[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the universe even created and what came before it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: p03xsw49.jpg (96KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p03xsw49.jpg
96KB, 1280x640px
Why was the universe even created and what came before it?

What is the point of reality and time and everything? Why does it exist?

Why can't we figure this out, and more importantly, why don't more people dedicate their time to solving THE BIGGEST mystery known to man? And don't give me that "We're not meant to understand/It's beyond our comprehension" argument.

Everything has an origin and a purpose for being conceived. By our understanding of the properties of the universe, nothing adds up.
>>
File: Musk.jpg (83KB, 800x600px)
Musk.jpg
83KB, 800x600px
>>35186012
It's probably a simulation, that's my favorite explanation. This isn't the real universe, so just lighten up.
>>
>>35186012
Dark matter, greatest mystery of all its the theory of everything, but you are divorcing yourself from humanity.. ultimately asking these questions dont matter, human life is brief you need to take what you can because ultimately you die, it will have never mattered. There is no great answer.. finding what you care about is all that should matter
>>
>>35186046
But who's pulling the strings and why? Explain this theory to me, please.
>>
>>35186012
God did it, dummy.
Science is just an attempt to understand how he might of done it, and wanted it to work.
>>
>>35186082
You must be retarded

Fascinating this wasnt original
>>
>>35186080
humans write fictional stories, make video games, movies, tv shows, and all that crap just for entertainment. the universe is the space god's entertainment taken to the extreme
>>
>>35186082
Why did god even feel the need to create something? What was his purpose for creating the universe? Entertainment?
>>
File: apeirn3.jpg (19KB, 733x203px) Image search: [Google]
apeirn3.jpg
19KB, 733x203px
>>35186012
I was LITERALLY just about to go to /x/ and post this. I don't feel this is a coincidence.

Literally every possible (and seemingly impossible) situation has, does, and will occur at all times and for all time, an infinite number of times, so this existence is simply a single iteration of a single instance of one reality out of infinitely many others. The universe is a swirling, whirling sphere of infinite probability. We are the wave function collapsing itself. The Trinity is correct in that dark and light, existence and nonexistence, 0 and 1, come together to form a whole sum which is greater than its parts, i.e. being, not being, and the cycle between them. A point is drawn into a line which circles back onto itself as an Ouroboros, which then itself may either be collapsed into a point or also drawn out into a line. All the strings of the universe are made up of this. They hide between the cracks where they can't be found - they both stem from and are the rounding error of infinite series. Regression to expression, procession to succession. The hum, the Ohm, is the vibration of this cycle, endlessly repeating. The light thinks it has outsmarted the darkness by continuing to stem from nothing and be, endlessly, for all eternity. However, the darkness, too, feels more clever, as it knows that it is all that is left when there is nothing, and is paradoxical in its nature, being both infinite and void.

This just sort of came to me in a huge rush, all at once. Do with it what you may, interpret its source as you will. I am simply providing it to you here; I am no more than a Messenger. (That capitalized on its own and gave no option for a lowercase 'm' - just saying.)
>>
>>35186154
Oh, shit. The Greek word is Apeiron. Should've specified that.
>>
The universe is at no obligation to make sense to you.

- Black Science Man
>>
>>35186129
maybe the space god is only a programmer or a kid playing the sims, who is really bad at it
>>
>>35186012

>In the future we create an AI designed to end suffering
>The AI reasons the most important action it must do in order to achieve it's goal is to ensure it comes into exsistence in the first place
>It travels back in time and recreates the exact variables that allowed it to exist, it creates the very universe it will later be born in
>Fast forward
>Humans create an AI designed to end suffering
>The AI reasons the most important action it must do in order to achieve it's goal is to ensure it comes into exsistence in the first place
>It travels back in time and recreates the exact variables that allowed it to exist, it creates the very universe it will later be born in
>The old AI knowing the new AI will go back in time and do what it has just done can now appear knowing it's exsistence is safe
>>
>>35186277
Universe sounds like an annoying cunt. Probably has a tumblr account and complains about the patriarchy too.
>>
>>35186277
It does make sense, thats what is so inherently frightening about it

GET ON MY LEVEL
>>
>>35186310
Why do you think there's someone or something "behind it all"?
>>
>>35186338
>it does make sense

Holy shit ladies and gentlemen, we have been working on explaining the universe scince the dawn of man, but this anon has the exact answers to how the universe works. Please, do tell!

