[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>26 >mechanic >missing sacrum on lumbar L5 in my spine

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1472789505322.png (465KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
1472789505322.png
465KB, 680x762px
>26
>mechanic
>missing sacrum on lumbar L5 in my spine
>constant pain in lower back
>pain spreads into upper back on occasion, and often speads into legs
>gets worse every year
>just finished my ASE master technician certification and am getting paid well finally
>just in time to be in constant agony
>start taking kratom for the pain, get addicted to kratom
>10 days of withdrawal are over, back to normal, have to be extremely careful with pain killers now

>so tired of the agony and all my work to go into a job I may have to quit soon

Really just want to fucking kill myself. I have some people to live for who would be devastated but I'm just so done with this shit. End me.
>>
>>35130522
>sacrum
why did you even get started on a career path like that if you're a physical disaster?

When did you start your tech education? How long does it tacke to become a master tech? How much do you make per hour as a master tech?
>>
>>35130522
>Sacrum is a bone .. that forms by the fusing of sacral vertebrae S1?S5, between 18 and 30 years of age.

>tfw my S-vertebrae are PERMANENETLY FUSING at the fat-neckbear-computer-chair position

oh shit
>>
>>35130522
>get addicted to kratom

Maybe try paying for some doctor to fix your broke ass spine.
>>
>>35130522
You already fucked up by pushing it.
You need a desk job or you'll fucking die. In 40 years worth of extruciating pain and poverty.
>>
>>35130970
Started on the career path before the signs started showing up. I was halfway done with my master by the time it started being an issue. So I finished and continued working and here I am. Started in 2011, finished in early 2016. Usually takes 3-5 years. Im making $21/hour, max pay in the auto dealership industry is around 30/hour but it flat rate hours so you can make more hours than you work.

>>35131162
Surgery isn't an option yet, the doctors say its not bad enough to warrant a 50/50 risk of making it worse.
>>
>>35131285
Oddly enough, sitting down for long periods of time makes it hurt worse.

Being up and moving feels a lot better. So I don't know what to do.
>>
>>35131377
I'd go to a different doctor, man. You'll find someone who is willing to fix you up. I had to have a serious operation done last year and my insurance wanted to delay it. After a few calls I had it done within a month and am already healed again.

There's someone out there who is competent and will do it, you just have to call around. I don't know if you have insurance though.
>>
whats kratom like op?
>>
>>35131377
>50/50 of making it worse
From what you've said it sounds like it will continue to get worse unless something is done about it, you should seriously consider surgery but also keep in mind that if it doesn't work and it makes your spine worse, it'll be much harder for you to work. You're in a shitty situation but there's no harm in doing as much research as possible about potential treatment plans and trying to find a doctor who might be better than your current one.
>>
>>35131517
Don't give out bad advice. His spine will get worse no matter what, surgery will only accelerate the downfall. That's why it's a last resort, it might fuck him up real good, so he might as well wait until he has no choice.

The later on you get fucked up the better it is.
You don't want to lose all mobility by 27
>>
>>35131435
Ill be out for 6 months though, and Im proposing to my girlfriend soon. I just don't know what to do, everything feels like its falling apart. Doctors say I can have surgery if I want it but there's only a 50/50 shot because its a very critical area of the spine. I have insurance.

>>35131472
Amazing. Pretty much exactly like opiates.
>>
>>35131580
pills?

how much do u need?

explain the feels please
considering. ty
>>
>>35131580
Hey, everything isn't falling apart, anon! You've got a girlfriend and a neat job and insurance. The doctors had to take a nice chunk of me out and there was some risk.

I saw it as either things could suck forever and probably eventually need a kind of risky bit of surgery or just get it done. At least if it is botched you can maybe get a lawsuit out of it and it's not like there won't be NEETbux for it too. Things will probably be OK if you survey the local guys who can do it and find someone who seems competent and trustworthy.

