[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: Why is everything that seems vaguely appealing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: trump-1843504_960_720.jpg (132KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
trump-1843504_960_720.jpg
132KB, 960x720px
Serious question:

Why is everything that seems vaguely appealing in life so hard?

It seems like the only ways for the average person to make money involve some combination of dishonesty, prostitution or sheer slavery. Literally anything that seems actually appealing to do is impossible, I'm convinced there's some kind of secret society that all the writers and youtubers and musicians are a part of because lord knows I've tried and it's utterly impossible to get anywhere with this stuff. And even with the grunt shit I can do, like programming, it's hard to maintain the enthusiasm needed to be really exceptional at it.

Dating or having a social life, now that's really and truly impossible. If you have that shit, you can pretty much fuck right off. I don't even maintain a glimmer of hope of finding a GF or even friends, really. I actually think that the reason these people manage to connect so well is because David Icke is right, and there actually is a species of reptilians out there who own and control everything and keep everyone else down, and everyone who is popular/chad is one of these reptilians. I mean I'm certainly not the same species as these people, you'd never see a dog who other dogs just act like he's not even there.

I just wish it was possible to have even an illusion of meaning in life, like all of this shit wasn't such complete shit. I don't even know how to describe it. This just doesn't feel like what life is supposed to be. I don't think my problem is with any one specific thing, it's like the very raison d'etre of life is missing. You could give me 10 billion dollars, surround me with fascinating people and the hottest woman in the world as a wife, and I'd end up just as miserable because what's missing is the very point of life. I don't know what I really want, and all the likely candidates aren't things that exist in this world.
>>
I don't know man. What you wrote is compelling though, I hope you can get some luck with whatever you're trying.
>>
>>35226592
maybe you're just shit? what you think is hard, might just be completely irrelevant to most people
>>
File: 467.jpg (97KB, 532x680px) Image search: [Google]
467.jpg
97KB, 532x680px
>>35226592
I just want to be a good person and be happy but both are so hard to do in reality
>>
>>35226815

I don't really know what I'm trying. I guess my problem is being ambitious without actually caring about anything enough to get anywhere with it.

I do have a bit of a spark or lust for frontend web development, but it's not really the all-consuming drive that gives a person a feeling that their career is meaningful, it's just a bit of vague interest, like 'this is sort of neat.'
>>
People who tend to think about life to much cannot enjoy it very much, but they put up with it because they get gf's or get caught up at work. We just don't have anything of value to dedicate our time to. The normals can find a meaning in life because find a place to belong, and don't have autism as a barrier. Most normals don't appreciate how good they have it
>>
>>35226960
some people are spoiled rotten as kids and don't fit in the real world. we all know its a problem, but you're just one dude. we'll try better with the next generation i guess? you can always start with little steps, going to simple classes and growing up the right way.
>>
>>35226592
Everyone finds their own meaning. You should read Victor Frankl's "Mans search for meaning" it's arguably one of the best books on the subject available, and isn't trying to sell you a product like almost every self help book. He is a psychologist who was, along with his entire family, put into a concentration camp in WWII and was the only survivor. He struggled immensely for happiness and meaning after loosing so much and helping people loose so much, but overall he found that you give your own life meaning. Even aspiring to be like other people just because you think they have it all figured out is chasing down the wrong path. You need to figure out the things that you like doing, not necessarily the things that you want. His second condition "a person to love" can be yourself. I'm in psychology and I graduate super soon, I'm not just making this up it's validated at least by unis. If you figure out the simple things that you enjoy and do them, life will improve, it's not about setting goals and it's not about this or that it's just about living life. Most people find something they sort of like to make money but very few people would say the meaning of their life is in their job. For me I just love nature and how cool and beautiful it is, focusing on people and other humans makes me feel either bad or unsure at best and then when I think of the way doggos love me and I can go hiking for free on my spare time, that's where I want to be, and that's why should I ever hit a wall in life I would just apply to work a park or forest ranger, even if it took a year or two to build up enough credit to get the job idk, you need to find what works for you and not what you see other people doing and that's the only way that I've found true happiness.
>>
>>35227133
>isn't trying to sell you a product like almost every self help book
>tries to sell the book
wew
>>
File: Tecquilla cat.jpg (73KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
Tecquilla cat.jpg
73KB, 550x412px
>>35226592
It's hard because of two main factors.
1. Your most likely depressed from lack of movement and that depression is holding you back from taking action.
2. You have no direction, you need to sit down, take a moment to sort out what you want to accomplish and make a list of goals with sub goals that contribute to you achieving that main goal.

