[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's being poor like? Like, actually really poor, not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

File: PeNmf2X.jpg (92KB, 735x1012px) Image search: [Google]
PeNmf2X.jpg
92KB, 735x1012px
What's being poor like?
Like, actually really poor, not "college student eating ramen in his apartment". There must be some poorfags here.
>>
>>35236007
It's usually pretty fun desu
>>
>>35236007
I'd assume at a very poor level, a car is what separates the haves from the have-nots. As homeless shelters are very bad places.
>>
>>35236007
she has lesbo ankles
>>
>>35236007

Is this CP?

That girl was pretty fucked in the head either way
>>
>>35236026
How so?

>>35236040
Yeah I read that there's a lot of abuse and rape in homeless shelters? Crazy stuff.

>>35236046
No kidding.
>>
>>35236026
You're an idiot.

>>35236007
It fucking sucks. Not being able to afford food. Going to bed hungry. Not being able to afford bills. My fiance and I are below the poverty line. We're happy. But because we have each other and we know we have people to fall back on if needed. I can only imagine what having no safety net would be like. Although living with my mother again isn't really an option anymore and I don't have a car anymore. But I think I could live with my fiancee's family if I had to.
>>
>>35236079
Actually, I don't know if I'd say we're happy. We're something. And it changes regularly. It's complex. Sometimes I'm borderline suicidal. Others I'm happy.
>>
>>35236119
Ugh, it's disgusting how humans wallow in each other. It's as if you're both living in a bed and shitting in it more and more each day and you're both restlessly rolling around in your collective shit. Why people decide to pair up is beyond me.
>>
>>35236154
>Wallow
I don't think that means what you think it means faggot.
>>
>>35236079
How can you think about marriage if you're both so poor?
>>
it would be great if there weren't niggers loitering around harassing people and robbing the arab ghetto market and fucking with people's vehicles
>>
>>35236175
>You need money to be married

You can't seriously be this fucking ignorant dude.
>>
File: 1487716993337.png (250KB, 6000x3352px) Image search: [Google]
1487716993337.png
250KB, 6000x3352px
>>35236007

How is it even possible to be poor enough to not eat or pay rent?

I'm a uni student and I have $5000 spare a year from the governemnt, and then extra from the uni itself.

Students are apparently the poorest group, and I have way, way more than I need to live.

I swear it's just normies being retarded with money.
>>
>>35236166
Well, I'm using it figuratively. Maybe that's what's making you so confused.
>>
>>35236079
Do you have children?

original children cost money
>>
>>35236208
typical euroqueen welfare monkey
>>
File: 1445135287599.jpg (19KB, 499x492px) Image search: [Google]
1445135287599.jpg
19KB, 499x492px
>>35236208
I know right? I guess you save a lot of money when you don't go to starcucks and pay overpriced drinks at the club.
Well do spend my extra cash on anime shit but i never let the bills go unpaid or go to bed hungry.
>>
>>35236209
>I'm using the word in an abstract sense which can mean anything I want it to mean
>Gosh

You're a fucking moron

>>35236223
Not yet. When I get my law degree and wageslave past the initial hell; sure. It's funny though. If we were to have a child the government would pay for everything for us and we'd be making ~$2,000 a fortnight with all the money.

And before anyone says "omg but ur student" nothing is free. All the money I get is loaned and has to be returned to the government. And even when receiving it we are still below the poverty line.
>>
>>35236229

What the fuck do you mean? Min wage gives you more than studentbux (although student bux give you tonnes spare kek)
>>
>>35236249

Yeah, I don't spend money on drinks or restaurants, or a new normiephone each year.

It blows my mind how people can complain about this, I'd be happy with $5000 a year disposable income for the rest of my life.
>>
>>35236281
I like how you nonchalantly say $5,000 DISPOSABLE per year. That's $100 a week to fuck away on useless shit. Of course you could live off of that.
>>
>>35236309

I know it's a ridiculous amount, e.g. 5 high end gaming computers a year.
>>
It means watching your pets suffer because you cant afford to take them to the vet
It means learning to live with cockroaches
Everything around you reminds you that you are poor and that if god forbid something were to go wrong potentially the whole fucking house of cards could fall at any moment. If my landlord got sick of me on a whim I would be homeless. If a cop gives me a ticket I'll have no way to pay for it. The CEL on my car is a reminder that I can never have confidence in my car getting me somewhere. It means going to the hospital is absolutely out of the question for anything other than totally soon-to-be-fatal circumstances.

