[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /ridiculously oversensitive/ here >constantly worrying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1475343792930.jpg (330KB, 1017x579px) Image search: [Google]
1475343792930.jpg
330KB, 1017x579px
Who /ridiculously oversensitive/ here

>constantly worrying and overanalyzing what people say to me and how they act around me
>look for hidden meanings in what they say or their body language or facial expressions
>interpret the tiniest thing, or even nothing at all, as some kind of slight against me
>become extremely uncomfortable at even minor criticism
>extremely nervous about anything I do and what repercussions it may have

It's exhausting

How do I relax robots
>>
Maybe it would help you care less what they think if you realized that what they think is the product of chemical reactions in their head.
>>
benzos are an effective yet horrible solution
>>
>>35153044
I used to work with a guy like that.
>unloading trucks
>he always finds issue with some regular warehouse task
>thinks our boss is being legitimately 'mean' when he banters
I say 'used to', because as of friday, they cut his hours to one shift a week at store out of town
>>
>>35153044
same here
what do we do
>>
>>35153044
Just slowly make yourself hate everyone then you stop caring
>>
>>35153132
>tfw always got offended by banter when I was a kid
>didn't realize until I was 19 that it was just banter and I was supposed to play along
>it was far too late by then
>>
File: 1484385350128.jpg (21KB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
1484385350128.jpg
21KB, 480x356px
>>35153082
I've thought about that but it doesn't change how I feel.

I don't think was always this way. It all started on my 13th birthday. My dad was really fucking angry at me for some reason. I don't even remember what I did but he was MAD.

He beat me up, screamed at me, and then he started moving all my stuff out of my room and said he was completely done with me and he was sending me to military school. He said he never wanted to see me again.

I still remember my mom crying and saying we should at least celebrate my birthday, and my dad yelling "THERE IS NOTHING TO CELEBRATE."

Eventually we made up and he didn't send to military school but I've never felt the same since then. I'm always terrified of anything I say or do amd what repercussions it may have. Even the smallest, most insignificant things.
>>
>>35153044
what are the consequences of criticism or someone disliking you and what kinds of repercussions might your actions have?.
>>
>>35153249
I don't know anon but read this. >>35153239
I think this is where it all started.
>>
File: 1485292576841.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485292576841.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>35153203
>guys at work banter with me on the first
>too shy and autistic to banter back
>second day
>realize it's just friendly banter and I can do it too
>they get offended and tell me I took it way too far and start calling me "crazy white boy"
>afraid I'll get in trouble
>>
>bpd
>ex bf says "love you" instead of "i love you" once
>have a mental breakdown that lasts the entire day
>>
>>35153702
Fuck off cunt. This board is for men with actual problems not "waaahhhh I haven't had sex in two days"
>>
>>35153154
But anon I depend on my parents to survive.

Even if I ever manage to become independent and live on my own (not likely) I still will be dependent on what my boss thinks of me, what my coworkers think, etc.
>>
>>35153386
>they get offended and tell me I took it way too far

I hate that shit, happens all the time
>>
I don't want to sound like an asshole who is holier than thou, but I've felt much of the same as you, and I found its something that slowly fades as you get older. Like past 19/20/21. I'm 25 now and I don't give a damn about what anybody thinks of me. Barring my Mom. And I used to stay up at night sweating in bed over trivial interactions I had during the day.

Give it time man. You'll more than likely see it sorts itself out.

How old are you?
>>
File: worries.png (30KB, 808x473px) Image search: [Google]
worries.png
30KB, 808x473px
OP I know the feel
I keep a constantly updated spreadsheet with all the things I have done that could still have ramifications for me (there are things on there from 2014 and 2015 but mostly the last few days, I remove things as I stop worrying)

Its ruining my life. 50% of my spare time is spent in a state of panic
>>
>>35154170
2017 doesn't seem to be your year so far, boyo
>>
>>35154043
Seconding this. Just in the past couple years I've stopped caring what people think a lot. Give it some time
>>
>>35153044
Yep thats me pretty much.
>>
>>35154170

hopefully, one day, you'll leave your house and childhood behind and have the opportunity to grow and become your own individual, to exist by yourself and for yourself instead of an emotional extension of your family. it seems that's what your internal identity is - a liability to your family.

i grew up in a controlling and sometimes abusive household. i don't think things were nearly as bad for me as they seem to be for you, absolutely fixated on how you are damaging your family as if you don't have any of your own needs

sounds like you probably had narcissistic/abusive/self-centered parents yourself. my advice would be to get the hell out of there ASAP
>>
File: Laughing-Cheetahs.jpg (280KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Cheetahs.jpg
280KB, 1100x733px
>>35154170
>this fucking spreadsheet

Well done anon
>>
File: 1478663275242.png (7KB, 339x348px) Image search: [Google]
1478663275242.png
7KB, 339x348px
>>35154170
>smashed little brother in face with shoe
>>
>>35154043
>How old are you?

I haven't seen any signs of it getting better desu anon. Are you sure
>>
>>35154170
How did we get from
>had gay sex with gigolo
To
>ate chocolate shortly before dinner
>>
>>35154792
I think the point is that everything, from big things to even the smallest things, can make us extremely anxious.

I can relate to the one about getting up at 3 am and worrying what my parents think. I worry that they are suspicious of my every move.
>>
>>35154170
i hope you're making a positive list too good anon
>>
>>35153239
Holy shit what the fuck did you do?
>>
>>35153044
I miss it.
In university I realized literally nobody cared about me at all.

Now I'd rather people picked on me like in school than continued ignoring me. It's maddening to be alone in a crowd, even more maddening than that dickhead kid in everyone's class who'd throw pencils at the back of people's heads
>>
>>35153952
>>35153386
>>35153203

This is why I NEVER banter back. Especially at work, there's way too much risk involved. On top of that, they're all a bunch of over-the-top leftist female liberal normie cunts. So literally anything I say, no matter how mild to seems to me, can offend them.
>>
>>35154941
This x100, I'd much rather be bullied again than be ignored. I literally envy kids who are bullied. At least the bully acknowledges your existence.
>>
>>35154957
>On top of that, they're all a bunch of over-the-top leftist female liberal normie cunts.

Sounds like you have a normie job anon.

Robots work shit jobs in factories amd warehouses. I'm constantly surrounded by niggers laughing at me and making fun of me.
>>
>>35155094
>tfw when graphic designer at a college

Yeah, that sounds just about right.
>>
>>35154905
I don't really remember. I think what happened was we went to church (my birthday was on a sunday) and my dad was mad at me for dressing sloppily because I think my shirt was wrinkled or something. That really set him off. When we got home from church is when it all went down.
>>
>>35154957
But when you don't banter they think you're a creepy weirdo because normies hate quiet people.
>>
>>35155165
And you're mom was gonna let him send you to military school because of that?

Do you still talk to your father?
>>
>>35155330
My dad makes the decisions, not my mom.

>Do you still talk to your father?
Yeah. I still live with them because I'm a NEET at the moment. Things have gotten better between us but our relationship is still strained and I still feel very uncomfortable around him, walking on eggshells because I don't want him to get mad.

He took me to a homeless shelter once, made me pack up my stuff and everything, but when we got there he caved and let me come back home.
>>
>>35153736
i get what you're saying m8 but how can we get a females perspective if they are told to fuck off everytime they post?
>>
>>35155607
Why do we need a female perspective here? We can go to normiebook or whatever if we want that.

They are contaminating our board.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.