[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, why do you play video games? Personally gaming nowadays

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

Robots, why do you play video games? Personally gaming nowadays fucking sucks and the community sucks as well.
>>
The distraction.
>>
>>35183718
Why don't you try reading a book, surely that's better than fucking video games.
>>
>>35183703
it's fun to piss off normies trying to fit in with the no lifes
>>
>>35183753
No its not its not
>>
>>35183764
Using your time being more productive is better than pissing off normies.
>>
>>35183703
the league experience
>>
>>35183792
Yes, it is. Try reading something that's for you. Video games today caters to the SJWs.
>>
>>35183753
I've probably spent a total of 1 hour of willingly reading a book within the past 4 years. Yet I've spent probably 2000+ hours playing video games.

Books are boring desu
>>
File: Huehue.jpg (4KB, 156x160px)
Huehue.jpg
4KB, 156x160px
I play Geometry Dash, Soundodger+, and Super Hexagon.
Precision and fast paced games that use music while you play.
I find them to entertain me since they are pure skill games. They force you to be great.
Also, since they make you git gud, I can have them as a achievement for myself. I can show what I have been able to do, even if the achievement is minor.
I love platformers and 100% skill based games.
Geometry Dash specifically. I have about 800 hours and I have been playing for about 3 years. The first year was just on phone tho since the game is also an app (thus why i have only 800 hours on pc)
>>
File: steam.png (694KB, 1440x898px)
steam.png
694KB, 1440x898px
I'm kind of jaded about games but I still spend a lot of time and money on them. Escaping from reality is really nice and feels really good, even if you do care about your life and try to work on yourself and your future. If you're not satisfied with the fundamentals of being, you need some way to escape and experience something else.
>>
>>35183840
League of legend is terrible. Horrible community and a lot of autism as well.
>>
>>35183895
took me some time to get past the boredom of the grind to level 30

yeah i know the community is horrible but i grew to like league so... i guess you could say it's like alcohol. it's an acquired taste
>>
File: 1487402435075.jpg (61KB, 687x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487402435075.jpg
61KB, 687x720px
>>35183703
I don't. The last video game I played in earnest was Halo 3. I can't really stand modern games, in all honesty. I don't have the patience or get any enjoyment out of them, it's a chore to actually play them.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind liking them again and going back to when I was a kid on the Playstation where I could play them non-stop, but I just can't. As well, playing games online is terrible, everybody is mean.
>>
>>35183753
>he doesn't do both
>>
>>35183938
I know that feel. Reading is much better.

t.guy who gave up on video games after mgsv
>>
>>35183703
That is why classic video game and emulator exist.
>>
>>35183981
the problem with books is that they're written by people like this
>>
>>35183703
>not engaging in the most Presidential of games: MUDs
>>
I mostly play eroges and single player rpgs. I also play pokemon, mostly because I'm good as fuck at it and have some e-friends who play pokemon too and are always online.
>>
I stopped playing Video Games that are not fighters 10 years ago.

Been playing nothing but Blazblue and Guilty Gear for the last three years and i'm pretty much going to stick to these two until the day I find no interest in playing competitively anymore.

My psuedo social lifestyle is going to tournaments. The best I can do unfortunately.
>>
>>35184024
i have no idea who this is but im going to assume he is a liberal commie sjw
>>
>>35183703
Because I like shooting people in the face, watching bodies go limp, causing dismemberment, observing the aftermath of my kills.

Idk games are addictive, it's rewarding to win, and they suck you in when you lose. I agree with what you said about the communities, they fucking suck; they're either full of spergy retards who get way too involved in a game, or faggoty little shitheads who get a rise out of people by telling them they suck or complaining about how their teams are trash and everyone they play against is retarded.
>>
>>35183703
>Personally gaming nowadays fucking sucks and the community sucks as well.

If you're a casual gamer, then yeah.
>>
>>35184134
What does a hard core gamer do?
>>
>>35184177
Wander over to /v/ and find out.
>>
>>35184226
/v/ is fucking cancerous, desu.
>>
>>35183753
books are a dated medium

movies are better at telling stories and games are more engaging and fun
>>
>>35184262
>dated medium
>movies are restricted to Hollywood standards
>triple A games are restricted to the company standers
>>
>>35183703
It's really cozy to farm bosses in Path of Exile with my girlfriend as she sits on her computer across the room.
>>
>>35183753
Books dont stimulate as well as video games.
>>
Because unlike you I'm not a bitter fuck that thinks it's cool to dislike everything.
>>
I'm a bitch for crusader kings 2, otherwise I just game socially when demanded.
>>
>>35184762
What is there to like about video games? I can see indie/niches games but not triple A games.
>>
I've pretty much stopped playing video games. Played them constantly when I was young, but I have gotten to the point where almost all games to me just seem like derivatives of other games. Thus game is a platformer? I've played like 10 different platformers already. This game is an RPG? Played 15 already.
FPS? Played 11. Hack and slash? Played 7. Strategy? 22. And so on.

I've replaced this love for video games with a love of books and learning. I sometimes think back on those days though, and enjoy the memories
>>
>>35184806
indie games are shit

there's tons of good videogames to play out there. i recently finished playing wolfeinstein: the new order and i thought it was great. one of the best if not the best fps i've ever played. the story was pretty good too.
>>
Video games basically give you the ability to do things you would otherwise not be able to do in your reality
>>
>>35184806
There's plenty to like if you're willing to be open minded. It's like people who say music today sucks, they don't actually look for new music they'd like, they just form an opinion about it without trying.
>>
>>35183703
I have only ever played single player games, so communities being shit doesn't bother me.
that being said video games are kind of in the shitter right now and I only play games released before 2010
>>
The last game that I was really eager to play was GTA V but even then GTA V was basically PC cuckold shit. Games have become shit ever since the ability to add updates came along. I'll occasionally play mobile games or download an emulator but I just don't have the drive to play vidya anymore.
>>
>>35184085
I honestly only get enjoyment from fighting games at this point. I've played quite a lot of Street Fighter, Skullgirls, and Melee at this point and I really want to get into the new KOF, but I sadly don't own a ps4.
>>
>>35183703
About once per year I sit down and play a 10/10 retro game I missed out on, that's pretty much it. Last year I beat Super Metroid, Zelda 1 before that, right now I'm playing A Link to the Past. One per year is enough, and it's free!
>>
File: Tylerpainting.jpg (34KB, 680x491px) Image search: [Google]
Tylerpainting.jpg
34KB, 680x491px
>>35184093
he wrote fight club
>>
File: REE.webm (618KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
REE.webm
618KB, 700x394px
>>35184714
>with my girlfriend as she sits on her computer across the room.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35183978
>>35184003
These. I think a mix is good.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.