Being poor means that you are in the ditch of life and until you somehow claw your way out you are completely disregarded by the other 99% of people around you. When a stranger sees a homeless person they dont see potential or hope. Its just an ugly failure that shouldnt even be attempted to be rehabilitated. Just look the other way until they die and then get the city to pick up their carcass.
>>
>>35236257
all right. a pig wallows in shit, right? that's the literal meaning. and i'm sure you've heard of people wallowing in self-pity. so i'm saying you and your girlfriend are wallowing in each other's miserable presence. i even included a colorful metaphor of you actually wallowing in each other's shit. are you still confused?
>>
>>35236007
Well have you ever had unexpected expenditures during the month which caused you to try and try to see where you can cut corners so you can pay rent, electricity and food
only to end up crying in frustration which ends in manic laughter at the ridiculousness of the whole situation and considering illegal activities but then talking yourself out of it because you're too pussy to kill yourself if caught and not tough enough to survive prison?
That's what being poor is like
>>
>>35236332
No, I was born into money, hence my curiosity.
>>
>>35236343
Came to see the monkeys struggle eh? hope you're having fun
>>
>>35236007
Had a stint being incredibly poor for about 4 months, food was on my mind constantly and all I could eat was mostly bread.

On the plus you lose weight, the negative is that you'll probably go to bed hungry every night. Then there's the worry of having enough money for rent and the like.
>>
>>35236365
>rent and the like.
so you mean the kike and the like.
>>
>>35236007
Took me about 17 years to realize I was dirt poor, was mocked in school for wearing same clothes every day or not having money for deodorant. I got my clothes exclusively from second hand stores. Was on school program for free food coupons. Ate meat once a month as a "deluxe treat".

At 17-18 it was fucking embarrassing, because I was raised up with mentality to be grateful for anything I have. No computer, no vidya, only vidya but no good channels.

I'm 24 now. I'm an ambitious and a greedy bastard and extremely money-motivated, I have a solid job and try to establish a side hustle, but haven't really broke out poor tier, either. Can't afford a car and barely manage food.
>>
>>35236007
Before I joined the military and retired I was poor from 16 to 18 when I left abusive home, it was shit, working my ass off to afford rent and make it days where I would have nothing to eat, I was homeless for about 4 months when I first left too its not a good xp, nothing is quite as good as your first meal after not eating in 5 days
>>
>>35236327
>This is how I'm using my retarded analogy even though it doesn't fit
>I'm right, OKAY!?!?!

You're a fucking moron. Are you the OP?

>>35236319
You're right. I don't understand how anyone couldn't live a happy life with $5,000 disposable per year.

>>35236324
Cockroaches come about due to left-over food and unhygienic living standards. If you washed your shit you wouldn't have cockroaches guy. Although cockroaches are absolutely disgusting
>>
>actual really poor
people don't have internet access you stupid fuck
>>
>>35236398
>I have no idea what being poor is

It's less than $10 a week for an internet connection which is basically a necessity in this day and age.
>>
>>35236007
if you live somewhere without jobseekers allowance your country is shit
>>
>>35236394
the analogy fits, you just don't understand, and you're too proud to admit that you're wrong. it's ok, you're insecure because you can't take care of your girlfriend and you need something to hold onto.
>>
>>35236427
>Projecting this hard
What you're saying isn't insulting. It's that you think you're actually going to upset anyone with this bottom-of-the-barrel projection-tier bait.
>>
>>35236352
No, I'm just curious about how genuinely poor people live and cope, since it's far removed from my life.
>>
>>35236444
do you think you'll move in with your girlfriend's family? it's ok, it happens. maybe after you get married you can carry her over the threshold of the room she slept in as a toddler.
>>
>>35236324
Have you tried sprinkling baking soda everywhere? Gets rid of smells and causes roaches to explode.
>>
File: 1483750854071.jpg (7KB, 236x173px) Image search: [Google]
1483750854071.jpg
7KB, 236x173px
my friend rides his bike for about 70 minutes a day, then from 8am-1pm school he works 1pm-midnight

