[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are your teeth doing robots? Been to the dentist lately?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19

File: teeth.jpg (55KB, 467x266px) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
55KB, 467x266px
How are your teeth doing robots?

Been to the dentist lately?

What about when the cold wind blows?
>>
They seem off color when I look at them, but I've never had a cavity

One of my cuspids that I damaged is resorbing. I'll lose it in a couple years. It's begun to be cold sensitive in the meantime.
>>
>Tfw the dentist told me 3 days ago that my teeth seem to be naturally resistant against all kind of problems and that my bones are perfect
I never even had to wear braces, is this how chads feel all the time? Bretty nice
>>
Perfect teeth other than the bottom front four. Having a fucked nose and not being taught I should breathe through my nose, as well being given the choice of having braces when I was 10 (of course i'm gonna say no, i'm a sensitive 10 year old kid, just give me the fucking braces) has made them kinda clustered and grow slightly weird, but overall not really noticeable.

What was noticeable was the receded gum on one of the front four (caused by smoking/lip ring) which looked fucking awful until I fixed it recently, now it's barely noticeable at all.
>>
File: teeth.jpg (124KB, 715x938px) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
124KB, 715x938px
>$40,000

Reminder to take extra good care of your teeth.
>>
>>35093430
>which looked fucking awful until I fixed it recently, now it's barely noticeable at all.
How did you fix it, i thought recession of gums was impossible to fix?
>>
Felt like I was having so minor pain in the back, I think it's cause I clench my jaw and grind the shit out of my teeth. I bought a mouth guard but I'm too lazy to mold it.

Last night I got really high and brushed the shit out of them, flossed, and rinsed with mouthwash though. It was pretty satisfying, highly recommend.
>>
>>35093462
>i thought recession of gums was impossible to fix?
From what I've read you can get gum grafts but it doesn't work perfectly.

Anyway, I noticed my recession was getting worse, it was almost the width of the tooth and went down like pretty far. I was avoiding brushing on it too hard because I didn't wanna wear away any of the bone (which it felt liek I was doing everytime I brushed). So I went into the dentist and she's like "you're not brushing hard enough" and then cleaned up my teeth for me. My gum felt really weird at that point, when I got home and looked in the mirror the gum had almost completely closed up over the tooth. So now I make sure to brush the shit out the gum and it has stayed the same way since I went to the dentist over a month ago.

If I get money I'll probably get it properly fixed, but it's not really a problem at all now. I've practised speaking and facial expressions in the mirror and you can't see it at all, and even if you could it's not really a problem.
>>
>>35093555
Mine are bad too,i had a descale yesterday at the dentist and the gaps between my teeth are bigger (doesnt look bad just normal) which means the shit filling them was hardened plaque and tartar, not teeth, which probably caused a lot the recession.
>>
File: ewfrg4657.jpg (31KB, 480x762px) Image search: [Google]
ewfrg4657.jpg
31KB, 480x762px
>>35093251
got this fucker removed in january
wisdom tooth. bottom back left molar
>>
>>35093251
I eat on one side of my mouth most of the time. These dentists never fix anything properly, my teeth are so sensitive. I've stopped eating chocolates and other sweet things because it's so painful to eat them.

Because of the autism I didn't like toothpaste when I was a kid. And because of laziness I only brush my teeth once a day.

Every time my teeth get noticeably worse, it becomes more and more hopeless. It's depressing. If I could have perfect teeth again once more, I would take care of them.

My wisdom teeth are annoying. I think they are causing the ulcers I get all the time.
>>
>>35093607
>I think they are causing the ulcers I get all the time.
No it will be bacteria, i thought the same but its bacteria. Clean twice a day, floss daily, use mouthwash and go to the dentist regularly.

Its not too late
>>
Off color and a little crooked, my wisdom teeth are at like a 45 degree angle though which I think is bad. Too bad I'm a poor fuck who's never ever been to a dentist
>>
>>35093572
>which means the shit filling them was hardened plaque and tartar, not teeth, which probably caused a lot the recession
Yeah that's what I suspect my issue was, the shape changed totally after the clean. I also have gingivitis and bleeding gums but I'm clearing that up now. Flossing is hard for me because the gaps between my teeth and fucking tiny but I've ordered some really thin floss so I'll get on that when it arrives.

As a side effect of being aware and scared of not fucking up my teeth, I've almost totally cut out smoking (not that I was a big smoker) and sugar from my diet as to not cause more damage, so that's cool.
>>
if i have a tip for anybody, its go to a good dentist. only medical shit i deal with, and my glasses but you can go to walmart or whatever
>>
>>35093460
those implants give off a strong uncanny valley vibe
>>
>>35093460
How does a man who lets his teeth get in that state have 40000 dollars to fix them?
>>
>>35093460
>crowns and bridges
lmao who the fuck are they kidding, you can see the contrast between his actual gums and the paler plastic "gums" of his implanted dentures

he didn't get no motherfucking crowns, just a few implant screws to hold his dentures
>>
>>35093575
got an upper wisdom removed, it was straight but very unhealthy

ever since then spaces between other molars have opened up and food gets stuck there all the time now reeeeeeeeeee

anyone else know that feel?
>>
File: 20170131_103318-1.jpg (633KB, 2975x1681px) Image search: [Google]
20170131_103318-1.jpg
633KB, 2975x1681px
Yeah, been going to a dental school since last October. I'm sitting the waiting room now to get a front tooth filling,and I've got about 10 more visits for fillings. Pic is my back right molar that i got extracted last month.
>>
>tfw parent fucked my teeth up feeding me junk as a kid
>>
You aren't a robot if you have good teeth.
>>
Parents pay for 2 cleanings a year and I'm grateful since I'm a 31 year old underemployed loser. I have to get a filling every once in awhile but they're all intact.

