[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you read books or go to the theatre? Who is your favourit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: molloy.png (5KB, 146x238px) Image search: [Google]
molloy.png
5KB, 146x238px
Do you read books or go to the theatre?
Who is your favourite author?
Mine is Samuel Beckett. His work really reaches my "soul".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQToJ9RR-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gnZN4SEhjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzgPTKDSWEU

>"Hereunder lies the above who up below. So hourly died that he lived on till now."

>"My life, my life, now I speak of it as of something over, now as of a joke which still goes on, and it is neither, for at the same time it is over and it goes on, and is there any tense for that? Watch wound and buried by the watchmaker, before he died, whose ruined works will one day speak of God, to the worms." - Molloy
>>
File: cute dragon.jpg (98KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cute dragon.jpg
98KB, 800x800px
Yes, but its all trashy fiction and fantasy. I have been reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen recently.

It kinda lost its sense of mystery and depth around book eight, I hope it gets better. It feels like the author blew his load on Memories of Ice.
>>
mine is kafka

upon reflection, however, no one has really spoken to me and I've always just pretended (except when I was a boy)
>>
Blast hell to heaven bump, so far really good.
>>
My favorite author is Stephen King. His books always fill me with suspense, wanting to know how the conflicts resolve, and I enjoy his themes of human will triumphing against extreme adversity.
>>
Molloy's great and I'm planning on reading the other 2 soon

I'm currently re-reading Tristram Shandy.
>>
The last video was the best imo:

the lonely position at the top working hard and moving forward but getting further away from the sauce, really makes you think?

>don't surround yourself with yes men
>>
Mine is Neil gaiman.
American gods and Sandman are so fucking comfy to read.
>>
File: 1488163052866.jpg (18KB, 438x428px) Image search: [Google]
1488163052866.jpg
18KB, 438x428px
>>35190335
Bought an E-reader for christmas.

So far I like Orwell and Steinbeck. Pynchon a shit.
>>
>>35190335
I like Molloy. I've always pictured him a bit differently from your pic, though-- skinnier, and with hair.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.