[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i have a conversation with new people without it sounding

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cantdispensethepence.png (101KB, 811x344px) Image search: [Google]
cantdispensethepence.png
101KB, 811x344px
how do i have a conversation with new people without it sounding like an interview
>>
File: 1369519597459.jpg (251KB, 823x640px) Image search: [Google]
1369519597459.jpg
251KB, 823x640px
I wish I could help you but I'm just an eeI
>>
>>35230329
I wish I could help but I'm also socially inept.
>>
>>35230329
If you're republican, pretty much everything you say is going to be awkward af.
>>
Talk about yourself.
Instead of firing question after question, relate to the other person when they respond. For example
>where are you from?
>I'm from x
>that's good, I've always wanted to visit x, I got a friend who's from there and told me it's really cool
>haha :)
>so blah blah blah
>>
>>35230427
im not republican
>>
>>35230462
>>so blah blah blah

this is the part thats hard. i went on 2 dates before she canned me a year ago and my conversations went like
>where are you from?
>I'm from x
>that's good, I've always wanted to visit x, I got a friend who's from there and told me it's really cool
>haha :)
>new question/try to find common ground
>repeat
>>
>>35230474
Then literally just be yourself. Ask them about themselves then tell them about yourself. It's trial and error. Learn things that sound interesting to them while avoiding specific things that you feel like would make them uncomfortable. It won't happen over night. Legit have confidence in yourself and talk to them like they're on 4chan. The more you learn to appreciate the positive things about you, the less you'll care how people will perceive you.
>>
>>35230508
>talk to them like they're on 4chan
so i should call her a nigger? nice advice

no memes tho thanks
>>
>>35230536
If you're talking to someone who can handle it, sure. I do it sometimes. It's pretty obvious, though, when someone would get offended by hearing it, and they need to get a good grip on your personality before you really come out of your shell.
>>
>>35230607
i guess i meant more for dating, i call some of my friends niggers too but only after ive known them for awhile.

the problem im having is for dating and getting to know new people since most of the time people have talked to me first/led the convo before we got to know each other
>>
>>35230662
You mean meeting girls? It has to happen casually, which is why the more social situations you're in, the better.

Think of going to anime conventions, hanging out with people more, joining clubs, being part of a community, etc.
>>
>>35230504
Sounds like you've done alright and trying to make convo flow.

It's maybe just the person you're talking to is a recluse who can't get into the flow, or they just the type who like to be silent.

Silent type is a different beast ehen it comes to dating.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.