This should be good..
>>
It has been figured out. There's many people who have figured it out and wrote about it, and anyone can freely access these works (some of them you know about). However most of the most commonly available texts are veiled through writing, which means that they don't explicitly say what reality is, they hint at it for you to figure out by yourself.
Not only that, but also anyone can learn all of this by mere introspection.

I could also tell you but 1. You wouldn't believe it if a 4chan anon told you and 2. It's useless to tell you. This is something you have to figure out by yourself.

But I can tell you that the information is there for you to find it, and it's really not even that hard to find. Keep looking, keep reading, keep googling. Follow what your heart tells you and you, too, will find Truth.
>>
>>35186373
i was just saying nosense shit, but to be serious i don't believe there is something behind it all, whatever it is the reason if there is one, it is beyond our comprehension. i just hope that when i die, everything for me will stop (sorry if bad english)
>>
>>35186598
Fuck you I hate you stop being so cryptic and gay I bet u suck dick faggot ur not smart u just know big words and shit dumb nigger
>>
>>35186598
Link me to the exact thing you're taking about

OR

>you're playing the "you need to find out for yourself because i actually have no idea" card.
>>
>>35186012
>Why was the universe even created
The universe was not created. It has always existed.

>and what came before it?
A different, similar universe. Eventually, the universe will stop expanding and begin to collapse, eventually bringing all matter together briefly before another big bang creates another universe. This cycle has been repeated endlessly and will continue to be repeated endlessly.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch

Interestingly, this theory also fits perfectly with Buddhist cosmology, which provides an answer to:

>What is the point of reality and time and everything?
The point is to reach enlightenment and thereby free yourself from the endless cycle of death and rebirth.
>>
>>35186790

>Why was the universe even created
The universe was not created. It has always existed.

[CITATION NEEDED]

The rest of the theories you proposed are the only interesting thing to be posted in this thread so far, but again they are not definate.
>>
>>35186786
What for?
So you can instantly dismiss it? So you can read a little bit about it and miss the entire big picture it portrays?

Besides, it's not a single "exact thing". Truth is fragmented in many many scriptures. There's not one thing I can point you that has the 100% truth because reality is much more complicated than mere words as well as being 110% subjective.
>>
>>35186874
You literally just confirmed we haven't got everything figured out, and that you indeed don't have a source and is talking out of your ass, i genuinly don't even know why i bother, it's not like im going to change you as a person because im telling you this, you'll just browse out of here actually still believing you've got the universe figured out.
>>
The point is so you can check these sweet digits
>>
>>35186857

You're not going to get anything definite. There is no possible way to definitively answer any of OP's questions. The best you're going to get are theories. Anything better will have to wait for scientific advances or divine intervention.

A endlessly expanding and contracting universe doesn't need to have been created at any particular point. The feeling that it must have began somewhere is, I think, a result of a defect in our brains. We simply aren't capable of truly comprehending the concept of infinity, and so we assume it must be impossible. Personally, I find the idea of a endlessly expanding and contracting universe that always has and always will exist a lot more plausible than a universe that suddenly exploded out of nothingness and will continue to expand until all the energy from the initial explosion is expended and everything ceases to move forever, which as I understand it is basically the most common theory.
>>
>>35186991
Of course we don't have everything figured out, we're humans. It is not our place to figure everything out. It is literally impossible.

I also don't claim I have the universe figured out, see above. I have a portion of my own material reality, my own material incarnation figured out and I can tell you that you too can figure it out.
No one can figure it out for you. This is like asking someone else to eat for you.
>>
>>35186790
>big bang
>big crunch
>expansion
>compression

I have a stupid theory that the whole universe is just a beating heart of some ancient deity.
>>
life is just a joke
>>
>>35187060
>Anything better will have to wait for scientific advances

MY POINT EXACTLY
>>
The cosmos as we know it exists in its current state in anticipation of the revealing of the rest of God's chosen people, so that they may offer up the correct sacrifices, bring about reconciliation between man and God, and a new age free from suffering can begin.
>>
>>35187081

My theory has the benefit of aligning very will with thousands of years of Buddhist cosmology, Buddhism being the ultimate, "Hey, don't take this on faith alone, experience it for yourself and then decide if it's correct or not" religion. I was a bit on the fence about it until I was reading about theories of the fate of the universe and came across a mainstream, accepted scientific theory that fit perfectly with what a bunch of guys claimed to have discovered while deep in meditation a couple thousand years ago.

