[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> friend messages me > want to talk to him > don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: wojak241.png (18KB, 311x355px) Image search: [Google]
wojak241.png
18KB, 311x355px
> friend messages me
> want to talk to him
> don't know how to keep a conversation going
> reply with short sentences
> he thinks I'm not interested and slowly stops
> I'm actually desperate for a conversation and would be happy with just reading what he has to say all day
Anyone else like this?
>>
>Anyone else like this?
Yes

>Talking to a guy I barely know but I would like to know
>he starts talking to me
>I don't know what to respond
>Say barely anything
>awkward silence
>He's gone
>>
>>35149257
That's why I hate one on one chats
>>
>so autistic that i cant hold a conversation for longer than 5 minutes without sperging
>tfw i will always bore people or freak them out
>i just prefer to listen
>love listening to certain people talk
>perpetually watch quietly as my favorite conversational partners get bored with me or realize i'm retarded and leave
>>
>>35149171

That's something you can learn, it's not even that hard. If you don't have anything to say, ask a question, ideally one related to what the other person was saying.

When someone says how are you, you don't just say good, you ask them how they are too. Just take what they said as a lead and work from there.
>>
>>35149171
why should he have to say everything? learn to talk
>>
My co-worker straight up asked if I hate people because I don't talk much. He gave me some tips on how to act in conversation.
I don't talk much in person because I don't think anyone cares about what I have to say and I don't want to bother anyone. Apparently this makes people feel like I hate them.
>>
File: 1367606875430.gif (195KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1367606875430.gif
195KB, 500x281px
>>35149171
You have to raise the spectre of something that he might want to talk about. Some good advice is that, despite what robots think, normies don't get much of a chance to talk about themselves, their wants, passions and needs. It's actually a breath of fresh air when someone asks what somebody thinks about something, because nobody ever enquires anymore.

Just ask him what his opinion is on something recent. It'd demonstrate that you give a shit about his opinions, strengthening your friendship. If it's something that you don't tend to do because you're autistic then it'll be even more significant and it'd be a good indicator to him that you give a shit about your friendship.
>>
you just be yourself and chat to him like he cares what you have to say, just be chill and they can appreciate that. if not then tone it down ,but the biggest problem is overthinking before and after the text.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.