There's a noticeable front tooth gap(wear your fucking retainers, teenage robots) and they're yellowish. I hope to correct both things. Cosmetic bonding seems cheap but I think the yellowing is an enamel/genetics issue since whitening products do zilch for them.
>>
>>35093951
so trainee dentist work?
>>
>>35093684
Between rot and uncanny valley, I'd go for the uncanny valley
>>
didn't brush my whole life

seriously can't get myself started, seems like a waste of time for me.

my whole set is yellow and there's a ton of cavities, but i still can;t bring myself to do it.

i'm thinking of brushing once a week so it's better than nothing.
>>
>>35094305
Can you post pic?
>>
>>35094305
what age? If you're late teens or early 20s you'll soon be in for one hell of a ride
>>
File: Capture.png (105KB, 304x120px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
105KB, 304x120px
>>35094361
lightning sucks but it's the best i can get
>>
>>35094392
twenty two to be exact
>>
File: 1446704724174.jpg (92KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446704724174.jpg
92KB, 500x500px
>>35094305
>seems like a waste of time for me.
>my whole set is yellow and there's a ton of cavities
>waste of time
my nigga you need to start brushing TODAY
>>
I had braces not once but twice.
Started at 12 where I had 7 front teeth removed (3 of them were extras I had developed).
Then pull on my adult front teeth which were just under my nose.
Then came the braces, whole nine yards besides neck pull (they had been considering it).
Queue three years of frequent tightening, pain and whatnot, then at 18 they came of, lost my retainer just before summer. My teeth moved enough to justify a second course of braces (that went on for a year).
Another year wtih braces, and my teeth still end up slightly crooked.

You know what the fun part is? It didn't cost me a dime. Hell, even the braces after I turned 18 were paid for by the state (which I should have paid for).
>>
>>35094396
They are not that bad anon. Start brushing them anyways at least 2 times per day. Trust me
>>
>tfw take care of teeth and don't eat much junk and drink only water
>still get cavities
>teeth falling apart
>only 24
what did I do to deserve this bullshit
>>
>>35094473
milk
do you drink it?
>>
how do i clean my tongue
>>
>>35094528
My toothbrush has special ridges on the back of it, I just rub the hell out of my tongue for a little while with it after brushing my teeth. If you don't have that just use the brush.
>>
>falling for the dental and fluoride jew
>>
>>35094617
give us your wisdom tooth-sensei
>>
Went to the dentist yesterday. I haven't been brushing my teeth since the year started. Just squirting toothpaste in and swishing it around.
Dentist told me I have several cavities and i need to get some molars pulled AND I'd need some train tracks.
I don't get it. I don't eat excessive amounts of sugar yet some how i get cavit(ies)??
After i brushed today my gums started bleeding and they hurt like heII now.
>>
>>35094881
whenever i brush it's like a murder scene.

but then again it's more like a genocide when i shave so no big deal.
>>
I was there just yesterday as a matter of fact

Got two cavities filled
>>
>>35094962
>obvious case of gingivitis
>no big deal
Jesus christ.
>>
>>35094473
You do eat sugary shit though, it's in everything.

>>35094881
>I don't eat excessive amounts of sugar yet some how i get cavit(ies)??
Because you dont clean your teeth? The modern diet is literally acid.
>>
>>35094962
>>shaving
>be dark skin
>get razor bumps
Why
Also sorry for your gingivitis, anon.
>>
>>35095228
Anything that isn't meat or veg will contain a fuck ton of sugar and wreck your teeth. Simply carbs like bread, crisps will, everything.
>>
>>35094962
>>35095254
>but then again it's more like a genocide when i shave so no big deal
>get razor bumps

Please detail your shaving routine
>>
>>35095266
why didnt that quote work?
>>
Yesterday I brushed my teeth for the first time in 2017

My teeth are almost 40% silver 60% teeth from all the fillings I've had.
>>
>>35095302
I think the problem is that I go over the same spots more than once. But in detail:
>hold a damp towl on my chin and neck
>5 minutes later
>apply thick coat of shaving cream
>run warm water over the razor
>shave against the grain
>like i said go over the same spots a couple times because my beard doesn't grow evenly.
>wash hair out the razor when it gets to full
>when done, wash off excess shaving cream with warm water.
>>
Ex- Coca Cola addict here

Trust me, the biggest things you can do for your teeth is drink just plain water.

