[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can normies afford to pay for university? It costs thousands

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 8797978.jpg (24KB, 480x439px) Image search: [Google]
8797978.jpg
24KB, 480x439px
How can normies afford to pay for university? It costs thousands of dollars and on top of that you have to pay for food, insurance, and any other expenses you might have. I don't understand, not everyone has a scholarship that pays full tuition or enough saved up from a job. Even when they're in college they buy new iphones and clothes and booze for parties. Does everyone there just come from rich families who can financial support them?
>>
>>35186673
To answer the last part, simply yes in a lot of cases.
>>
My daddy pays for my college but this is 100% not the norm in a public university

90% people here get loans and pay for it themselves. It's not that bad with scholarships, government aid, and working part time.

Still though, if I wasnt lucky enough to have a rich family, I wouldn't have gone to college. Being in debt for this is not worth it

Private universities are a completely different thing. Most in there are born to richfag parents or have some insane scholarships
>>
>>35186749
>90% people here get loans and pay for it themselves.

This is something I find confusing. You're willingly going in debt so you can HOPE to find a good job. There is no guarantee and in fact there's a higher chance you won't even get a job into whatever field you study for. Are these people just brainwashed from "you need to go to college memes"? Then after school they all complain about their debt like it was forced upon them and they have a right to education. These people act really spoiled I think
>>
Government and uni scholarship covers my tuition. I have to pay for books and housing. I work part time and have a few thousand saved up. I have a shitty apartment I use loan/job money to pay off. I'll probably graduate with around $25,000 in debt (most to my parents), which is easy to pay off while I live with my parents for a bit. I wish I went to CC for the first 2 years desu, then I'd probably have no debt at all.
>>
It's just like, kids can't afford to live on their own anymore even if they are actually working. When I say kids I mean people aged 18-30 now, because people seem to still be developing in their 20's. A lot of "rich" kids (even middle class) are able to afford to go to college one way or another with their parents help, probably state college and student loans, unless they are a real piece of shit who "needs" to go to a 50,000-100,000 a year tuition school. Most parents saved up money for their kids assuming they would go to college. Some kids ask for money for "books" and spend it on bullshit. Pretty much every kid is gonna be in debt unless their parents helped them in some way. It's crazy. I can hardly afford to live alone and I work full time. I have to live in a basement apartment. My brother is 4 years older than me and used all the money my parents saved up to send us to college (he went to a "prestigious" school that cost over 200k) my options were extremely slim and I didn't want any debt so I started working. This shit really bothers me and I am always a few financial mistakes away from switching basements.
>>
>>35186835
>are these people just brainwashed from "you need to go to college memes"?

Yes exactly.
Everyone I know (Americans) (I'm not American) has the need-for-college so deeply ingrained into their brain that not going to college is worse than being homeless for them.

They would 100% rather leave college with a diploma in hand and 60-100k in debt than to start working after high school.
>>
Mommy's paying so she can brag to all her friends.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.