[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pay $750 for cyberpower pc from walmart worth like $200 >ff

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 0497 - YEiTgl4.png (15KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
0497 - YEiTgl4.png
15KB, 469x331px
>pay $750 for cyberpower pc from walmart worth like $200
>ff 1.5 years
>want to build new pc
>wait over 2 years to collect and finally build new pc
>finally build it after so much frustration
>mobo is broken
>bought mobo too long ago so can't rma or return

I make $1,000~ a month so a new mobo means another 6 months of waiting

I want to fucking die
>>
>>35116203
Post a pcpp list, your state and how much money you have and I'll help you.
>>
Mobo is 100 bucks max dude
>>
>>35116465
Try $200 or more.

Paid like $170 or more for mine.
>>
>>35116438
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NfrdtJ
>>
>>35116533
What can you still return from that list?
https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814126135
This is 80$ cheaper and lets you use a freesync monitor in the future.
You splurged on the psu a bit much.
That's honestly a terrible cpu, could've went for a i7 7700k for a bit less and get more performance, would've let you get cheaper and faster ddr4 ram.
Lastly would've waited for a sale to get a 2tb hdd and an 80 gb ssd (for the os, coats like 20-40$ when a good sale's going on).
>>
>>35116645
Did you miss the part where I waited 2 years to collect parts?

The 6700k didn't even have a name when I bought my parts.

And the 4790k is not that much weaker than the 6700k or 7700k.

2tb HDD not needed but I could have bought SSD ye.

kinda just want to sell everything I can (pretty much just the GPU) and then take out a loan and build a 1070/7700k build... maybe with... dare i say... /water cooling/?
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0198QDQHA?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ttl
This is a better psu, I personally have a fsp psu and am very happy with it's performace, can easily run sli and is future proof if you ever upgrade your rig.
They make a lot of psus for high quality companies. http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers
>>
>>35116681
A general rule of the thumb if buying everything within 2-3 months at most.
If you're taking a loan take a small one to cover the mobo, loans are the devil.
T.jew
>>
>>35116689
Yeah I should have gotten a different PSU.
>>35116714
Wish I would have been told this before. Maybe years ago I thought I'd have the money faster?

I've been a fuckin slave for the past 2 years and can't by anything that isn't a PC part without having a heart attack.
>>
You committed a great mistake in not testing out a motherboard purchase within its refund window. It's probably the most likely hardware piece in the computer to come defective or die. Let this be a lesson. Never buy PC components if you can't test them out within their return windows.

Have you thought about contacting the manufacturer and explaining your situation? They should send you out a new one.
>>
>>35116901
How the hell would I have tested it?

Already sent ASRock an email.
>>
>>35116918
You can power it up with.. a power supply and check for visible lights to come on. If you have a graphics card or a CPU with integrated graphics, then hook it up to a monitor and see if it posts to the screen. That's the real way of checking a mobo. In fact, most people recommend a start-up BEFORE full assembly, so you don't waste your time, and find out later that it's broken, after spending a couple of hours building your PC.
>>
>>35116951
It probably broke mid-building anyways.
>>
>>35116203
And this is why I don't bother with PC gaming and only play consoles
>>
>>35116203
Why the shit did you buy the parts over time instead of just saving and buying them all at once? Costly learning experience, right there.
>>
>>35116203
Why on earth would you slowly buy parts over time rather than just saving the money and buying them all when you have enough?
>>
OP, you're pretty retarded in your decision making. But if it's any consolation, at 15 I tried building my first gaming PC without any research or help. I ended up going to a PC store in the U.S. because I didn't know Newegg existed, and they scammed me and literally sold me a mobo that never worked properly. 4 years later, I built a second PC with research and help from /g/ and got it right. Now, I'm considering building my third PC, with the latest 8 core Ryzen.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 326x326px
Try to play shit-tier video games on potato laptop, feel bad.

I have a job but I think I'm just going to just take my tax return and start building a PC. Don't really know where to start though.
>>
>>35116992
>>35117011
I've seen poorfags/noobs do this, back when I surfed /g/ regularly. I think they're too stupid to save money properly, so they'll buy a major component with every minimum wage check they get, and then 6 months later they try putting it together. I've heard about OP's tale once before, and the manufacturer will usually take care of people in OP's situation.
>>
>>35116984
honestly at this point i dont blame you unless you have $3k to chuck at a pc building company
>>35116992
>>35117011
thought id have money sooner and didn't want to be tempted to spend
>>35117020
amd poopoo dont do that
>>35117052
its easier after you plug in the "header" wires. got stuck for a whole day doing that.
>>
>>35117080
>thought id have money sooner and didn't want to be tempted to spend

Well, at least you've learned a valuable lesson, right?

Start saving for a new mobo.
>>
>>35117080
Ryzen just destroyed Intel's Skylake rehashes. You don't seem that very smart, otherwise, you would've waited for Ryzen to come out before building your PC. Now you have a broken PC -- and one that is outdated too boot.
>>
File: 1485804315911.jpg (107KB, 848x719px) Image search: [Google]
1485804315911.jpg
107KB, 848x719px
>>35117113
>Ryzen 7 1800X has similar performance as an i7 6900K
Holy fuck lads there's finally going to be some competition again.
>>
>>35117197
Feels good man. I'm gonna buy a 1700X, maybe put a Noctua D15 or the Corsair h105 on it, and try to get an 4.6+ OC. $500 in the CPU and heatsink on the 1700X and I'll completely rape the i7 6900k which costs 2x as much.
>>
>>35116203
>I make $1,000~ a month so a new mobo means another 6 months of waiting
lmao, why even wageslave at this point
>>
>>35117113
2 years ago I didn't think "wow you know maybe for absolutely no reason I should wait forever just in case AMD released a nice CPU for some reason.

