[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vagans/Vegetarians. What were the major health related changes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

Vagans/Vegetarians.

What were the major health related changes you noticed after going into your diets?

Thinking of giving this shit a try. The most important benefit I've heard is that the boners you get become diamond hard. Is this true?
>>
>>35125018
Nothing changed, because I was nine years old and already ate vegetables every day because my parents were responsible adults.

A vegan diet fixed my bf's erectile dysfunction. Focus on whole plant foods, not shit like mock tendies, if you want to do it right.
>>
>>35125136
How does one do it right?

Can you please provide directions to some person or book?

Bonus question:
How easy it is to get 160 grams of protein per day on such a diet?
>>
>>35125259
You probably don't utilize that much protein, but there's cheap plant protein isolates if you want to damage your kidneys.

http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/12/dr-gregers-2011-optimum-nutrition-recommendations/

http://veganhealth.org/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nutritionfacts.dailydozen&hl=en

Watch some "what I eat in a day" videos on vegan youtube.

I often get around 70 grams of protein a day on my twink diet, just eating whole foods.
>>
>>35125018
>the normie diet
True robots eat pure junk food.
>>
>>35125436
The vast majority of people are not vegan. Most people (at least most estadounidenses) eat mostly junk food. It is objectively not normie to be vegan. And it's possible to be a shitty junk food vegan who still gets heart disease.
>>
>>35125436
this. Are normies invading our diet safe space now too?
>>
>>35125259
>>35125411
When I used to eat like shit and supplement brotein to compensate for a dinner of cookies, I'd get a custom blend of plant stuff from truenutrition.com for $4/lb. I'd avoid soy, just because the oil is removed using hexane. Even if completely benign, it's icky. The estrogen shit you hear is bullshit as far as sane quantities go. There's way more estrogen in milk, as a natural occurring growth hormone, that makes cows grow fast. Because it's growth formula. For infant cows.
>>
>>35125504
This board has no set topic, snowflake.
>>
>>35125411
Thanks for the references.

Will be lifting weights while doing this. More than 70 grams will be needed.

>if you want to damage your kidneys
Care to spare any references to that statement. Did a quick study and found nothing wrong with high protein consumption in relation to the kidneys.
Study:
http://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-2-25

>While protein restriction may be appropriate for treatment of existing kidney disease, we find no significant evidence for a detrimental effect of high protein intakes on kidney function in healthy persons after centuries of a high protein Western diet.
>>
>>35125018
Fuuuuck I want falafel now, thanks OP
>>
Biggest benefit I got from going vegan was roughly 99% reduction in stomach pain.

I used to get stomach aches almost every day. After cutting out dairy I almost never get them.
>>
>>35125018

I went Vegetarian for 2 years because of gf

nothing, people can only stick with it because they were already picky eaters

vegetrains eat fried crap and pasta breads and snacks and claim they are healthier because the skipped a slap of protein on their plate
>>
>>35125494
But it's trendy.
Who goes vegan?
Some hipster faggot or cunt trying to be special, making a societal/cultural/political statement, or some other bullshit I can't think of.
>>
I need to get off sugar. Leeches calcium and magnesium from bones.
Eating slaughtered animals makes you fearful due to emotional tramsference.
Bigu is abstinence from the 5 grains which makes the body and soul stink.
Drink urine for supreme understanding of the cosmos, inner and outer.

Faggot fad hipsters. Time to make a rape gang and raid those yoga gyms.
>>
>>35125680
Well that's what fucking happens if you're lactose intolerant you retard
>>
>>35125018
>What were the major health related changes you noticed after going into your diets?
normie leave
>>
File: cheap.jpg (13KB, 207x303px) Image search: [Google]
cheap.jpg
13KB, 207x303px
>>35125591
This Pea protein thing is cheap. Thanks

>The estrogen shit you hear is bullshit as far as sane quantities go.

What would you consider sane quantities?
is 150 grams too much? 100?
>>
>>35125667
160 may be reasonable if you're lifting. On a 2000 calorie diet, that's 32% of calories as protein, so you'd need some isolates to get that much.

Forgot to mention cronometer. It's very useful. I don't use it every day, just for figuring out habits. Intuitive eating + weighing myself is way easier and more sustainable than measuring and counting shit all day.

I get most of my calcium from 1/4 cup chia (cheap at Costco, mom has membership), a tablespoon double strength blackstrap molasses, and a pound or so of green stuff, usually frozen Brussels sprouts or broccoli, because they're $1 and $1.50
>>
File: joe rogan jones.png (1MB, 985x914px) Image search: [Google]
joe rogan jones.png
1MB, 985x914px
>>35125728
>Eating slaughtered animals makes you fearful due to emotional tramsference.
>>
>>35125717
Besides animal shit, I'm the least picky eater I know. There's not a single vegetable I don't enjoy. Lacto-ovo vegetarians tend to be picky tho.
>>
>>35125794

No need for the shitty attitude brah. Just sharing my experience.

