[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get a girlfriend that isn't obsessed with consumerism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 983421.jpg (23KB, 480x232px) Image search: [Google]
983421.jpg
23KB, 480x232px
How do you get a girlfriend that isn't obsessed with consumerism?
Even the smart educated ones just seemed obsessed with having even more expensive consumer stuff.

I hate knocking on consumerism but the mindless sort of it just seems inescapable.
>>
>>35200603
with few tries and dash of luck
>>
>>35200603
Most people aren't obsessed with consumerism.
However many desire objects to display their social status.

But I doubt your most current problem is consumerism. Start by a consumerist GF and move on from there.
>>
>had a gf that was an ultra lefty political scientist that constantly ranted on tumblr about how much she hated capitalism
>blew money on a daily basis on worthless knick-knacks, new clothes, and various status signifiers
>brought up this irony to her
>I JUST LIKE SHOPPING, IT'S FUN AND I LIKE TO EXPRESS MYSELF

I can't even imagine being this cucked by corporations.
>>
>>35200649
>Most people aren't obsessed with consumerism.
Yes they are. Most of them are not even aware of it which is why a lot of people call it mindless consumerism.

>>35200840
Honestly I don't want to be a controlling guy if I were married it would be a huge issue. Since that's joint financing.
If a girl I'm dating is independent and stupid at spending that is an entirely different issue. My problem with it is that I don't want to waste my finances with status indicators and 'expressing' my consumer interests like it's some kind of defining part of who I am.
>>
on every level you are in the wrong century

and its going to get A LOT worse, trust me
>>
>>35201170
No I'm not. I like some aspects of consumerism. I like being able to buy USEFUL or interesting things.
There is no way things can get worse for mindless consumerism, since the economy would have to improve significantly for that to happen.
>>
>>35201405
the mindless side will get a lil bit more pronounced
>>
>>35201858
It could only get more pronounced from my perspective if I knew more mindless consumers. Which I don't. So unless your implying people who like throwing money around are suddenly going to start wanting to be around me.. I really don't think I'll be seeing a lot more of it.
>>
>>35202149
i dont even

yeah i guess you wont be seeing it that much if you stay in your den. however scrap the girlfriend idea then buddy
>>
>>35202362
>implying I'm a neet
I'm too busy focused on work to go out and do shit. Going out to have "fun" which everyone admits is not fucking fun would just be mindless consumerism in my situation.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.