[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started my job 3.5 months ago, been working 3 days a week.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: big hang theory.jpg (26KB, 472x320px) Image search: [Google]
big hang theory.jpg
26KB, 472x320px
I started my job 3.5 months ago, been working 3 days a week. Excluding my jury duty day, I've taken 3 unpaid sick days. I'm also usually 3 to 5 minutes late for work. My parents keep saying I'm going to lose this job, but the management seems really nice and I haven't been warned about my tardiness or sickness. I've just been warned about goofing off during work hours.

Do you guys think I'm going to be fired?
>>
>>35230948

You wont get fired right away. You'll probably get written up or a warning that you'll be written up if you continue.

most companies have a disciplinary system that they have to go through in order to fire someone.
>>
>>35230948
Depends on the policies of the company. At a mom and pop place, that's probably fine.

If it's a large national brand, they likely have policies in place that accrue penalties over time, and once you get to a certain point you're fired.

I'd say it'd be best to just stop being a selfish prick who's late constantly, but that's just me.
>>
>>35230948
What's the job retard? An office job is way different from a wage slave job such as retail.

See next post
>>
If it is a wage cuck job, there is two ways to look at it.
One, yes you will get fired, habitat lately is highly frowned upon. And it's clear you take too many days off.
Two, maybe it doesn't matter because you could work this shit job for 20 years and be as qualified for another job as any high school graduate. So not taking it too seriously is fine of it's not part of your long term plans
>>
>>35230948

eventually with that attitude. i would start looking for a new job somewhere
>>
>>35230948
>I'm also usually 3 to 5 minutes late for work.
I have been doing this every day for over a year for work
My boss tells me YOU'RE NEVER LATE
Nobody writes me up or complains
They give me plenty of hours and I usually get days I request off on the spot

No idea how that happened but I never goof off. Just look busy
>>
>>35231081
I'm a part-time 7-11 employee. There's no official title, but I've willingly taken the "cleaning guy" jobs, so that's what I am by default.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 500x596px
>>35231147
You don't have a electionic clockin-clock out device? All corporate places have them in America, only mom and pop places don't .
Also are you a girl? I notice females get away with a lot more.
>>
>>35231267
Cleaning guy at 7-11, do you work the lonely midnight cleaning shift?
>>
>>35231270
OP here. We do have an electronic clock-in/clock-out, but I don't usually get comments on my clock-in time.

If I was a girl, would I really be on /r9k/ and not attention whoring? I'm a neckbearded autist.

>>35231285
Nah, I work from 10 am 'til 3 pm.
>>
>>35231312
It might just be that those places have such a high turnover they don't want to bother to file the paperwork to fire you and hire new person unless you unusually fuckup.
>>
>>35231270
I work at a nursing home and we still clock in with paper. I get in, write 8 for hours worked, then proceed to do as little work as possible because fuck it, if I work hard they live by the motto "if you have time to lean, you have time to clean"

I ain't working any harder than I have to
>>
If no warnings for being late, no don't feel you will be fired. But try to get there on time. You will only be fired if you are doing a shitty job at tasks or slack off.
>>
>>35231395
Hard work is a meme. In wagecuck jobs they lie to you and say you could make manager, but you won't unless you know someone or get lucky. I sent 6 years at a job doing 2 to 3 times what some others did and I still got the same basic pay every check. I was such an idiot, I should have just slacked off and saved my energy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.