Other benefit--lost a lot of fat.
>>
>>35125018
Started, burping a lot but that turned out to be irritable bowel syndrome, not sure it's related but it started around the time I went veggie..

If you aren't smart then you can become sick easily and feel run down most of the time but again, not sure if it's related to me being vegetarian.

>>Vegitarian for 2 years.
>>
>>35125797
I graduated to Normie?

Where's the normie gf dispenser? I'm sure they have one. Right?
>>
>>35125436
this shit will kill me
>>
>>35125825
>I get most of my calcium from 1/4 cup chia (cheap at Costco, mom has membership), a tablespoon double strength blackstrap molasses, and a pound or so of green stuff, usually frozen Brussels sprouts or broccoli, because they're $1 and $1.50

This stuff is gold. Thanks.
>>
File: 1462023591898.jpg (335KB, 1094x821px) Image search: [Google]
1462023591898.jpg
335KB, 1094x821px
I don't think I could be vegan, and I don't see much of the point.

I'm actually pretty close to being vegetarian though, currently. I don't eat a ton of meat, aside from fish. I have to eat eggs, though.
>>
>>35125436
>implying all normies have one type of diet
>>
>>35125802
There's one case of a diabetic experienced erectile dysfunction while eating the equivalent of 12 packages of tofu each day. There's various "phytoestrogens" in all sorts of foods. They do very little to nothing, and often have the opposite effect of actual estrogen. It's complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfoaXYle3k&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_UdM0RedwI

Check that your protein has a good amino acid profile. Cronometer can tell you that. You may want a mix. Every whole food contains *some* of each essential amino acid, just not always in ideal ratios. Rice protein is a common compliment to pea protein.

Also look at what other bodybuilders are doing. Some aren't taking isolates at all and just have a bunch of beans with their grain and veg, like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7Sw6o7Dnw&feature=youtu.be

Depends how big you are, how big you're trying to get, and how much you're burning. Endurance athletes need a much lesser proportion of protein than strength athletes.
>>
>>35125950
Plantation is the brand of molasses I get. Double the mineral content of the next best I've seen, and tastes like it. You can also get calcium carbonate dirt cheap, but that stuff can absorb into the bloodstream too fast and increase the risk of heart attacks. Many vegans just drink expensive bean or nut water with the stuff already added. I skip that bullshit.
>>
>>35125973
>I don't see much of the point.

Is making your dick harder than ever an incentive enough?
>>
>>35125880
You still need protein anon. I hope you're at least eating peanut butter and eggs or something. Not too many vegans are those superhuman Arnold Schwarzeneggers they constantly make themselves out to be.
>>
>>35125018
>What were the major health related changes you noticed after going into your diets?
Lost fat, blood pressure became consistently good. Gained lean muscle in place of fat. But it was more than just going vegetarian, I eat a lot healthier in general. No more fast food, snack foods, soda, etc.

The only downside is that people either accuse me of being gay, or go on some retarded tangent about how God created animals to be consumed. I don't care what anyone else eats, but people (i.e. Americans) sure are eager to give me unsolicited opinions about my dietary choices.
>>
>>35126074
i've never seen anyone claim that veganism gives you better boners. In fact i've seen the exact opposite, with vegan diets full of soy giving me gyno and low sex drives.
>>
My girlfriend and I are both vegans (INB4 REEEEEEEEEEE). I was actually an omnivore when I first met her, and although she never once pressured me into giving up meat, I could see how much it bothered her whenever I ate meat around her.
When we first get together I was actually feeling pretty shitty in myself, bad skin + dull eyes, was tired all the time etc., but after being around her for a while I began to notice massive changes in my overall health and mood, and it was then that it clicked that it was because I'd been unknowingly eating a largely vegan diet thanks to her cooking. It was like a day or two after that I spoke to her about considering making the switch to vegetarianism, and then maybe veganism later down the road,. Later that night we sat down in the living room together and watched a movie called Earthlings, and I'm not ashamed to admit I bawled my fucking eyes out. I haven't touched meat since, was vegetarian for a year and now I've been vegan 4 months. There's a reason they call that movie the omnivore killer.

Making the switch from vegetarian to vegan wasn't actually that hard since I was usually having almond/coconut milk in my coffees and my oats anyway, but honestly giving up meat to begin with was really hard. It's only when you stop eating it that you realise just how much it's shoved in your face through advertising, it's literally fucking everywhere.