Very cancerous. I would just join the military
>>
>>35236007
There are no poorfags cause poorfags can't afford internet.
>>
>>35236565
Here you go
>>35236413
Oreganoli
>>
>>35236046
I'm a lezanon and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>35236007
When I was homeless I had to chase racoons away from my tent sometimes. Mean little fucks.
>>
>>35236630
look down sweetie
>>
Interestingly my family have both been poor (we couldn't even afford a car poor) although we could always afford food and had a house, and are now middle class.
The worst thing about being poor is the people. People just don't give a fuck, they have no self respect, ambition, manners or culture. They spend their days working intermittently, using drugs, loitering, vandalizing peoples property, being anti-social and doing lots of low level criminal stuff. Don't get me wrong amongst the rich there are some seriously Machiavellian, passive aggressive and two faced people, but in general they're just kinder and softer.
>>
>>35236007

>>35236324 is pretty accurate. Every expense is stressful when you don't have $50 at the end of the week.

This behavior sticks with you even if you get out of it too. My Mom struggles with this behavior. She's terrified of spending money because of what we went through. I have $15k in the bank and I hate touching it because "what if?"

It's not a rational thought but it's constantly in my mind, and I live like a monk as a result.
>>
File: 4FjWknR.jpg (5KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
4FjWknR.jpg
5KB, 200x193px
>>35236007
>We're so poor I can't study, I have to work to help pay the rent.
>We're so poor I haven't bought new closes since 2015
>We're so poor we have to share a phone because we don't have enough to pay multiple phones' bill
>>
>>35236745
>Have phone
>Can't pay rent

Uh-huh
>>
>>35236756
My mom need it for her work, and it's not an iphone 7 you retard
>>
>>35236756
>Have penis
>Can't get it wet

Uh-huh
>>
>>35236796
Your mom's cunt smells like poopy diapers! Is that also for work?
>>
>>35236796
>Have a job
>Can't pay rent or phone bill though

Uh-huh

>>35236808
You're the same cunt from the projecting posts earlier.
>>
>>35236007
What sucks about being poor is that poor people are just bad with money. My mom would get $800 in welfare but spen $150 on cigarettes. When she ran out of cigarettes she was a bitch and would beat me in anger. I didn't eat for days at a time but somehow I was fat. I get my income online now but I'm lucky to make $500 a month. I want to try programming to make some good cash
>>
>>35237108
>I didn't eat for days at a time
>Somehow I was fat

Pick one you fucking liar.
>>
>>35236681
I agree rich people are nicer. Poor people are always looking to pull a scam or two time you. They have loads of dumb spending habits and they have thisfake religious front they pull
>>
>>35237170
Nope this is true
I would eat two to three weeks out of the month and starve the last week. As an adult my spending habits are better so I eat daily but under my mom I really was fat despite not eating on a regular basis
>>
>>35236394
>Cockroaches

Live in an apartment. I keep my shit clean, thanks. Once they're in it doesn't matter how clean you keep it because food will always be available and they can survive on barely anything at all. Sprinkling borax or baking soda on known locations really don't kill them, just wards them off from that one little area. Nothing short of an outright extermination gets rid on cockroaches and if the landlord doesn't have the money for it (or just isnt willing to pay) then fucking what?
>>
When you're a kid? Hell. And since it's all you've ever known, you don't even realize it. You just know that your parents made you promise not to mention that the reason you stayed up all night is that the raccoons got in and stole your food, and you had to lead a flashlight search at 2am.

It does wonders for optimism, though, because everything else in my entire life feels ten times better now. I have a real bed, the walls are thick, nothing can get me. It's beautiful.
>>
>>35237170
It's not hard to binge on empty calories.
You ever seen SNAP or EBT users? They buy nothing but uber-high calorie junk food
>>
>>35237238
>It's true!
>My body disregards the laws of thermodynamics!

