[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>actually participate in a conversation I'm interested

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: fj789.jpg (89KB, 1024x1015px) Image search: [Google]
fj789.jpg
89KB, 1024x1015px
>actually participate in a conversation I'm interested in every few days
>enthusiastic and happy to share my knowledge of something obscure or relevant to the topic at hand
>usually get interrupted once or twice before I can fully spit my thought out
>I always cut myself off and patiently wait for the other person to finish, but by the time I can talk the information I have is usually irrelevant or dated in the conversation

What the fuck do I do? Do I just be an asshole and raise my voice and talk over them? I always start first, and I'm not quiet/my voice isn't super low, it just seems like no one respects me when everyone is talking

That fucking quote that says if you speak less, people will listen when you do is BULLSHIT
>>
>>35172790
What context is this anon? School or something?
>>
>>35172880
Anything

Just yesterday I was with my father getting my truck's oil changed, and because he's a gearhead he went out to talk to the guys doing it. Not wanting to be the awkward 20 something acting autistic in the corner, I man up and join them and the conversation turns to how expensive tractors have gotten (riveting) compared to how cheap they used to be back in the 70's.

I wanted to mention how Combines can easily run $1mil+ nowadays (I went on the John Deere website one time, to their create-a-combine thing where you select packages, etc, like a new car), but I got interrupted twice, once by the dipshit mechanic and once by my own father before I could say that simple sentence.
>>
>>35172940
Sounds like you can't feel out the rhythm of a conversation man. There are ques for telling when it's safe to get an entire sentence out vs just a word or two. Sometimes you have to jam a quip in there in order to steer the conversation to what you'd like to say. Sometimes you'll realize that there's no space and these people don't want a third person in there.

Good luck figuring it out, it takes a lot of practice.
>>
>>35173086
I'm autistic confirmed
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.