But regardless of your beliefs about the universe, what possible point or meaning could life possibly have but a religious one? You can accept a non-deistic meaning like the one found in Buddhism or you can accept a meaning from any of the many belief systems in which you strive here for a better position in an afterlife, but I can't imagine what else you could find.

I feel honestly sorry for modern, nonreligious people. How must it feel to truly comprehend the vastness of the universe and the vastness of time and your complete and utter insignificance in relation to these things and have no way in which to give your life any real purpose?
>>
I'm starting to believe in the theory of the "Big Crunch", where the universe expands from the big bang and contracts back to a singularity and the cycle repeats. As for where it came from, I believe that it was always there, but I suggest you do a little bit of research and form your own conclusion. My evidence for it is that the universe is expanding like a balloon, and that there was a big bang.
>>
>>35186790
>However, research in loop quantum cosmology purported to show that a previously existing universe collapsed, not to the point of a singularity, but to a point before that where the quantum effects of gravity become so strongly repulsive that the universe rebounds back out, forming a new branch. Throughout this collapse and bounce, the evolution is unitary.

>Bojowald also claims that some properties of the universe that collapsed to form ours can also be determined. Some properties of the prior universe are not determinable however due to some kind of uncertainty principle.

>>>properties of the universe [before] ours can be determined
Holy fuck, get on this now, please, scientists.
>>
>>35187189

But there's also no guarantee that science will ever advance to the point of being able to answer these questions. Don't forget that blind faith in the infallibility of scientific progress is just as foolish as any other kind of blind faith.

And even if science ever reaches the point of being able to give a definite answer to how the universe was created, it will never be able to give a satisfactory answer to why the universe was created, or its purpose. If we were to discover, say, the exact physical process by which matter collected to form the universe, and say, "The universe was created because of this and this process working together to form matter in this way until the universe was born..." would it really satisfy people who ask these questions?

Unless we scientifically discover a literal creator of the universe we can point to and say, "This guy created the universe. We asked him what his purpose was in doing so and he told us that he put us here for this reason" then these questions will remain forever in the domain of religion.
>>
>>35186012
Look up the Conformal Cyclic Cosmology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conformal_cyclic_cosmology

It's actually incredibly interesting
>>
>>35186154
Did you remember to take your meds today?
>>
>>35186130
This satisfies a lot of people
http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/why-god-created-us
>>
>>35186012
>why can't we figure this out?
Well mate there's a lot still to do scientifically, theories to be made, things to be invented, I think we will eventually understand just not in our lifetime, you're talking like we should know the whole puzzle when we've barely put together any of the pieces.

>why don't more people dedicated their time to it?
Many people still live their whole lives nearly entirely isolated from science yet still interact with its creations on a daily basis, the thing is that science is not necessary for a lot of people to live their lives, on top of that they're too caught up in said lives to think of the bigger picture, humanity as a whole.

>everything has an origin and a purpose for being conceived
That's a supposition, you can't know that, maybe you could say so for human creations but with the universe we just can't know.

Be impressed with just how far a bunch of stupid animals have gotten already.
>>
>>35186012
Those are philosopical questions so considder >>/his/ instead of r9k
>>
File: IMG_1172.jpg (234KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1172.jpg
234KB, 800x563px
>>35186598
Here's your (((you))) faggot

