[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't drink or smoke. Never have, probably never will.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1134d.jpg (14KB, 320x290px)
1134d.jpg
14KB, 320x290px
I don't drink or smoke.
Never have, probably never will.

What am I missing here, Robots?
I know that I can resist temptation, but not sure if I'd be able to resist addiction.
Am I better off?
>>
File: 1480579651418.jpg (9KB, 251x201px)
1480579651418.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
You're saving a shit ton of money desu. Booze is fun, makes you feel warm and fuzzy and more confident. Or a lot shittier if you felt sad when you started drinking. Cigarettes arent worth it, nicotine rush just makes you light headed and dizzy and nauseous most of the time. Though they do make you look like a Cool Guy and the actual act of smoking is kinda fun.
>>
File: 1360458636590.jpg (110KB, 763x736px)
1360458636590.jpg
110KB, 763x736px
Booze and cigarettes are a lot like /r9k/. You might have a good time because of them once or twice but they're bad for you at the end of the day and offer nothing of value. Yet you'll keep reaching for it every time and never quit.
>>
File: 1449881413954s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px)
1449881413954s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
Drinking and smoking weed are essential for me not going crazy. Smoking cigs is probably not worth it; the effects probably don't outweigh the negatives, but I have good will power and only smoke a few every couple of days. It can be relaxing and flavorful if you buy natural ones. Also cheap if you roll your own, but i'm too lazy.

The only way you can know for sure is to try and see if you have an addictive personality. What I have observed from a smoking thread here yesterday is that most robots don't seem to be pack a day smokers for whatever reason. Maybe we have better will power than normies.
>>
Drinking is pretty fun, but if you're fine without it then don't bother.

Smoking is shit and I wish I'd never started. I was never a heavy smoker and haven't smoked in months but whenever I see someone smoke I want one bad. The only benefits from smoking are it's easy to meet new people through it, it looks cool and it when combined with alcohol it gives you a really good head rush.

Fuck I want a smoke now
>>
Smoking is some bad shit for your health and wallet. Both my parents smoke and they fucking hate it, but can't shake the addiction.

Drinking isn't good for your health either but your liver will be fine as long as you don't overdo it. Has some bad amounts of sugar though. Can be fun to get a bit loose and I needed a fuckton of vodka to get through marathons of the epic movie guys and dsp playthroughs. You're not missing out though. If you don't drink to get drunk it's basically like deciding to not drink soda.
>>
>>35117137
Alcohol is the only good one.
Gives you an excuse to go out and meet people.

I have a pub I've been going to for a year and a half. People know me there, give me free beer, give me a seat at their table if it's full, make me laugh.

That is the only place that makes me feel good.
>>
>>35117137
I don't drink anymore. Was reaching for the bottle first thing in the morning and ended up getting arrested because I was too sloshed to run, even though I was in my own neighborhood and could have easily evaded on foot at night in the dark. I like night walking/jogging/running and knew all the streets, alleys, and old neglected foot paths from before cars. Being a drunk just dulls life and makes you less effective. But dulling life is great. Don't drink unless you're drinking like a normie at parties or whatever.

I smoke cigarettes because I'm an industrial mechanic (big factory shit not cars) and everyone smokes. If nothing is broke I need something to do. Or something to calm my nerves if shit's broke and I've been busting ass to get the line up. Because I live in a very backwards part of the USA everyone still smokes like its 1940 so its just so easy to make smoking part of my lifestyle. If you have no reason to smoke don't start.

I smoke a lot of weed. Its amazing, getting high as a kite at night makes me feel refreshed and active and optimistic the next morning to face another day. A little bit of weed in the morning, not enough to quite get high is extremely calming but makes me a little slower. How weed affects you is extremely personal you'll have to try it to find out if it makes you stupid or paranoid. I can go without weed and just wish I had weed, no real cravings. I impulse buy packs of cigarettes when I'm trying to stay quit. I can't see a single reason not to try weed, but if you're a lazy person by nature it won't motivate you at all you'll just NEET it up high. If you have obligations in your life you have to face it might help you to get up and face them.
>>
Quitting cigarettes was the best thing I've done in the last few years. I had no choice really, my lung collapsed (not due to smoking apparently, it was a spontaneous pneumothorax)

I couldn't quit weed though so I just bought a Volcano vaporizer and I still vape weed (I hate the term "vape" so I usually just say I'm "smoking" even without smoke) everyday. I know it's probably not good for my ambition but it's how I cope with a shitty job that saps my social life.

I also drink beer regularly. I think it would be difficult for me to pick between beer and weed. I'd probably stop drinking entirely if it meant getting free weed for life
>>
You're making good choices and are not missing anything. I don't smoke and am an extremely light drinker. I've personally spent about 8 dollars on alcohol on my life (doesn't include family provided drinks) and I've realized that it's not that great.

Why do people become alcoholics when there's grapefruit juice? I mean seriously
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.