[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could change how your parents raised you, what would

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: not an argument.jpg (210KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
not an argument.jpg
210KB, 800x533px
If you could change how your parents raised you, what would you do differently?
>>
I would actually make them love me...

;c
>>
Stay together.
>>
Wouldn't have had them trying to force me into STEM by throwing away all of my childhood writings and drawings. Wouldn't have had them give me a cheap toy ukelele after expression a desire to learn the guitar and then tell me that I was too irresponsible and untalented after I broke one of the cheap plastic strings trying to play it.
>>
I'd have them be more open and honest and not make everything a taboo issue
>>
>>35142073
I'd like it if my mom didn't tell me that my brother was better than me even though he savagely beat me and molested me as a small child even though I worked, had girlfriends, and went to college while he sat in his room getting neet bux

Actually no. Adoption.
>>
not to be lazy/passive in my early teens with parenting and teach me some discipline so i wouldn't be so goddamn lazy
>>
Make them less protective to the point of contol freak and force me to do more sport so that i'm not a beta insecure faggot
>>
>>35142111
what were her reasons, if any, to say your brother is better than you??
>>
>>35142128
No clue she's just crazy and fucking hates me. The only time I hear from her she's knocking my door down with a miserable pissed off face and she just says something in a snarky tone that's really mean and she insults me all the fucking time. I went on vacation one time and she screamed at me the whole time hit me and made our host hate me and ruined me going to see the ocean which sucks because I'm 24 and never saw the ocean before and never will
>>
Don't spawn me to begin with...
>>
>>35142073
Does not smoking count? I have some serious health problems related to my moms smoking. Also I wish I was allowed to program as a kid. My mom thought I would accidebtly destroy the computer if I learned coding. Other than that maybe I should've learned an instrument
>>
>>35142073
Actually put effort into raising me into a functional adult instead of just feeding me and keeping me alive, ending up with a 22 year old manchild who can't cook, clean, change a tire or pay taxes.
But then, we can't blame all our short comings on our parents.
>>
make me more cruel and remove empathy from my upbringing
>>
i woulda said yes to braces.
having fucked up teeth has ruined my confidence and any chance at a GF or having sex with an actual attractive woman.
>>
>>35142073
I'd have my dad not pound me into my race car bed every night. Also i'd want a bunk bed instead because it'd be harder for him to punish my sphincter if I slept on the top bunk.
>>
File: 1434478495939.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1434478495939.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
My parents were both too lenient. They never made me do anything. I think they both felt bad because their divorce was hard on me.

Was never forced to get a job in high school. Was never forced to get my license. Meals were always cooked for me so never bothered to learn how to cook. I was (and still am) a lazy piece of shit and they both enabled me
>>
I would gladly intervene with my parents meeting in the first place. Would be at least interesting to fade away back to the future style wondering if my mom ever will kick drugs for some other, better reason than to have me.
>>
File: TrumpsAmerica.png (806KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpsAmerica.png
806KB, 1001x823px
1. My dad stayed home, losing a masculine role model in my life made me a pussy for much of my youth life. Managed to sort that out now though.

2. Parents with good money management, We had money but terrible budgeting so I was always strapped for cash.

3. More interaction. I was always just left up to my own devices so my mom was never really that engaging.

4. Love. I always wanted an overly attached mom to love me, and a protective father to teach me about the world.
>>
>>35142073
STOP LETTING ME EAT WHATEVER I WANT HOLY SHIT DON'T YOU SEE I'M A 200LBS 13 YO
>>
I wish I never played a video game and instead was made to take a real hobby or sport
>>
>>35142073
My Dad worked his ass of 24/7 and when he is at home he barely talks and watches TV, he kinda deserved this tho, because he is a hard worker, but he never teached me to be "manly".
My Brother is a sick sociopath who beat me and scream at me, I hope he died cruel one day so I can piss on his grave.

So what I would do if I were my dad?
- being a hard worker too, but would go camping with my son on holidays and teach him how to be manly
- aborted my Brother or stick him in a Orphanage because this dumb piece of shit destroyed my whole self awareness in puberty
>>
Have my father actually teach me things and give me words of encouragement instead of the only time him interacting with me is to call me stupid and tell me to fix my grades.
>>
File: 1440027067889.jpg (57KB, 640x480px)
1440027067889.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
i'd have my dad not molest me
>>
Force myself to be social as a child, so that I wouldn't grow into this socially retarded sperg I am today.
>>
File: 1488121601365.jpg (49KB, 447x723px) Image search: [Google]
1488121601365.jpg
49KB, 447x723px
Make my parents not baby me to such a huge extent

I wasn't allowed to hang out with any kids from my school unless my parents knew and were on good terms with them. My parents were also new to the area and didnt know anyone except from their office jobs, so they essentially forced me to become a recluse. I snuck out once to play videogames with some kid from my class in middle school. My mom got home early from shopping and proceeded to call the cops and they sold my Gamecube and all the games.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.