Changes I've noticed is that I lost weight, I no longer feel tired, I get up earlier (and easier), my acne is just fucking gone, and the biggest change of all is that I actually shit now. Like, I properly shit regularly, one to two times a day, and they're ALWAYS those ghost shits where when you wipe there's no stains on the tissue paper.. Also I used to have chronic depression, and whilst I'm not saying I'm cured completely, I haven't felt depressed in a very long time.

Becoming vegan has actually changed my entire outlook on life as well, I've become a kinder, better person overall.
>>
>>35125018
>boners you get become diamond hard
i call bullshit. your testosteron will go low, you might get moobs too
>>
I feel like I'm much less 'sluggish' after I eat

I've always preferred to cook my own meals from scratch so making the change was easy. If you want to do it try to eat as little pre-preared fake meats/cheeses, stick to using whole ingredients and shit

idk about my boners, I guess they're stronger more often now because reasons
>>
>>35126082
Every plant cell is made of protein. It's impossible to develop kwashiorkor if getting enough calories from anything that isn't extracted fat or carb isolates. But sub-optimal amino intake can increase recovery time.
>>
>having control over your diet
You lucky fucks. I just eat whatever my brain makes me
>>
When I was vegan (lasted a year) there was no noticeable difference in health or wellbeing. That said, I made sure I got all of my nutritional requirements pre-veganism and intra-veganism.
>>
>>35126165
Low fiber diets prevent evacuation of excess estrogen.
>>
>>35125860
Kill yourslef you thin skinned faggot
>>
>>35125018
You can trigger normies and hypocritical fat feminists by just existing.
>>
>>35126074
Now youre just making shit up
>>
File: dsd.jpg (104KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
dsd.jpg
104KB, 534x800px
>>35125259
You're probably severely underestimating just how much protein there is in everyday foods. Actually in order to become protein deficient you'd have to be literally start starving yourself.

That being said, if you're looking to get nattyswole you're going to have to start making friends with foods like peanut butter, tofu, seitan and tempeh. I actually keep a bowl of mixed nuts next to my computer that I snack on throughout the day, and I usually make a spinach + fruit smoothie with some nuts chucked into the blender daily. It's so much easier hitting your macros with a blender, so if you don't have one already, invest in one asap.

Pic related is my body on a 100% vegan diet for 5 years now..I know I'm not huge, but I'm mostly a runner and a climber so I favour lean muscle and functional strength.
>>
>>35126359
show us your penis, fag
>>
>>35126359
Nice bod.
For the clueless exclusive heteros among us, that's a fine example of what most straight women and queer guys want to be with.
>>
>>35125018
Defecation becomes much easier. Your poop passes right through.
>>
>>35126359
Looking great bro. I don't need to be any bigger than that.

Nuts in smoothies? Never heard of that, will definitely try.
>>
>>35126379
I have long-term vegan girlfriend, honourable friend :^)
>>
>>35126420
this, my poops are thicc and pass so easily

they're the perfect shape now, so satisfying
>>
>>35126433
Keep your omega fat ratios in check. More than four sixes for each gram of 3 can interfere with some processes and also not good for your complexion. Walnuts are the best nut for that. Only slightly more six than optimal. Most of the rest have way too much but can be balanced with chia, flax, and hemp. Get yourself a spice grinder (often sold as a coffee grinder but pretty shitty for that) so you can have ground flax and chia when not putting them in a blender with wet stuff. They don't absorb if you swallow them whole, and you can't chew flax effectively. It's hard and slippery so you'll miss most of it. Baking does not lower its quality significantly, but extracted flax oil goes to shit almost instantly.
>>
>>35125720

Alternatively, it's because we believe that what happens to animals enslaved in the agricultural industry to be the purest example of evil on the planet.

You honestly think shit like this is okay? And don't try to tell me that it's an isolated case because the castration of piglet, clipping of their tails and removal of their teeth without anaesthetic following birth is standard practice and done so to avoid the pigs, in stress-induced madness, from attacking each other and damaging the 'product'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKh2HDzgh9Y

One day humankind will look back on the way we used to treat animals with abject horror and disgust.
>>
>>35126420
Ever try a squat stool? Makes full evacuation easier while making you stronger. My legs are long enough that I can squat almost anywhere. My miss rate remains 0%.
>>
>>35125973
You know it's funny but almost every vegan has at one point uttered that phrase at least once. I know I have.
>>
>>35126165
>he doesn't know that there's a shit load more actual damaging mammalian estrogen in dairy than there is harmless plant phytoestrogens in foods like tofu

lmao carnists.
>>
File: 1481149713002.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481149713002.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>35126581
>he thinks I don't know what happens to livestock
I fucking killed them myself, I've killed all my chickens, some goats, fucking pigs.
Do you know what they told me about the pig?
>You gotta show that hog who's boss, just get in there
I can still hear those fuckers scream, I was just a kid, and I still eat meat.
>>
>>35126752
>beige meal
:(
>>
>>35126752
What kind of disgusting fat fuck would eat shit like that?
>>
>>35126807
The kind that's going to require a triple heart bypass by the time he's 34. Not a single vegetable in sight either, his shits must feel like he's squeezing out glass.
>>
>>35126807
I eat only whole foods at home, but I sometimes indulge in a vegan fast food meal while traveling, just for the out-of-character novelty of it. I can eat shit and not feel like shit when I'm on my feet all day.