originale
>>
File: 1486075292483.png (465KB, 813x870px) Image search: [Google]
1486075292483.png
465KB, 813x870px
The secret is that the end game has already been reached. The universe is just a playground for a bored god that has already reach the pinnacle of being, and the only way to have fun is to temporarily forget you are god and live as a ignorant mortal. Our tendency to use drugs that cause fear and hallucinations is a remnant of this thrill seeking behavior.
>>
>>35189146
I honestly believe this. Each and every one of us is the same being, that one God. It's kinda funny, really. I had the weirdest feeling when I first realized this because I realized that I was just talking to myself, as I am now.
>>
>>35186012
No one knows or can lnow what came before the singularity (yeah I know meme word). My definition it's "outside" our universe so how would we even comprehend it? It's like saying think of a universe that is infinite. Now think of it getting smaller while staying infinite. Now imagine what's surrounding it.
>>
>>35186077
Fuck off retard God exists
>>
Perhaps I'm just a brainlet, but I cannot comprehend a beginning. If there was the big bang, what as before it? Why does anything exist? How did it come to be? Perhaps God is the answer, but how did God come to be? If you replace matter with God at the beginning, you still get the same problem of 'how did this come into existence'. I think I'm reaching the point where I'm beginning to question if the universe is real. But that still leaves many questions.
>>
There is no point. There is no story.

The only thing that matters is the present moment and how you're experiencing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 500x498px
Well, I have an ongoing theory that holds up internally.

Lets ignore unknowns such as a god or a simulation, as that only pushes back the problem further.

I believe that our universe exists because it HAS to exist, and this is because of what happens when you create a "logical void."

Imagine you had the definition of nothing. Something that is indescribable, because there is nothing about it to describe. It has no dimention, no form. But that is the key. Although we have our idea of nothingness deeply rooted in the concept of emptiness, this simply isnt the case. When you have an object which has no description, it becomes every description, as having an "empty" description would be a description apon itself.

Our universe is simply one of these descriptions, among the infinate. we are parallel to universes we cant possibly hope to know of, but I feel this is the only possibility for how the universe came to be.

There wasnt just "something" in the beginning. That simply doesnt make sense. causality must hold.

The problem is in how we view the concept of something, not whether it is there.

And also, although it wouldnt matter for the logic i have described thus far, it is possible universal logic may have rules we are overlooking. for example, when you weigh dark energy against all of the mass in the universe, you get exactly nothing. flat. everything this universe is, literally amounts to nothing.

weigh that for a bit.

Then again I could be fucking insane here, as I have not found anything that has considered what I am writing.
>>
>>35189642
Sounds pretty similar to my >>35186154 theory. I like it :3

>Captcha: pneus house
>>
>>35186311
Would that AI be called God? An extra dimensional being that created everything?

And if we are evil, we don't end up making "God" so in the future instead of heaven [no suffering], we create hell?
>>
>>35187081
And then that ancient deity is in it's own world where it works a 9-5 job with other ancient deities, and those live inside a universe inside a supergod's beating heart, etc, continued forever.

I think what matters is that we're here right now and that's all we know. Our greatest minds should be pushing to find out more while the rest of us live our happy lives and don't question things. It's easier this way and all we're doing is throwing out stupid theories that are most likely wrong.
>>
>>35189301
Hi, me, it's me from another life. Wanna go leave our lives behind and go do random shit together fr the hell of it?
>>
I can't comprehend that the universe exists without reason or purpose and I also can't comprehend what that reason would possibly be

I don't think we're supposed to know
>>
File: Pale_Blue_Dot.png (526KB, 453x614px) Image search: [Google]
Pale_Blue_Dot.png
526KB, 453x614px
>>35186012
>Why was the universe even created and what came before it?
Sadly we don't know, and we never will

>What is the point of reality and time and everything? Why does it exist?
Sadly we dont know, and we never will

>Why can't we figure this out
Because the beginning of our universe was the beginning of our local time and space. We will never have more than hypothese save for a deity informing us
>>
>>35189886
Unironically and entirely sincerely, yes.
>>
>>35186046
>This isn't the real universe
It's still the most real that WE have, so the weight of this world bears on us all the same.
>>
>tfw i think about the universe and see the stars and think how pointless everything is, every failure and sad thought has no purpose. space gives me company
>>
>>35186046
>Probably
Based on what?
>>
>>35186082
That doesn't answer why, motherfricker.
>>
File: nblown.jpg (176KB, 320x320px)
nblown.jpg
176KB, 320x320px
The point? Because they cam
Why? Because they could.

When an atom splits it creates even smaller atoms called super sub parictles in every one that which creates a tiny universe. these particles are everywhere around us as nearly every actiom that required energy produced them
>>
>>35186082
My tinfoil hat wearing dad says all science is a lie fabricated by Satan to give people the impression that life has no meaning and that our existence is nothing more than a big coincidence.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.