As for the money problem, all you really have to do is...
A. Find a problem in society or everyday life and find a solution to monetize.

B. Work in low end slavery and use the funds you gain to create a suitable environment not fueled by money.

C. Use the internet, you have access to a majority of the world's information amassed by millions if not billions of people including successful one, use it to your advantage.

Nothing is impossible in this world of infinite possibilities.Things may not always have a clear path, laid directly out for you but remember this, "If the mind can fathom it, it can be done."
>>
Because god hates us and wants to ensure that our lives are miserable and devoid of meaning or purpose.

Anyone who seems like they have a perfect life is just an illusion created to remind us of the things we can never have and the experiences we will never enjoy

Whatever creator that put us here is most certainly a cruel one
>>
>>35227499
>millions if not billions
>its actually billions
>>
>>35227613
Good to know. You have knowledge from billions of people at your finger tips, why not use it for contributing to your success rather than your momentary gratification?
>>
File: 1473907249074.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1473907249074.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>35227499
>A. Find a problem in society or everyday life and find a solution to monetize.
SO EASY!!!!!!1
>>
>>35227133

Thanks for this post.

I have heard of that book but never actually read it. I read the wikipedia article on it, it looked good but I never bothered to actually pick it up.

> His second condition "a person to love" can be yourself

Does he actually say that or are you just trying to put a positive spin on things?
>>
File: 1385777968301[1].png (11KB, 274x290px) Image search: [Google]
1385777968301[1].png
11KB, 274x290px
>>35226592
What a mysterious system. I guess no one will ever figure out how it came to be. Oh well, time for the orgy porgy! :)
>>
>>35227499
>"If the mind can fathom it, it can be done."

I'm fairly convinced that becoming a successful youtuber is actually impossible. All those e-celebs you see are part of some secret society or working for the CIA, I'm convinced.
>>
File: 1487728487176.jpg (36KB, 350x367px) Image search: [Google]
1487728487176.jpg
36KB, 350x367px
>>35227865
It's not that hard, you could;
A. Ask people about their problems
B. Become proficient in a branch of science or mathematics and solve some of the world's unsolved problems.
C.Think about some annoyance or missing factor in life that you would like to see change that could be profitable.
>>
>>35227865
Well, it's easier when you already have a surplus of the solution, and then you create a problem in society or everyday life. But you're not in the right class for that are you :)
>>
Your success is mainly determined by IQ and hardwired cognitive preferences. Do this test iqtest.dk and try to learn your MBTI type, though 16personalities.com should be a good start (you have to be brutally honest with yourself while answering though. The latter might seem meme tier but if you know your true MBTI type you'll learn if or how you can become truly succesful. Its not a perfect theory but its the best so far out there, so you'll have to make do with it. Though none of that matters if your IQ is lower than average as its the number one most highly correlated trait with success as far as i know. Pic related is IQ of Nazi leaders

If you have the results of these two tests report back and ill tell you why you arent succesful, and if you can be succesful, if yes how you can be succesful.
>>
>>35227795
cuz i don wanna
>>
>>35226960
Your problem is mostly a lack of passion, just like me. Things just don't motivate us or interest us enough to actually do extensive work without being forced to.
I still haven't found a solution to it, so I don't really know what to do about it.
>>
>>35228062
>learn your MBTI type

into the trash. That shit is nothing but psuedoscience and I'm tired of seeing this housewife-tier garbage on this site.
>>
File: 1486164355976.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486164355976.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>35227929
This guy literally sits and does nothing, yet he more popular than a fair amount of people who put effort into their videos. Literally do something new or intriguing and you'll get views. You could even do pranks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW54i24PGw1q7IxciRmgTA

>>35228069
That's on you then.
>>
>>35228062
168 INTJ/P
>>
>>35228062
>best so far out there
in terms of horoscopes? no it's still awful at telling you anything. just go to a chinese food place and read the fortune cookie instead. retard.
>>
>>35228157
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW54i24PGw1q7IxciRmgTA

Actually doing nothing for 4 hours straight is harder work than doing something. I think I'd rather do moderate intensity exercise for 4 hours than simply sit and stare.