I couldn't eat all that stuff myself. The fried cheese alone would be too much.
>>
>>35125018
i'd seriously consider becoming a vegan, if i could do that without having to get involved with any vegans at any moment
>>
For one thing it made cum taste a lot better in comparison to meals. A welcome development when you're as cock hungry as I. Also I developed more feminine features. Nofap + vegetarian is like natural girl pills. Who needs hrt when nature already provided?
>>
>>35125411
He fact that you think 150 grams of protein will damage your kidney tells me how clueless you are about nutrition. Plant protein will never be as good as regular protein just based on the amino profile
>>
>>35126920
You'd need to go out of your way to knowingly encounter other vegans.
>>
>>35126940
>nofap + vegetarian is like natural girl pills. Who needs hrt when nature already provided?

Yeah sorry to announce Anon but you've experienced a complete placebo effect. Plant estrogens are phytoestrogens and do not effect the human physiology the same was mammalian estrogens do.
>>
>>35126982
I think that was a "hurr durr vegans are gay" shitpost.
>>
>>35127171
Oh, well he didn't do a very good job if he couldn't even be bothered to research the difference between plant and animal chemical components.
>>
>>35126982

I also do meditations. It's not placebo though. I went from needing to wax every two weeks to sometimes going 5 weeks between sessions. You also can't get food poisoning from vegetarian so that's another plus. Whether undercooked or left out too long I don't have to throw away as much as the flesh addicts.
>>
File: tumb.gif (40KB, 592x415px) Image search: [Google]
tumb.gif
40KB, 592x415px
I used to be Vegan but I got a fucking job in a factory with a bunch of big alpha chads. I was and am a skinny twink and was just doing admin support work but I had to share a lunch room with them and they gave me a really hard time so now I eat meat at work to avoid being bullied.

>sitting in the lunch room on my first week
>eating a tasty lunch of lentils and rice with soy sauce and hot pepper paste
>one of the factory guys comes
>'hey man, what the fuck is that stuff?'
>get pretty annoyed
>'Oh just lentils and rice, I am vegan haha'
>'Oh so you don't eat meat? I guess you never swallow the snakes that go into your mouth'
>gestures to his cock
>for the next few weeks everyone laughs and makes jokes when I bring my vegan lunches
>they literally call me 'Vegetables'
>that is my nickname, they don't care to learn my actual name
>start making jokes based on this
>when I walk past
>'Mate I had vegetables for dinner last night.... it was the boniest meat ever'
>someone steals my nametag and makes me replace it with a small slice of celery with the letter V carved onto it
>almost got fired for wearing it, the guys whol stole my tag get away with that

Have to eat meat now. They stopped making jokes when I bought some ham sandwiches in. I try and only buy organic meat though.
>>
>>35127414
if you really feel like you have to eat meat in your job in order to keep your job, ok

will you eat vegan outside of your job still?
im sorry youre faced with that situation though that soudns shitty
>>
>>35126864

>potatoes aren't a vegetable anymore

So what are waffle fries exactly? Another kind of meat? Fuck you veggiefags, everything is a meat except kale apparently.
>>
>>35128004
Vegetables are a social construct. There is no clear botanical definition.
>>
>>35127414
Jesus, is this true or gay bully fiction?

Lots of people will make sarcastic remarks but they are just jealous that they lack the discipline to do what you are doing.

I hope your story isn't true. How could you look at yourself in the mirror after putting up with stupidity like that. Grow some nuts and tell them to fuck off while you eat your tempeh.
>>
I had the clearest skin I've ever had in my entire life and I lost 30 pounds while living a relatively sedentary lifestyle.

I eat meat again now though. Too depressed to care. Having perfect skin and being skinnier just meant I was confident enough to get rejected more often than ever.
>>
File: 1483180886746.jpg (26KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1483180886746.jpg
26KB, 508x524px
giving up a life where you can no longer eat smoked salmon, prawns or bacon
>>
>>35127414
Ladies and gentlemen. Vegans.
>>
>>35128200
>salmon, prawns or bacon
These things are only eaten by third world americans.

I would never stop eating chicken.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.