[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I just hold my breath until I pass out to fall asleep? For

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
Can I just hold my breath until I pass out to fall asleep? For seemingly no reason it's recently started taking an hour to fall asleep
>>
>>35228620
Your brain will force you to breathe. It puts its survival needs ahead of your intent.
>>
File: 1463257775521.png (67KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
1463257775521.png
67KB, 616x596px
>>35228620
TIFU by holding my breath and passing out during a lecture.

This happened earlier today. So I was in class listening to a lecture and it dawned on me that I couldn't care less about what my professor was talking about. So I decided to start holding my breath. Now, this is something I normally do if I get really bored. I'll hold my breath for as long as I can and then I'll rest for 3 minutes. I'll do 5 sets of that. I also make sure to pinch my nose as to avoid cheating. I've actually gotten pretty good at it and can hold my breath for 2 minutes and 15 seconds now. Anyways, I start holding my breath and I'm feeling particularly good and I start thinking I can break my record today. I got to about 2 minutes and 20 seconds on my first attempt and then I decide to drop out. "I can do better, let's go for 2 minutes and 50 seconds". So I go and I'm feeling super confident about it. I get to 2 minutes 20 sec and I'm feeling a little light headed. Get to 2 min and 30 seconds and I'm struggling. Like I'm thrashing around silently in my chair, but I'm going for gold. Get to 2 minutes 40 and I'm seriously hurting. Things are getting bad. I close my eyes to avoid looking at my watch (It also made the seconds go faster) All of a sudden I open my eyes and I'm looking up at the ceiling and everyone is flipping out. As I learned from the girl sitting next to me, it turns out my maximum effort resulted into me passing out, smashing my head on my desk, and falling out of my chair. I spent the next 10 minutes trying to explain to everyone that I was fine. Lecture finally resumed and I just sat there feeling like a dumbass with a gnarly headache. Lecture still sucked after that.

TL;DR Tried going for Olympic gold in breath holding. Failed and ended up spread eagle in our lecture hall.

EDIT: A word
>>
>>35228833
If you hyperventilate before, you can lower the co2 in your blood which means you can run out of oxygen before feeling the impulse, which is triggered by co2 levels
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.