[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me some r9kino films that make me depressed or melancholic,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: lifeaquatic.png (295KB, 502x358px) Image search: [Google]
lifeaquatic.png
295KB, 502x358px
Recommend me some r9kino films that make me depressed or melancholic, because that's the only emotion that I can still feel with any strength, and I've come to enjoy it
>>
File: p5942_p_v8_ad[1].jpg (356KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p5942_p_v8_ad[1].jpg
356KB, 960x1440px
pic related will make you depressed
>>
Girl, interrupted
Mental hospital movie for you
>>
>>35136680
Life Aquatic isn't very depressing IIRC.
>>
File: Cinema-Paradiso-Poster.jpg (1MB, 2014x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Cinema-Paradiso-Poster.jpg
1MB, 2014x3000px
>>35136680
Watched it five years ago on my birthday late at night. At one point, I burst into tears, and cried non-stop for the last thirty or so minutes of the film.

If you're a failure who feels like they've done nothing with their life but waste time, this movie should be for you.
>>
>>35137124
Great film anon. I also burst into tears at a couple of times in this film but I can't remember why and where. I think maybe the rain kissing scene but I have no idea why that made me cry
>>
File: Garage_poster_lg.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Garage_poster_lg.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
If there exists a robot film, it's this. Very bleak and lonely, nothing uplifting about it.
>>
The royal tenembaums is another good Wes Anderson film for depression.

Also give chungking station a watch. Its a Hong Kong film about loneliness in a big city. Great little film

Lost in translation a watch as well. Its a nice comfy film.
>>
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Her

Ex Machina

Hmmm what else
>>
>>35136680

Adaptation was pretty much perfect.

Also Nick Cage plays two versions of himself - a robot version and a normie version.

Which is quite insightful and entertaining.
>>
Ever see The Green Mile?
>>
>>35137804
>Adaptation was pretty much perfect.

Another good Nick Cage one is Bringing Out the Dead. Love that one.
>>
melancholia

lars von triers only good movie.
>>
Lonesome Jim is a really melancholic movie, directed by Steve Buscemi with a really good cast
>>
Dear Zachary

You will come out of it hating women
>>
>>35136938

For a raunch comedy, this was actually a good movie. The ending shocked me in its unapologetic frankness and honesty.
>>
>>35137951
>Dear Zachary
>tfw my name is Zachary and I never met my father
I'm not going to watch that though.
>>
Your Name anime movie
>>
>>35137785
absolutely agree for royal tenembaums. the needle in the hay scene hits HARD

personally i'd say synecdoche new york is a great robot film. guy gets mistreated by women and his problems are misunderstood and brushed over for the duration. its my favourite movie
>>
>>35137951
dear zachary fucked me up and made me angry

10/10 would reccomend
>>
>>35138404

>synecdoche new york is a great robot film

I really want to watch this. I remember Roger Ebert really talking it up and Phillip Hoffman was my favorite (I'm a little biased since he's from hometown).
>>
>>35138486
I love it. the first time i saw it i hated it, and considered it pretentious garbage. I then watched it again, and realised how fantastic it is. youve got to really get invested in it though, you cant just sit back and watch, you've gotta really look and think about what youre seeing. its a GREAT movie.
>>
>>35138663

Well I'm sold. I love films with an attention to detail. I'll check it out this week, anon.
>>
>>35137828
i guess lars did a great job of making me want to kill everybody involved with this movie
>>
File: 20170225_211158.png (1MB, 1202x934px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_211158.png
1MB, 1202x934px
>>35136680
the brave littld toaster. im not watching it just listening to it playing in the backround while i lurk until i fall asleep. you should watch it tho if you can.
>>
Going on with you pic, OP, Moonrise Kingdom is my favorite film but makes me feel so fucking depressed with every watch. Reminds me of childhood, which I'll never have again, young love, which I never experienced, and adventure, when I'm a fucking loser shut-in.
Too personal?
>>
>>35138373
My favorite animated film
>>
File: 23436576345234523.jpg (48KB, 400x570px) Image search: [Google]
23436576345234523.jpg
48KB, 400x570px
Real movie.
>>
>>35138404
>>35138486
>>35138663
>>35138732
Finally someone talks about Synecdoche, New York before me in one of these threads.
It's my favourite movie of all time so far.
The beauty of it is that you will get something different out of it every watch. I watched it over 10 times so far but I can still enjoy it. The end is still destroying me on new levels every time.
I know I'm just gushing about the film by now but I love it, PHS was the perfect choice as Caden and Charlie Kaufmann's version of a 'Horror' movie is a real masterpiece about the human condition.

Also One Hour Photo is really good. Robin Williams in a role that isn't comedic let's him really show his talent.
>>
>>35136938
>"see it or be it"
>The Last American Virgin

why not both I guess.
>>
File: Stalingrad_film.jpg (52KB, 325x475px) Image search: [Google]
Stalingrad_film.jpg
52KB, 325x475px
feelsbrutalman
>>
>>35140768
i had a bad time watching this film. i yawned a lot and it's just not entertaining at all. idk if i would watch this film again.

i like a lot of 'bad films' for weird reasons like 'it has the atmosphere i wish i could be in', or 'i wish i could be that guy', or 'i like new york and i like watching new york life', etc etc. i wish i can objectively like something though.

i understand the appeal of synecdoche new york but idk it just doesn't make me want to rewatch.
>>
Watch the chumscrubber. Its about dealing with a friends suicide while strange shit happens. It will make you cry if you can relate.
>>
>>35138373
How the fuck is that a robot film?
It is good, but both characters are fucking normies
>>
Chumscrubber has Rory Culkin in it
>>
Your Name

best movie of 2016 was an anime
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.