Get yourself involved in a scientific study and have your name written down for the rest of human history as being the only person to eschew the laws of thermodynamics

>>35237281
Contact landlord. If he refuses to act hold money in escrow until he does. ezpz

>>35237330
He complains about not eating then putting on weight like it's confusing. Being poor has nothing to do with poor dietary decisions.
>>
>>35236007
It's incredibly awful i wish i die now
>>
>>35236343
>I was born into money
bane?
>>
People who are poor don't have the Internet.
>>
>>35236007
I was dirt poor growing up because my dad gave away all our money impulsively to help someone in need.
My mom made my sister and I's clothes
she took on three jobs to buy us canned food.
we cut firewood for heat but our house was still freezing and had frost on the windows.
it made my mom suicidal, but I was a kid and it was all I knew.
>>
>>35236154
you've never experienced love have you? True relationships that are more mature than high school and healthy are fantastic.
>>
I live in Romania, in a small city. We don't have a car, nor bathroom. I'm finishing HS, hoping that my mom can work hard enough for my college years, because my father is an alcoholic.

Beat this.
>>
>>35236207
I bet you're gonna shit out kids too.
>You need money to have children

Fucking cunt
>>
>>35237809
Read the thread you fucking moron. But cunts like you make me want to have kids. Pay for my progeny you fucking cuck.
>>
>>35237536
Trust me poor people can have internet
T. Eastern Europe citizen
>>
>>35237238
I got fat when I was a poor kid because my mom got a boyfriend and he fed me a lot. No idea why she didn't stick with him he was really good to her.
Everybody fucking hated my guts when I got fat. It was years to work it off even though I hardly ate and did a lot of exercise. Once it was on it was not getting off.
>>
File: 2017-02-24_10.12.19.jpg (358KB, 880x508px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-24_10.12.19.jpg
358KB, 880x508px
Hahahahahahahaha poor "people"
>>
>>35238062
>taking photos of your screen
>thinking you're a person

lmfao
>>
>>35238062
whatever, you probably used cheats.
>>
>>35236007
I was, my mother used to save money even on toilet paper, using my old school exercise book instead. Luckily we live in Europe so many free food and healthcare. Now i moved with my father, that has a decent job and gains like 2500 euros/month so it's a lot better. The worst thing of being poor is that people without money tend to be very neurotic and staying at home becomes exhausting cause constantly yelling to each other
>>
>>35236049
That's Jodie Foster and if I'm not mistaken her mom took the pic.
>>
>be poor
>be in terrible health
>can't afford health insurance or dental insurance
>just a simple checkup costs 70 fucking dollars
>pulling teeth costs over a hundred
>>
>>35237754
Go away gypsy!
>>
>>35238874
>What is a free clinic
>What is medicaid
>>
>>35236258

>tonnes

Confirmed for Euro.
>>
>>35236681
You can be poor and not be a piece of shit though, i dont think its so much that Poor people are antisocial, but that antisocial people tend to be Poor because they cant behave.
>>
>>35239091
I don't know any free clinics around here and I am not eligible for medicaid.
>>
>>35236249
>>35236208
If you're born to poor as shit parents then you're doomed for life more than likely. Two high school graduates who work min wage jobs and have 3 kids means that there lives will be shit. Thank god my city has two giant factories that never have enough people and higher high school dropouts/graduates for $15 an hour.
>>
>tfw my grandmother, for all the years she has worked, never thought to save any money
What the fuck
>>
>tfw poor family in germany
>still have everything we need, including bmw, vacations from time to time etc
thanks merkel
>>
>>35239353
>poor
>bmw

are u a fucking gipsy?
>>
>>35239559
>gypsy
>poor
pick one

we have a bmw 3, it's stereotyped as a car for young turkish guys showing off since it's flashy but not expensive
>>
>>35239639
yeah it's just 30k right? very ceap
>>
>>35239839
my pops payed like 5k for it, who buys new cars
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.