[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw about to graduate in March >tfw software engineering

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1481684231287.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1481684231287.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>tfw about to graduate in March
>tfw software engineering degree
>tfw brainlet but, somehow managed to pass all semesters and never failed a single course
>tfw shitty CGPA (2.3)
>tfw parents expect me to get a good job with decent pay.

Ok. help me up robots. 4 years. 4 fucking shitty years of my life I spent. But, at least I'll have a shitty degree. Now, how am I supposed to even get a good job after graduation. Can't believe it's been 4 years. Time sure flies. It just feels like my first day at Uni. And, believe me. It just exactly feels the same because I don't remember shit. I don't even have any remotely good programming skills or shit. I am so fucked. It kinda fascinates me how I am ending up getting a degree
>>
>>35170678
I mean, regardless of all else, a software engineering degree is pretty damn impressive to me, as an outsider. I bet you employers will be all over that, even if you're completely inept. Not necessarily computer companies, if you're as bad as you say you are, but I bet you you wouldn't have an even slight problem getting into a very solid company in some IT-related capacity or something in that vein.

80% of everything is perception. So long as you have the image of competence, nobody is going to know any better, especially the uninitiated in your field (which is mostly everybody).

Be thankful you don't have a joke degree. You'll be fine if you can give the illusion of competence, and sell yourself well.
>>
>>35170818
a key thing will be to sell yourself right after graduating. If you loiter about for a year or two and can't explain that to prospective employers, it's going to be difficult. Sure, you could lie and say you went traveling or whatever but that won't count for much. You'll have to have evidence that you haven't been sitting around being content with doing nothing.
>>
>>35170908
forgot:

t. someone with an employable degree but never did anything with it and now hates his completely unrelated and dead-end job.
>>
>>35170908
why is this so unacceptable I just don't get it

like traveling is fine but 'yeah I enjoyed some quality alone time' is not? everythings seems to conspire to keep men from being alone in a dark room only having their own wherewithals

why not use the fucking soft skills / experience bullshit against these fucks

>so I was collecting experience in low paid sidejobs
>so I training my soft skills with needed serious practicing
>>
>>35170678
Since you got a degree you can start teaching English in Japan/Korea (assuming you don't have a criminal record)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.