[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens at modern schools if someone kills themselves?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1487342428136-r9k.jpg (515KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487342428136-r9k.jpg
515KB, 1920x1200px
What happens at modern schools if someone kills themselves?

>tfw nobody killed themselves at your school
>>
One of my classmates killed himself in 8th grade.

School assembly.
Lots of crying normies.
Counseling available.
Bullying awareness.
Kids at a funeral.

Everyone forgets in a week.
>>
Some idiot at my school basically killed himself - drove drunk and wrapped himself around a tree. No one cared. I don't think the faculty even mentioned it.
>>
Nothing really happens. Maybe 2 or 3 people are truly affected, but nothing really happens to the school. It's not a place where you belong, just a system to be shoved through until you're deemed suitable for outside life.

I remember when going to a school meant something, and they were years where you belonged to something different, with little groups of friends, clubs, societies, sports teams, but there's nothing like that anymore.
>>
>>35177730
This was back in 2005 mind you, so not THAT recent. He actually killed himself too it wasn't accidental. Hung himself with a belt.
>>
Normies crying, saying how much they miss him, how awesome he was, their favourite moments with him that are made up. Tons of Stacies crying and asking for hugs and attention from it. How they say they're gonna include everyone form now on so this never happens again, nobody should feel this way etc.
Everything goes back to normal a week later.
>>
File: 1456511488136.jpg (119KB, 429x429px) Image search: [Google]
1456511488136.jpg
119KB, 429x429px
back in like 2003/2004
>dude i was friends with a bit, otherwise he was a loner
>got cancer during primary->secondary school transition
>eventually died to it
>loads of people coming out saying he was the coolest guy etc wish they could hang out more blah blah
>a cancer charity event and a couple of assemblys later, everything back to normal.

They call us robots but the normies are the emotionless ones desu.
>>
I had a teacher kill himself my junior year. We had an assembly and counseling offered. I think a bunch of people went to the funeral, but I didn't.

My English teacher took like a week off and she had us read some papers on suicide while she was gone. Everything seemed normal when she came back though.
>>
Can't remember if anyone in my graduating class or any of the ones before killed themselves.

One girl got massively drunk when she was fourteen or fifteen. Her idiot friends tried to force-feed her tons of Tylenol so that she'd stop vomiting and feel better. She died, predictably, and the school went into a few days of mourning.

In reality, nothing changed. A few of her friends were genuinely upset, an e-mail and newsletter went out, and the school let us know that counseling was available for students who were affected.

That's it.
>>
Doesn't everyone get A's on their courses if their friend kills themselves?
>>
>>35178719
no i think thats only the case if someone dies during the finals so then everyone gets As on the final

but im not sure
>>
>>35177654
my school would shut down for the rest of the day, and the deceased would get a commemorative bench in the courtyard. but not much else would happen.
this was a pretty common occurrence. I remember during my first year the staff celebrated the first year without deaths in a long time.
>>
>>35178966
Is this an actual thing? Fuck why didn't anyone kill themselves when I was in school
>>
When i was in fifth grade one of my teachers killed his mother then himself.
>>
File: received_1239192956114888.jpg (27KB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
received_1239192956114888.jpg
27KB, 800x796px
When I was in fifth grade some girl I knew killed herself, she was in seventh. She got a page in the yearbook and we didn't have to do work for a few days.
>>
A kid died in an asthma attack during some sports practice 9th grade, but it wasn't a big event to most people because my HS had like 2000 people. A girl I knew was crying during class that day which I thought was odd considering I didn't think she knew him, but it just turns out her boyfriend broke up with her :^)
>>
>>35177730

This was exactly my experience, minus the bullying awareness. The girl was popular and it wasn't about bullying so far as I am aware.

Also, the yearbook will feature a full page black and white photo of the an hero with flowery cursive saying 'in memory of'.
>>
>>35179615

Oh, also also, there will be no mention whatsoever of the 'S' word in any of the school activities related. But everyone knows anyway.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.