[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is a good, relatively cheap, place to live, /r9k/? If

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Bucharest-Old-Town.jpg (1MB, 1400x929px) Image search: [Google]
Bucharest-Old-Town.jpg
1MB, 1400x929px
Where is a good, relatively cheap, place to live, /r9k/?

If you were over 30, and you understood that there's absolutely nothing in your life anymore, where would you go and how would you spend your last 5 years? Would it be worth it? What's even worth anything at that point? Is it better just to end it all before ever even beginning to live, since it will be a shallow simulacrum even in the best case scenario?

Surely there's something that there's still a chance to derive some worth from, right? I mean, if there was a welder course that guaranteed a job and a place in society, or something like that, stupid example I know, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But there doesn't seem to be anything anymore.

I quite liked the idea of a farm in the middle of nowhere, but there's not really a "middle of nowhere" in Europe anymore, that's more US/Australia/wherever-specific, and it's pointless without a gf/wife anyway.

Come on, give me a feasible idea.
>>
>>35117008
eastern or southern europe places like poland bulgaria romania hungary greece etc
>>
>>35117121
But anon, that's where I'm from. It's shit unless you have a western salary and you're just visiting so you have the tourist air around you so to speak.
>>
>>35117228
were you from maybe africa or southeast asain why dont you move to a other euro country
>>
>>35117402
save up and move back home a rich man
>>
>>35117008

Do you have any savings? If you're only going to remain alive another 5 years, just find somewhere cheap as fuck to live. If you're in eastern yurop then go for India, China or some african shithole. Make a budget to last you 5 years, take drugs, fuck all sorts of aids infested trash and generally abuse yourself.
>>
There is plenty of middle of nowhere in Europe. For us here in the US it would be Alaska IMO, but in Europe, couldn't you just hit up the northern end of Norway/Sweeden/Finland? Cheap can be a relative term. I imagine you can get swaths of land for next to nothing, but survival out there would be a balance between infrastructure and know-how. I mean how out in the middle of nowhere would you want to go?

I liked Scotland, the highlands were spectacular and the pop,e were nice (to me), but it's too cold for me and I like a little civilization. I grew up in Southern California, so if I was going to run away, If I had money I would pick someplace with some serious old school architecture. Castles, cathedrals, ruins, cobblestones. That shit turns me on. If I was doing it on the cheap on this side of the world, I would just travel south until I found a nice place to settle. Hitting the Mexican pyramids, Costa Rica, Belize, Medallin, and Cuzco on the way down.
>>
>>35117526
>but in Europe, couldn't you just hit up the northern end of Norway/Sweeden/Finland? Cheap can be a relative term. I imagine you can get swaths of land for next to nothing, but survival out there would be a balance between infrastructure and know-how. I mean how out in the middle of nowhere would you want to go?

Scandi countryside here. Indeed there's still large areas of "nowhere". Some years ago you typically paid $7k/hectare (about 2 acres) of forest and double for a hectare of fields, in the south the price doubles. In Sweden you're allowed to go whereever the fuck you want in the woods without owning anything, you're allowed to pick berries and stuff too and you're allowed to camp in one spot for 3 days or something like that, So technically you could just wander those woods for as long as you wanted living off roots, buds, berries and plants, there's survival classes to take for it.
>>
>>35117737
What do you do when a bear attacks you, defend with a toothpick?
>>
>>35117737
That's really fucking cool. I imagine there are also rules for waste and care for the environment?
We have a big homeless problem here, and I know it doesn't seem all that relevant, but I know there are people who want to live "off the grid" and I respect that, or the desire for a nomadic lifestyle. If there are resources in the wild, like wild growing food, or plenty of game, as long as people clean up after themselves, I don't see that there's any reason why people can't roam the wilderness having adventure.
>>
>>35117829
You couldn't even allow the guy a knife and a large burning log?
>>
>>35117895
That's islamophobic and homophobic, respectively.
>>
File: a48.png (86KB, 764x796px) Image search: [Google]
a48.png
86KB, 764x796px
>>35117829

>he's not strong enough to crack open a bear

What kind of a faggot are you?

For real tho, you can own and buy firearms but you need to go through some tests and classes to qualify for owning one, or you can build something yourself or mayhap buy one illegally, or just bring your standard katana and nunchucks.

>>35117875

Aye, one is not allowed to litter and overall it's a pretty cool thing, the rules are pretty clear, unfortunately a lot of people don't give a shit. Some time ago a nearby estate had a caravan with gyppos in their woods, they left tons of trash and had cut down several trees, dug a huge shitpit etc and I hear it was massively disgusting, personally I wouldn't mind if that privilege was abolished.

Maybe an idea would be to have a huge government owned area that allowed squatters rights.
>>
>>35117008
I'd probably go to Romania or Estonia
>>
What's your financial situation, OP?

Unless we know how much you have saved up, there's no way anyone can give you real advice.

I'd suggest using a site like numbeo.com to price out different options. But living for 5 years on what I think is a pretty slim nest egg may not be possible, even if you lived in a slum in africa.
>>
>>35117008
I'll go some a couple of kms away from my parent's village so I can see them once a week. Middle of nowhere, abandoned farms, villages, nothing is to sell because people died and nobody cared. Just make a house yours.
>>
Is there any place cheap for a single person to live. I'm talking around $400 rent. I don't want to get a room in some person's house or their basement for $400. I'm talking about your own place for that cheap. Seems hard when you have no job experience to live off of a minimum wage job.
>>
>>35119238
It really depends where you're at. Pricing varies widely across the country.

But, if you have a job, I'd recommend looking into buying rather than renting. It sounds crazy, but it often is cheaper, especially with a low downpayment loan. Here's an example:

https://www.redfin.com/TN/Memphis/2190-Hillside-Ave-38127/home/60731946

It rents for around 725 but if you buy it with say 3% down ($1260) it's less than $200 / month for the mortgage. And, it's a 3 br home, so rent one of the rooms out for a few hundred bucks, you're making money.

There is insurance and taxes you need to pay too, so it might be an extra hundred a month for that, but that still is just $300.

Of course, Memphis is one of the most affordable cities in the US, so your area may differ. But if you're making min wage anyway, moving may be a better option than staying put.
>>
>>35118235

Chernobyl pls
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.