That's retarded.
>>
>>35117278
NEETbux retard. I WISH I was a wagecuck.
>>
>>35117308
Maybe you're a newfag and tuned out of tech world, but don't assume everyone else is like you. AMD had a brilliant engineer once who masterminded the development of the Athlon64 which crushed Intel's Pentium 4 in 2003. From 03-06 AMD was King. This guy also developed the x86-64 improvement, so he's a real whiz.

Well, it took Intel 3-4 years to develop the "Core" microarchitecture to compete with Athlon. Intel used shady business tactics to starve AMD. Jim Keller got hired by Apple to start making their iPhone processors, and AMD just became a punching bag of jokes after Intel came back swinging hard.

Since Sandy Bridge, Intel stopped giving a fuck because AMD was so far behind. In 2012. AMD somehow got Jim Keller back. They must've given him a huge check and stocks, and entrusted the fate of the company with him. Well now, 5 years later, this wizard guy delivered. He designed a microarchitecture so devastatingly huge in its IPC leap, that it has bested everything Intel has under $1000 in their line-up. And it doesn't look Intel is going to be able to come back swinging again for 2-3 years. They assumed AMD was down and out, so they've been caught with their pants down.

Well that's your history lesson of the day.

tl;dr the development of Ryzen is basically Athlon64 2.0 again. If you buy Intel right now, you're stupid.
>>
>>35117113
Ouchie, I just checked and the 1700x is more expensive and slightly worse than the 7700k
>>
>>35117426
tl;dr

you're forgetting this is all happening 2 years ago.

Also the Ryzen series CPUs don't really look that good. I'll be surprised, but pleased, if they make a noticeable impact.
>>
>>35117426

>brand loyalty hur dur

Shut up you fucking retard
>>
>>35117426

Why did Jim Keller leave again?
>>
>>35117446
>>>/g/59099534

All leaked benchmarks currently suggest that the Ryzen chips are outperforming all "Lake" CPUs in single thread and multiple threads synthetic benchmarks. It's not surprising when Intel admitted 2-3 years ago, that Moore's law was at an end, and that they would not be focusing on giant leaps in IPC anymore--now they would be focusing on efficiency. Intel stopped trying years ago because they could. No more money into R&D. Now with real competition, that WILL steal market share, they will be forced to pump money back into R&D again so they can outcompete AMD again. I don't realistically expect AMD to be King of the Hill for 5 years. Intel has like 8x the resources that AMD does. It's David v. Goliath.

But right now, it's a good moment for the consumer, the little guy.
>>
>>35117328
Well then it's your fault for not living with your parents, dumb idiot. Enjoy having no money at all
>>
>>35117500
this is a good meme

Original meme.
>>
>>35116203
That's retarded. Tech gets improved upon and price lowered so quickly, that buying your parts across such a long span is guaranteed to get you a worse computer for the money than saving up and purchasing all at once.
>>
>>35117507
Capitalism. I'm sure Steve Jobs recognized that they could steal away a wizard computer engineer from faltering AMD, and so they did--promising a bigger check. AMD must've paid him a lot to come back. Now, he's working at Tesla developing self-driving cars. Elon Musk must've heard that this guy is hot shit, so promised him more $$$. I mean, good for this Keller guy. He's using the capitalist system how it should be used.
>>
File: 0185 - z9aqW32.png (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0185 - z9aqW32.png
40KB, 400x400px
>>35117528
I've already mentioned my reasoning for this multiple times
>>
>>35117564
Yeah, and I mentioned about an hour ago, the great gap in your logic. Electrical components have staggeringly high lemon rates. You took a pointless gamble and lost badly. Learn your lesson and do not repeat it. Try to work on your impulse control. Open up a savings account, and put your NEETbucks in there for big things/emergencies.

Never buy something you can't confirm is not a lemon. Take this bit of advice for the rest of your life. I hope you're not this stupid with cars. Do you own a car?
>>
A year ago my power supply burned out. I bought and installed a new one and since then my DVD drive stopped working.
That's why I am afraid of trying and build a new computer. I know I'll fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>35117514
I do live with my parents... Who said I didn't?
>>
>>35117659
Buying the parts was my impulse control. Didn't want to buy retarded shit. All in all what did I lose? A little bit of CPU power? No one expected a broken part.
>>
>>35117812
Then how do you piss away your neetbux? I get them too, and only spend half, and save the rest. Not to boast, but I have nearly 20k saved right now, from Neetbucks.
>>
>>35117011
Poor impulse control.
>>
>>35117831
99% spent on rent and food
>>
>>35117965
you suck

mootcucks
>>
>>35117965
Literally check out reddit for cheap food you can make yourself.
You can easily get by nicely with 150 a month.
How much do your parents take in rent?
>>
>>35118086
over $500
>>
>>35118094
They're nickel and diming you. I give my mom 200 for bills. She tried to take more, but I argued that I'd rather we be frugal if meant me having a savings account. I cut the cable, put our cars on the cheap insurance plans. We coordinate a grocery store trip. I cut out soda/beer/weed. And rarely use my car, so I'm not spending gas. Not like I have places to visit, I mean, I am here after all.
>>
>>35118283
In case it wasn't clear, I'm also on NEETbucks.
>>
>>35118283
No $500 total for the rent. I don't pay bills. The $1,000 I was talking about is for me and my father as a whole. Mother is out of state. One of those divorce memes happened a long time ago.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.