[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Finally get my novel published after working on it for 3

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: obama-tears.png (374KB, 688x437px) Image search: [Google]
obama-tears.png
374KB, 688x437px
>Finally get my novel published after working on it for 3 years
>immediately get a 1 star review calling it dogshit and asking if the author is retarded.
>some people are saying it's one of the word books they ever read, and the author needs to find a new career

>took it down after a month when I got another review saying someone recommended it to him because of just how bad it was that it was comical.
>>
don't give up, everyone starts at the bottom
>>
>>35209575
Link to book or excerpt pls I need to know how bad it rly is
>>
Sounds like your book is a bunch of okie doke
>>
what is your book about?
>>
File: 1468568259468.jpg (35KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1468568259468.jpg
35KB, 500x667px
>>35209575
I want to read this book
>>
>>35209575
You got a book published? And it wasn't popular? How?

Self published? Digitally published? Or like publishing house published?
>>
>>35209642
it was a book about a man who gave up on women after being cheated on & betrayed several times.

Later in his life he meets a woman who flirts with him, initiates and leads him on.

He still has his doubt about women so he stays suspicious of her.
After hanging out with her for a while he begins to gain trust in her, and decides to date her. he still has fear of being cheated on and she tries her best to convince him that it's okay for him to trust her.

>they get married
Later it's revealed to the reader that she's actually cheating on him with a fat older man, and he fucks her when her husband is at work.

he cums inside her and even fucks her on his bed.

Later she tells him that she's pregnant and he gets happy, they have children then the story ends with him finding a videotape of her having sex with the fat disgusting old man, calling him a loser and making fun of him.

The book ends with him committing suicide after he finds out that the children aren't his.
>>
I'm sorry OP, but are you one of those Neets that have been posting for years how he's sitting comfy working on his book? If so the year of Trump is hitting NEETs harder than I imagined.
>>
>>35209722
That sounds like you just adapted some shitty NTR doujin

why would you do that?
>>
>>35209575

rule #1 of art: the first thing you do is always shit. no exceptions.

learn from your mistakes and get better. think of it this way: if your dogshit novel managed to get published, if you write a better one you'll have an ever greater chance of that one being published.
>>
>>35209722
>spend 3 years writing cuck erotica
kek
normies can't relate to that. They don't want to read about getting cucked because it's one of the worst things that could happen and a lot of people fear it
>>
Don't worry OP. Maybe try selling it as a movie. It worked for a ton of shitty books. Look at Twilight, Harry Potter, 50 Shades, etc.
>>
>>35209768
I just wanted to write a realistic relationship for once.
>>
>>35209722
I'm sorry to say this anon, but it does at least sound miserable. Is it supposed to be a dark comedy of sorts? He sounds like a pretty average dude... Who comes to terms with his trust issues, which is ok... But then his trust issues are just affirmed and he suicides. At least the ending is a very big downer... Why should I be understanding of his suicide? Other than "he was right all along"?
>>
>>35209575
I can sympathize with writing a novel, Anon... and things not going as planned.

I never published mine, though, and I'd rather forget that I ever worked on it at all. I have Bipolar Disorder and one night I fucking hated everything, deleted all my drafts of the book off my computer, off the cloud, and even formatted the hard drive, smashed my laptop (though it survived).

I actually do this about once a month, destroying things I have or create. I stopped trying to write because I can't control my mood. I'll put my heart and soul into writing and, yet, in the end, I'll be the one to throw it all away.

Can't wait till I lose control and finally kill myself.
>>
>>35209851
Jesus fucking Christ what a depressing board
>>
>>35209833
So realistic is suicide if the other person breaks your trust? Even in such a graphic and explicit way, that's what psychologists and drugs are for, did he straight up just suicide? Or did it build up to it after the tape incident?

Also this>>35209851
You are not alone.
You are not alone.
You are not alone.
You are not alone.
>>
>>35209575
hahaha you're fucking faggot i'm actually laughing at this
>>
>>35209833
I wanna read it
>>
>>35209575
You may end up like Tommy Wasseau, or whatever his name is, who directed The Room. He thought he did great when his movie was being watched by thousands of people, but booooy was he wrong!! You could accidently be famous, op, for all the wrong reasons, too!
>>
File: walleyedhelper.jpg (12KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
walleyedhelper.jpg
12KB, 238x192px
>>35209722
this nigga spent 3 years writing bad cuckfiction

just fuck my shit up desu senpai if this is real then life has been worth it
>>
>>35209575
>people are saying it's one of the word books they ever read
That's probably a compliment as far as books go
>>
I once wrote a +100 000 words project... It was supposed to be a novel inspired by the fritzl case (father kidnapped daughter and kept her inside the basement-rape dungeon he built for 24 years)
Of course it was only loosely based on the true story. No actual connections to facts and shit. Just my version of the case.
Unfortunately the people I showed it to either found it too macabre, or that I couldn't write that story because it would be considered plagiarism or that I would be infringing the Fritzl's rights by taking their story with so little regard to what the real Elizabeth might have thought. So I delayed the thing.
Years later a professor convinced me to turn it into a script for a movie. He thought that we could actually do it with extremely low budget and it had potential to be great. So I spent almost one year working on the script version. And suddenly a film is released in Hollywood... Called room. You could guess the imensity of my sorrow when I found out. My apparently original script was ruined. Anything launched after Room would look lake blatant plagiarism. I would have to wait years until dust has settled so I could begin to think about the story again... So it can be taken a bit seriously. Even so the comparison with room would be permanent. My dream is ruined.
>>
>>35209876
He was already suicidal from past relationships. She helped him get over his depression.

He was thinking about suicide for a long time after being cheated on before, having his trust betrayed. Thinking about the same woman for over 5 years, who is now being fucked by some Chad.

There was tons of build-up. Basically him getting suspicious of things she was doing, and wondering if she's lying about other things. He was extremely insecure & paranoid and felt he shouldn't trust women, he was on the verge of going ballistic from the start. And when he finally let his guard down and came to trust her and love her for who she is. He finds out he was cucked from the start.

I might rewrite the story, and change the ending to where instead of suicide, he ends up being someone who cucks others, he turns into the asshole that women are attracted to, and ends up ruining the lives of other married men as a result.

He does it as payback to the world.

>>35209851
I suggest you buy a gun and keep it loaded next to you. Next time you have an episode you might use the gun before you have time to think and there goes your life.
>>
>>35209851
>gets mad and starts breaking laptop
>laptop survives
Hahahaha! Seriously, though, I know this feel. I am bipolar and it effects my work. Some days I feel like I am the shit at work answering call lights, lifting up patience by myself, and helping other CNA's with their patient's. The off days I feel like shit telling my self why even bother, nobody is going to help me, the patients may not even like me.
>>
>>35209575
People actually read your shit?

Tell me how you got readers
>>
I am a comic creator, kinda wanted to write novels too, something horror but i would probably be just some wannabe Stephen King-ripoff.
>>
>>35209991
Yep, I've definitely considered the gun idea.

>>35210060
Funny thing is, it's survived three of my assaults and repaired just as many times. I guess I'm lucky I'm a weakling, otherwise the laptop would be beyond repair.
>>
>>35209722

tldr. Who "published" your book?
>>
>>35209851
And now OP has a plot for his second book.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.