[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing Dark Souls 2. Gonna try and hit the first DLC

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: saltfort.jpg (258KB, 1612x907px) Image search: [Google]
saltfort.jpg
258KB, 1612x907px
I'm playing Dark Souls 2.
Gonna try and hit the first DLC before the night is through.

What are you robots up to?
>>
>>35189395
going to the library soon to study and look at cute grills I have no shot with
>>
Is it your first time playing the DLC?

For all the hate DaS2 gets, the DLCs were amazing
>>
watching a RE2 stream while shitposting. Probably gonna go to bed soon since it's almost 4
>>
>>35189420
Nah, I've played them once before, but I wanted to revisit them after playing Ashes of Ariandel and see how they hold up. I really liked them too. Especially Crown of the Old Iron King.

What was your favourite boss from them? Mine was Burnt Ivory King, just because of the setting and atmosphere alone.
>>
>Using claymore in ds2
Get a red iron twinblade
>>
>>35189451
True, I pretty much always use the claymore in Souls games. I should change it up once in a while.
Where do I get it?
>>
>>35189450
Ivory King was amazing. The fall to the arena made it feel so grand

Atmosphere and design wise? Ivory King
Gameplay wise though, I'll give it to Sir Alonne.
>>
File: AWOOOOO.jpg (37KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
AWOOOOO.jpg
37KB, 500x342px
BB > DaS > DeS >>> DS3 >>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>> DS2
>>
>>35189688
Dark Souls 3 has better bosses than any other game in the series.
Sister Friede is the best boss in the series.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>35189610
Not OP but I never got to play Ivory King because my Xbox 360 data got corrupted and fucked my saves and I couldn't use bonfires and other weird stuff. Between Sunken King and Iron King they were both amazing IMO. I really liked the mesoamerican atmosphere in Sunken King though, I was amazed they were able to translate such a style seamlessly into a Souls game
>>
>>35189688
I know it's just your opinion but having ds3>>>ds2 makes me think you're a stupid head
>>
>>35189736
>>35189688
ok sure but in terms of hub?

DS2 > DaS > BB > DeS >>>>>>>> DS3
>>
>>35189688
bb isn't the best desu
>>
>>35189736
>literally Maria with a scythe
>dude let's fight her 3 times because there's only one other shitty copy pasted boss in this shitty dlc
>>
>>35189736
I really don't know how you can say Dark Souls 3 had the best bosses. The only fun/difficult bosses IMO were Twin Princes, Champion Gundyr and Nameless King and I guess Dragonslayer Armor. Everything else felt like filler.
>Ds2 was like that too
I'm not defending Ds2 in that regard, they're both guilty. I haven't played BB so I wont judge it but If we're looking at bosses then I think Ds1 should be first.
>>
>>35189395

> neet friend buys conan exiles for me with his dad's money
> won't even play it with me once

I mean im grateful to his dad for it but whats the point if we're not gonna play it together ;-;
>>
>>35189688

>ds3>ds2

I'm going to assume you don't pvp.
>>
>>35189744
Damn shame. Ivory King DLC in general was amazing
>>
>>35189766
majula is completely overrated
>>
>>35189805
Dancer? Abyss Watchers?
Champion Gundyr? Soul of Cinder?
Pontiff? Aldrich?

All of those bosses were lots of fun and had their own small gimmick that mafr them unique. They all had good music, and most had cool arenas, designs, and lore.

I don't remember any bosses from the base DS2 that were as fun as those, apart from Darklurker.
>>
File: 09443236.jpg (30KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
09443236.jpg
30KB, 500x281px
>>35189736
>Sister Friede is the best boss in the ser-
>>
>>35189839

>not liking the comfy sounds of waves crashing

How on earth is that overrated?
>>
>>35189871
Ludwig may be more memorable and cinematic, but gameplay wise, Friede was more varied, fun, and challenging.
>>
>>35189860
>Dancer
She has one combo that can basically 1-shot you but besides that she's piss easy because they tried to make her look cool rather than be challenging.
>Abyss Watchers?
Parry/Backstab all day, easy as shit. I'll admit it's fun, I should have mentioned them, but they're not challenging.
>Champion Gundyr?
Mentioned
>Soul of Cinder?
Feels bland IMO. Not much to say here. No strong feelings toward him
>Pontiff
Solid boss, but feels like a watered down Fume knight No strong feelings toward him
>Aldrich?
Running away from arrows and then getting in 3 attacks is not my idea of fun

Also pretty much 2/3 of Ds3 bosses have a 'get angry at half hp' gimmick and it gets pretty fucking boring pretty fast.
>>
>>35189420

I don't really understand the hate it gets. Gameplay wise it's a strait upgrade from DS, minus stupid fucking health gems.

The level design might not be quite as good as early game DS, but it sure as fuck is one million times better than late game DS.

>but but but dudes in armor
Get fucked, sure they aren't as visibly interesting as Bloodbornes gross mass of worms shit, but they are decent quality for the most part. Bloodbornes best bosses are fucking dudes in tophats anyway.

Plus, as you said, the DLCs are great.
>>
>>35189871
Ludwig is definitely the best boss in the series, and I mean that purely from a game play stand point. none of that presentation, lore, build up, or moonlight shit either
he's aggressive enough where he will keep you from catching your rhythm if you fuck up or try to heal but not so much that you can't do any type of evasion to feel safe.
you're rewarded if you actually dodge into his attacks and find blind spots and punished for keeping a distance
if you decide to pummel him he will actually stagger making it feel like you're not just hitting a wall full of hp.
none of his attacks have shitty random hit boxes and every attack he has has some form of tell subtle enough for you to know its coming
>>
>>35189688
>tripfag with shit taste
not even surprised
>>
>>35189916

Fuck you she was. She was a Bloodborne boss tossed into a game where the mechanics don't mix particularly well. She is literally Padding the boss fight.

Stage one is easy as fuck probably the easiest fight in souls. It takes fucking days, since she just swings constantly, but it's easy.

Stage two is more of the same. Hang back while she is set to mince, poke Firedad when he's on the ground. Oh and she heals occasionally, which does nothing but prolong the fight since now you need to track her down or let her fucking heal dad.

Stage three is the only legitimately hard part of the fight. It's a good fight, but its still just a shit load of waiting around for her 18 hit chain to end, poking her once, then repeat. If only I didn't need to wait half a fucking hour to get to this part every time I try.

Is she memorable? Sure. Is she well designed? Fuck you.
>>
File: najka.jpg (331KB, 1612x907px) Image search: [Google]
najka.jpg
331KB, 1612x907px
FUCK NAJKA
>>
>>35190204

Stand on the stones when she goes under OP.
>>
>>35190216
I've platinumed this game and somehow I never knew you could do that.

Thanks.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.