[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got into the argument with a normie co-worker by claiming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (9KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 228x221px
>got into the argument with a normie co-worker by claiming that happiness is impossible because the knowledge of inevitable death undermines any lasting effect of any human activity and kills the motivation
>his response is typical dude brah you have to live in the moment just b urself XD
How the fuck do I live in the moment? How do I NOT know that at some point my health will go shit, that I will get some fucking ass cancer and waddle through the days in pain and senility until death finally comes to grab me?
>>
>>35148369
Just don't get old bro. They say only kids put ketchup on their hot dogs, so just keep doing that and you'll be okay and never grow old
>>
>>35148384
>Breaking news, a 30yr old man has broken into a local toys r us and refuses to come out
>He's taunting officers with shouts of 'I DON'T WANNA GROW UP, I'M A TOYS R US KID!'
>>
>>35148455
breaking news I'm a gay faggot
>>
You sound like a fucking autistic limpwristed faggot. The whole reason people choose to be happy is because it beats out spending the time you have on Earth being a miserable prick like you have apparently chosen to be.
>>
>>35148369
Well OP, desu what he said is less retarded than what you said, even if it was a pretty brodude response. No. Happiness isn't impossible. That you would try arguing against that shows how mind numbingly stupid you are, no matter how smart you try to phrase your opinion.
>>
>>35148369
>knowledge of inevitable death undermines any lasting effect of any human activity and kills the motivation

The key is in one word you typed:

>inevitable

It is completely out of your control, so you have to remove it from consideration when making plans, and evaluating how things are going.

Don't fixate on things over which you have no control.
>>
He's right though. There's no strict relation between knowing that you're going to die and being able to be happy. Death is just another universal truth, like gravity. Why would death stop you from being happy? Does gravity prevent you from being happy?

Normie cowork: 1
Robut: 0
>>
File: 1487355178779.png (152KB, 422x307px) Image search: [Google]
1487355178779.png
152KB, 422x307px
>>35148369
>The fact that the sweet release of death is inevitable doesn't make him happy
>>
File: IMG_5956.jpg (50KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5956.jpg
50KB, 210x240px
>>35148369
>talking to normies to begin with
Faggot

But to answer your question, he's right. See, you've gotta look at it this way. The fact that nothing is permanent in this world isn't an excuse to give up and lose motiviation. It should be the complete opposite. I'm that more motivated because I acknowledge that this is the one and only life I'm ever going to get. You've gotta live life to the fullest, OP. Live like LARRY.
>>
>>35148369
>edgy nihilist brainlet btfo by intellectual, well-adjusted stoic
>>
>>35148593
>>35148605
Why the fuck would inevitable nature of death suddenly make it okay?
And if it magically does, who draws the line anyway?
Say, I inform you that you have 5 days left to live - does it make you miserable? I bet it does.
What if the number is a 100 days - still miserable? Most probably are.
So where's that line where "fuck i'm too young to die" becomes "who cares its inevitable lol"?
>>
>>35148369
>got into the argument with a normie co-worker by claiming that happiness is impossible because the knowledge of inevitable death undermines any lasting effect of any human activity and kills the motivation

DESU you get out of that attitude by the time you're 16
>>
>>35148369
>happiness is impossible because i say so, even though other people have achieved it
a u t i s m
>>
>>35148369
The good thing about death being inevitable is that it kills whiney faggots like you.
>>
>>35148713
Good post. Edgy nihilists usually have very low EQ.
>>
>>35148369
There are things in life to enjoy before you die.

You can enjoy playing video games or watching anime knowing that eventually you'll have to go to work the next day. Why can't you enjoy life knowing that you'll have to die one day?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.