[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the downsides of suicide? I'm not memeing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 13b.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13b.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
What are the downsides of suicide? I'm not memeing but are there any?
>>
all depends on your existential, metaphysical, and/or religious beliefs
>>
There's a chance you fail and end up a vegetable sitting in a wheelchair for 40 years. Or you wake up in the hospital with local news stories already out about you.
>>
Burning in hell for eternity

Can't play the new Zelda
>>
You'll miss out on some stuff that may be decent. For example, a new series of your favourite animu, or shenmue 3, or a cure for depression.
>>
painful in the moment

upsetting your family deeply for the rest of their lives

missing out on opportunities to make your life better or the world a better place

it's also a cynical and selfish act, you are ignoring help you could get for your depression and in a sense saying you know better than everyone else
>>
>>35223327
>There's a chance you fail and end up [..] sitting in a wheelchair for 40 years.
That's my biggest fear, and why I'm still alive today. The only downside IMO.

>>35223664
>You'll miss out on some stuff that may be decent.
That's irrelevant, because it's true no matter your age at death.

>>35223752
>painful in the moment
Hopefully not, if you do it right.

>upsetting your family deeply for the rest of their lives
Assuming you care about this. But anyway, I've had multiple people in my family die at a tragically young age (not kids, but 30s-50s), and the fact of the matter is that people get over it (usually).

>to make your life better or the world a better place
If you're dead, it doesn't matter whether or not your life could have been better. And the world is probably better off without you, on a purely objective basis.

>saying you know better than everyone else
Who knows what right for me better than myself?
>>
>>35223752
it's selfish to assume you know there's a way out or a "cure" for his state of mind. it's not called the easy way out for no reason. calling it "selfish and cynical" is in itself selfish and cynical. you don't know the reasons he has to do it, yet you label it anyway. the most selfish are the ones keeping him from doing what he wants, restraining him to a shitty life. the people doing that would also likely be his family. someone on the verge of suicide has a family that failed to help them. it's they who are selfish, who would rather their family member suffer than let them do what they want.

besides, what authority do you have to decide what he wants to do with his body? :^)
>>
Death itself, living people may be sad for a little while.

Honestly tho people die all the time and the world keeps spinning so there are no real downsides despite what some people say.
>>
>>35223880
So why would you miss out on more stuff? The longer you live, the less stuff you miss. It couldn't be more relevant.
>>
>>35223926
nobody is stopping him from killing himself nor am i claiming i know what will cure him but I think he needs to have an open mind that others might be able to help and be willing to try everything

it's nihilistic to just give up to depression, it just upsets me because we should help each other and not see the world as so scary and sad
>>
>>35223880
sell all your shit and travel some place with a high elevation that drops off into water. 200 feet+ would be ideal.

shoot yourself as you fall. you would likely survive the gunshot as most people don't know how to do it properly and even if you do, there's risk of failure. same with falling, there's been miracles where people fall 100s of feet and survive.

with this you are unconscious and bleeding. drowning like this doesn't seem so bad desu.
>>
I'll think you're a whiny fag- go to therapy, eat some mushrooms there are so many more fulfilling and interesting avenues to help depression than just ending it. Smh.
>>
>>35224022
This you are actually really dumb that argument makes no sense >>35223880
>>
File: 1480512515118.jpg (176KB, 1921x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480512515118.jpg
176KB, 1921x1280px
>>35223327
This is the pretty much only downside. Getting stuck in a hospital bed with no chance to move or even lift a finger and being dependent on nurses for every fucking little thing after you tried to killed yourself sounds like torture.
>>
>>35223284

Its predicted that immortality will be "invented" before our generations dies. We're probably going to see some kind of medical invention around 2030-2040 that will allow people to live 150 year long lives. Complete virtual realities will also be invented before you become old and wrinkly.

There is much on the horizon, its not worth it to kill yourself now.
>>
File: 138675286.jpg (58KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
138675286.jpg
58KB, 499x499px
What's the best option I have?

>jump off 7 story building
>asphyxiation with belt, like robin williams
>poisoning with thousands of mg of lithium
>>
>>35224024
but it actually is scary and sad
>>
>>35224234
What about 2D girls though? It's the only thing I still look forward to pretty much.
>>
>>35223284
You loose your only chance ever to exist, one of the most rare things ever. You were also lucky enough to be a human, the one species with the opportunity to try millions of different things. Plus most humans have the ability to change themselves, maybe for the better.
>>
well you fucking die
oregialo
>>
>>35224234
>OP wants to die
>But if you kill yourself you wont live forever
thats kind of the point anon
>>
>>35224327
anyone?

oreganononono
>>
>>35224327
of all those id say the building as scary as heights are but theres way way way less room for eff ups and people finding you, especially if you do it at night
>>
if your parents would disown you if you had a girlfriend who wasnt white or if you were guy is it okay to not care what theyd think if you an hero'd? i never even talk about religion and one time my mom said it was a slap in the face that they had always told us "the truth" about the bible and i choose not believe. most of time things are fine but stuff like this always bothers me. my mom was like "god, never come home with a black girl your dad would never talk to you again"

im not gonna though id just like to know

also what are the odds of surviving buckshot?
>>
>>35224644
you are obviously underage

stop being such a dramatic faglord, get a hobby
>>
>>35224644
I'll tell you what I think, though you probably won't like my opinion. I think you should just do what your parents want. Life is just much easier with your parents support, and an heroing is just a waste. I know in our society it's "cool" to not be like your parents and rebel, but what does that really achieve? Usually people who go that route don't end up happy, and instead have miserable, meaningless lives. I don't know what your religious views are, but you should at least pretend to believe in what they believe for both of yours sakes. It just more pragmatic that way. Maybe have an honest discussion with your parents if you can, but at least let them be happy, and in turn you can be happy. Good luck with whatever you choose to do anon.
>>
>>35224380

Complete VR should enable you to fuck 2D girls, 100% guarantee that some form of it will be invented before you become too old to enjoy it

>>35224469

In my experience suicidal people general want to kill themselves because of a lack of a hopeful future for themselves. Immortality or longer lifespans would give you more time to get your life back on track before you become old and disgusting. Plus if 150 was the new average lifespan you wouldnt just be throwing away another 15 healthy, young years, but something along the ballpark of 30 years if you kill yourself at 25 for example. You would have more to lose in that case.

Besides, longer lifespan + complete VR is probably the biggest wish of most people here. Imagine being able to live, not just watch, all your favorite 2D chink shit and video games.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.