And of course, he benefits from the gimmick.
>>
>>35228149
>>35228267

Excepr its based on hundreds of sessions Jung had with different patients rather than absolutely nothing in the case of horoscopes. False equivalence if i have ever seen one.

MBTI as a test is unreliable because people dont answer honestly, but the theory behind it and even the test itself is logically consistent and based on real life experiences. Again the theory isnt perfect, but its the most comprehensive and logically sound personality theory out there right now.

You probably just got a result you didnt like and now have to convince yourself that "its pseudoscience".
>>
>>35226592
It's called having shit tastes.
>>
>>35228210

You dont have an 168 iq, stop being a faggot and be honest if you want help.
>>
>>35228436
chinese horoscope is older and wiser. and jung didn't write all the bullshit about how it actually means anything
>>
>>35228436
>he thinks the old "there are two types of people in this world" is a legitimate approach to solving problems in your life
>>
>>35228541

Its actually 16 types. And yes, you wont 100% fit into any type. There will always be traits of you that wont fit into molds. The point is though that the "not all x are y" approach is just as stupid as what you described. Of course statistics will always have outliers. You dont need ALL x to be y, just most. And most people do tend to fit into their type pretty well, even though not EVERY little part of their personality will fit into it.

I suggest you do a bit of research before argueing something you clearly have no idea about.
>>
File: IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.png (95KB, 437x275px) Image search: [Google]
IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.png
95KB, 437x275px
>>35227499
IT'S YOU AGAIN MOTHER FUCKER

IT'S SPELLED 'TEQUILA'

AND LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'YOUR' AND 'YOU'RE'
>>
>>35228486

Horoscopes mean nothing. Which month you were born and what positions the stars are aligned at has no bearing on the neurochemical processes that determine your personality.
>>
>>35228460
Ok, thanks for the help I guess. Don't know what the fuck I was even expecting.
>>
Ok according to free online tests iq 139 and infj
>>
>>35228712
>won't fit into molds
>entire premise is that there are 16 molds

you missed my point and the point of the MBTI test. It has absolutely nothing to do with how you should deal with life or learn about what you're capable of. It is literally a test surveying what you think about yourself at a specific moment. even if someone else does it who knows you well, it will give you as much information as giving a quirky name to your bad habit of biting your nails. who gives a shit? MBTI is for research, not for personal fortune telling. FUCK

>>35228738
1. i get the feeling you buy into determinism. in which case, it absolutely does.

2. horoscopes are used in exactly the same way as mbti tests. for self gratification. most don't even go back to the old definitions when being introverted meant you were a total asshole to people and you needed to change that.
>>
>>35228794

The chance that your IQ is 168 is so small that i cant take that seriously. Unless you can prove it i cant base my advice on that.

>>35228930

>It is literally a test surveying what you think about yourself at a specific moment

Wrong, thats how people use it but thats not how it is supposed to be used at all. You're supposed to answer honestly even if you do not like the answer. If people did that then the results would be consistent and accurate each time. For example, since i answer honestly my type on tests has not changed a single time, even though i have taken the test multiple times over a span of 2 years. The test is unreliable because people have no self awareness and dont answer honestly. Furthermore the theory describes how you think on a fundamental level. It is about describing hardwired cognitive preferences, not opinions or knowledge.

>MBTI is for research, not for personal fortune telling

You realise that this contradicts your false equivalence argument about MBTI being like horoscopes right? I have been trying to tell you for a while now that MBTI is descriptive, not prescriptive. It describes your personality where as horoscopes tell you exactly whats going to happen in the future.

>i get the feeling you buy into determinism. in which case, it absolutely does.

Then you need to learn to argue based on facts rather than false assumptions that you pulled out of thin air. I dont, and it doesnt

>horoscopes are used in exactly the same way as mbti tests. for self gratification. most don't even go back to the old definitions when being introverted meant you were a total asshole to people and you needed to change that.

How they are used is irrelevant to the integrity of the theory itself. I can use a kitchen knife to stab people just fine, doesnt mean that the manufacturer of that knife intended for me to stab people with it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.