[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >living in germanistan >go to pharmacy >want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1478119826880.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1478119826880.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>be me
>living in germanistan
>go to pharmacy
>want to get my usual antihistamine for urticaria / severe itching attacks
>anon you buy this rather a lot
>it's itching OK but it's not like you could die by an allergic attack
>have you thought about a more holistic approach
>there are surely great homeopathic medicines
>here, take this newsletter and educate yourself

what the fuck is this shit

I can't stand these 1969 relicts who hate weed but promote this bullshit because it's more 'natural' and 'a more gentle way of medicine', 'more in unison with nature'

all these feminist vegan hipster chicks who will be the downfall of this country
>>
>>35101593
Go buy fucking weed then you sausage nigger
>>
>>35101605
pretty sure that wasn't the point at all since I was using this to state a contrast in these personas but yeah I'm sure that will help

idiot
>>
>>35101605
Weed is a nigger drug you degenerate I hate you
>>
>>35101593
German here as well, agreed its super weird how widely spread homeopathy is here. Even some doctors recommend bullshit treatments like accupuncture and perscribe shitty diluted water to people.

Super weird how it hasnt been outed as an obvious scam here...
>>
>>35101850
yeah all these people somehow want to believe this dumb 'in unison with nature' crap except when it's about actually doing / living that instead of sitting on your fat ass drinking 'yogi tea' or something

the krankenkassen (state-supported health insurance) even start to promote this stuff increasingly in their bonus programs, I believe they're riding the wave because it's cheap and makes them look hip, young and going with the times and stuff

meanwhile all the old people can't even get diapers paid for
>>
I mean I don't think homeopathy automatically means it doesn't work, as far as I know homeopathy includes everything herbal, my germam grandparents who were pharmacists have trust in homeopathy too and they studied this shit so they should know what they're doing
>>
>>35101946
usually the pharmacies list the stuff under 'nature and homeopathy'

herbal stuff can of course work, thing is in these cases the chemical that does the work is extracted and sold as a conventional medicine, for example digitalis

homeopathy is some neo-hermeticist doctrine which claims that 'the same leads to the same' and 'reducing the amount of medicine increases the efficiency because the body imitates the medicine', this means they start selling 'globuli' which consist 100% of sugar (not even joking here) and 99.99% pure water

homeopathy is straight up ridiculous and does not deserve to be in the same category as people who use chamomile tea to sleep
>>
"I would like to speak to a manager"
>>
>>35102100
yeah too late now, maybe I will do that because if the woman says this to someone without a clue who actually has an allergy it could have life-threatening complications, but then again she knew this
>>
>>35101593
She's right though, you dumb ass need to do something better than swallowing boxes of antihistamines. They're not a permanent solution.
>>
>>35102231
I would. Nutmeg seems to be in some of that holistic stuff that gets pushed. I have no problem letting someone know that will send me into anaphylactic shock.
>>
>>35102399
I use cetirizin, it's as good as CNS-inactive so I probably will not get dementia

the itching attacks happen usually only in the winter, they're cold-warm-temperature-differential related, about 2-3 times a week, in which case some about 2-3 cetirizin pills do the job, I only take more so it acts faster

very seldom the attacks happen for no reason that is apparent to me

I was also buying some more packages for unrelated hay fever which will start in a few weeks

so all in all it's not that much as it may have appeared to her, doc said it was fine, not sure what to do else about temperature urticaria
>>
File: 1473076278891.jpg (11KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1473076278891.jpg
11KB, 300x299px
>>35102581
now that's weird, nutmeg in sufficient quantities can act as an anticholinergic and an MAOI and is often taken for psychoactive effects, these things can have middle-term more dangerous interactions (but not sure if the quantities can realistically be reached if you're using it for herbal remedy purposes)

I would have thought anybody else especially the type of person I named in the post would have stayed away from larger quantities of nutmeg if they knew anything about these effects of nutmeg, which probably means they don't
>>
>>35102813
Wait, it's myristicin, right? I remember hearing over on /del/ people would do it to achieve similar effects of doing other deliriants.
>>
>>35102972
yeah mostly elemicin also but it has only a minor role

did it once a few years ago and took half a teaspoon of grounded nutmeg which was sold as a normal spice, made my mouth feel nastily weird and I had a slight and quite unique feeling euphoriant + dopaminergic effect on me, not much besides that
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.