[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help, guys. I need advice on how to escape being a worthless

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Please help, guys. I need advice on how to escape being a worthless NEET. I'm depressed and have had an employment gap of 5 years and am over 30 with no skills or education. I think about suicide more and more frequently. I just want to be financially independent.
>>
be rich
be likable
have industry connections
don't be poor

that's it... that's all you have to do my man!
>>
>>35122429
>employment gap of 5 years

Do you have a family member who has their own business or is self-employed and can lie to say you were employed by them for 5 years?
>>
>>35122429
Probably your best bet is to go back to school. You might have to take out a shit load of loans, so what. But... a caveat. If you are depressed you need to take care of that shit first, so that you don't end up fucking your education up. It will be a good investment, OP, think of it that way.
>>
>>35122429
1. Get training/certification
2. Get job
3. Buy assets with your income, not liabilities

Books to read:
Your Money or Your Life
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Early Retirement Extreme

Blogs to read:
Mr Money Mustache
Early Retirement Extreme
JL Collins (read the "stock series")

Podcasts to listen to:
Radical Personal Finance
Mad Fientist
Bigger Pockets (if you're interested in real estate)

33 years old, big into investing. Ask me any questions you have.
>>
>over 30 with no skills or education
That makes you fairly desirable at shitty jobs like gas stations or mcdonalds, since you won't be running off any time soon.
>>
>>35122552

What would you do if you had 100K to invest right this moment?
>>
>>35122570
I have $375k invested in assets, broken down like so:

$200k: Paid off rental property (I live in one room, rent out two others)
$175k: Broad-market ETFs

The two best options for you would be to use it as a down payment on a rental property or to open a brokerage account and put it all into a broad market ETF like Vanguard's VTSAX.
>>
>>35122552
What should I do with the feeble amounts of money I make from a shitty job(if I can even get some bottom of the barrel restaurant shit or night stocking job)?
>>
>>35122666
If you are making under $35k/year then stop what you are doing and retrain for a higher income job. In the meantime read up on the resources I posted above.
>>
>>35122665
>broad market ETF like Vanguard's VTSAX

Okay thanks.

I own my own house and no way am I renting out any of it. I hate the idea of living with anyone.

My independence is one of the only things I enjoy in life.

Not OP obviously. Already gave OP the advice I could ITT.
>>
>>35122703
How did you get your start up capital? Did you have a job beforehand?
>>
>>35122429
>>35120656
>Multiple neet threads pop up
What's really going on here, anon?
Neet life is the best.
>>
>>35122717
Read up on ETFs at JL Collins blog, specifically the Stock Series

If you are not getting cash flow from renting out your house, consider moving into an apartment and renting it out or selling it. It's a liability, not an asset, if it's not producing cash flow.
>>
>>35122735
I worked shitty jobs, then better jobs, then started a company, then it went under and I got an ever better job. I also inherited some money and invested it.

The real trick is to take every earned penny and rather than consume it, use to to make more money. Rather than buying an apple, buy an apple seed that will eventually give you lots of apples.
>>
>>35122800

I literally don't care about making money enough to move. I like my house. It's one of the only things in life I like.

More money wouldn't fix my problems anyway. My face is horribly ugly and I'm a KV wizard.
>>
>>35122919
If it makes you happy then definitely keep it.

As for the other stuff, I can't help you because I can't help myself. I know a lot about personal finance but I haven't had sex in ten years and haven't had a gf since high school. I look at life like an RPG character sheet, I have low scores in looks and sociability but I have other strengths like finance, ability to delay gratification, and prudence. If I can't be Chad, I can be be a beta who hits financial independence in his 30s and spends his days doing what he pleases.
>>
>>35123104
Yeah, I do as well. I also have a skill list and I have them classified into classes.
>>
>>35123176
Nice, I've never actually written it down but maybe I'll do that this afternoon. It couldn't hurt to have a written objective summary of my strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>35122552
>big into investing
>recommends shitty meme books, blogs, and podcasts
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.