me of him, because I used to sing it. This is what I could come up with at the moment, but as >>35244850
wrote, is exactly how I feel too. I think most people who listens to a lot of music do.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.