The scariest part for me by far is general anesthesia. 1000% ohgodfuckno.
>>
File: 1486639768075.jpg (91KB, 938x512px) Image search: [Google]
1486639768075.jpg
91KB, 938x512px
>>35131647
Forgot to post this happy image.
>>
Hold on op. Robobodies are just around the corner.
>>
>>35131647
Thanks anon. I appreciate it. Ive been to lots of doctors and all have said the same thing. 50/50 chance, wait till its worse. I don't want to sue anybody and I love my job.
Oh well though.

>>35131596
I get the powdered leaf from moodandmind.com. Bali and Green Malaysian are the best. BE FUCKING CAREFUL. It is so subtly addicting and after just two weeks of daily use you will be going through withdrawal when you stop. That shit is no fun. I had the strength to stick it through the withdrawal to the other side. Not everybody is though.
>>
I sometimes get images of shooting myself but am always wtf? Not as long as more beer to defeat or I haven't been kilt in vehicle accident or something
>>
>>35131596
Half a teaspoon is stimulating. One teaspoon feels nice and relaxed. 1.5 - 2 teaspoons is enough to be riding high on the opiate receptor vibrations. 3 - 4 teaspoons and you'll nod like a true junkie.
>>
>>35131766
Maybe work at your job for a few years and get your position really stable there then see if your work will let you take time off to get the surgery.

A surgery that might hurt you worse on top of getting engaged and shit is 2x stressful. One thing at a time. At least working for a little while first will let you put some cash away in case it takes longer to heal than you think.

And don't think of it as suing somebody. If a guy botches the job he should be held accountable for his error.
>>
Certainly not something I'd plan to do
>>
>>35131853
And remember, you can always have another surgery. The sky is the limit.
>>
I wonder if i have the same thing as you. I have never seen a doctor for it but I have discomfort in my lower back especially when I lie down. It feels like weight that should be supported by my butt is being placed on my lower back bones instead. Started becoming an issue when i sat in my car hours a day for a long commute. I work as an electrician so hopefully I'm not fucked at 27 years old
>>
>>35132016
Tripping now.
Dude get xrays. That's exactly what mine feels like. Long drives suck. Which sucks because I love road trips.
>>
>>35132016
Maybe some exercises are in order. My back has been bothering me this winter because all I do is sit around. Summer I was fine because of yard work and the like.
>>
>>35132098
shit. it doesn't hurt that bad its more just discomfort or pressure. still it got bad enough that i could only get comfortable sleeping on an air mattress.
>>
>>35132102
I do daily core exercises to help keep my back stable. They help big time.

The thing that is really infuriating is how the useless dregs of society get their entire life paid for by the government but for a working citizen who pays a fifth of his income in taxes? Nope, no help recovering from surgery just to keep your mortgage afloat.

Or am I wrong? Is there some loop hole where I could get government assistance while recovering?
>>
>>35132250
Sounds like the early stages of my symptoms, around 5 years ago. Man, you really need to get checked. And start doing everything you can now to keep your back in order.
>>
>>35131842
I think about offing myself everyday. But family and girlfriend and all that.

If I was going to do it, I'd shoot up with heroin and fly my corvette off the highway att 180 mph with airbags disabled.
>>
>>35132327
ok i will go to a doctor. Do i need a referral to see an orthopedist? Can a chiropractor help at all? Any other tips? Will sleeping on an air mattress make it worse in the long run?
>>
Chiro certainly worth a try, surgery way scary
>>
>>35132447
I would recommend going to see a chiropractor first. Thats where I started. They can tell you initially whats going on. I don't know about an air mattress honestly but the doctor should know. Don't know about referrals to an orthopedist.

I started at a chiropractor, then went to a surgeon and had him review my case. He said I wasn't bad enough yet. Then he referred me to a pain management doctor to prescribe me pain killers (although kratom is still legal for now and just a few mouse clicks away).

Just out of curiosity where do you live?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.