When i was younger, my mother only gave me soda, because she was addicted to it herself. It did a number on my teeth, obviously.

I'm 20, and luckily i stopped, but the only thing I would drink fluid wise was coca cola, and it fucked up my teeth. There was a study where a guy left his tooth that got pulled out in some coca cola, and by 24 hours inside the cola, it turned black and gummy like.

TL;DR: Drink water, coca cola fucks up your teeth.
>>
>>35095464
>damp towl
Hot damp towel right?

>run warm water over the razor
I let mine sit in the hot sink for a little while but it's not that big of a deal. What kind of razor do you use?

>shave against the grain
Always shave with or across the grain first, then against the second time.

> go over the same spots a couple times
Do you re-lather when you do that or not?
>>
>>35095505
Can you even drink it anymore? I had a similar upbringing to you, when I finally switched to water and tried a soft drink after months it was so fucking fizzy and hard to handle. Blows my mind I used to gulp it down religiously.
>>
File: 0020.png (106KB, 389x520px) Image search: [Google]
0020.png
106KB, 389x520px
The qt Indian dentist swabbed my mouth/lips for me last time since I'm such a useless spaz. That is the most interesting thing that's happened to me at the dentist.
>>
>>35095533
No, i can't drink it anymore. Last time I did, I threw up, burping like crazy, and I started to get some really bad headaches.
>>
>>35095405
why do you allow this. you will have no teeth in a few years
>>
>>35095617
I don't know. I'm fat as fuck too, I eat whatever I feel like any time I want. My hair is long just because I haven't cut it in years.

I just don't take care of my body.
>>
I don't brush my teeth and drink soda/sugary drinks everyday.
>>
>>35093251
My teeth were fucked from the beginning, trait I got from my mum. God I hate it, it wasn't even fixed, so here I am a 22 yr old buck tooth loser
>>
File: DSC_0068__Desktop_Resolution_.jpg (50KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0068__Desktop_Resolution_.jpg
50KB, 640x428px
>>35093251
Mines are clean AF, but I got a friend who's teeth are like that
>>
>>35094509
calcium isn't "consumed". this is a very common misconception. rather, you need vitamin d. your body makes its own calcium.
>>
File: 1482723800347.png (423KB, 749x654px) Image search: [Google]
1482723800347.png
423KB, 749x654px
My teeth are fucked, haven't been do the dentist in 8 years cause I've had no dental insurance...
I know I have some cavities, but thankfully I feel no pain yet..
>>
>>35095835
>haven't been do the dentist in 8 years cause I've had no dental insurance...
Lol America
>>
>>35095883
I know man, it sucks.
I need a job..
>>
File: 14879522601031236268741.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
14879522601031236268741.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>35095516
>right. I use hot damp towel.

>pic related is what i use

>i didn't know you had to shave WITH it first

>Yes. Its why i warm the razor. When I can feel the heat on my skin I know it's time to apply more cream.
>>
>>35095315
I think I accidentally the post when I tried to put auto update.
>>
>>35093251
Went in December when mommy forced be if I wanted to eat tendies for dinner.

0 cavities so I got pizza too.
>>
>>35095078
I mean... I swish toothpaste around in my mouth and combine it with mouthwash. I thought that would cut it?
>>
>>35095505
>tfw my parent fucked my teeth up like this
I'm gonna be wearing dentures in 5 years if my teeth don't kill me first.
>>
File: 1399434153072.jpg (128KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
1399434153072.jpg
128KB, 500x727px
>>35095953
>xtreme triple blade fusion power for your closest shave ever goyim
Trash that shit and buy either a safety razor or a straight razor (safety would be better at this stage). 5 blade tier razors are just a kike meme to sell over priced razorblades. Also buy yourself a taster kit of double edged razorblades (you can find them on amazon prettty cheap), use them and see which brand gives you the best shave. Also buy yourself a decent quality shaving cream and badger brush.

>i didn't know you had to shave WITH it first
Yup, it prevents irritation.

>When I can feel the heat on my skin I know it's time to apply more cream
The time to apply cream is when you have shaved over that area.

My routine (not perfect, still things to learn but it works)
>fill sink with hot water
>use hot water to rinse face for a while (I should buy a flannel for ease of use)
>soak blade while doing so
>wet brush, shake excess and dip into pot of cream
>dab brush all over face to create lather
>shave across grain ONCE, careful not to go over any areas i already shaved
>rinse face with hot water
>re-lather and shave against grain
>rinse face again and check for missed spots
>re-lather and have ONE more attempt at missed spots, if you miss a spot then leave it, no more than 3 shaves, 2 is best
>rinse face with cold water

Check this out: rebbit.com/r/wicked_edge/wiki/index

It's worth putting in the effort to learn this because not only will you avoid razor burn and rashes and shit, you can achieve a closer shave and also save money in the long run. Plus it's manly as fuck.
>>
I stopped brushing them a few months ago. I haven't notied much difference. I have bad gum disease whether I brush or not.
>>
File: 1389413698069.jpg (22KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1389413698069.jpg
22KB, 512x384px
>>35095787
>your body makes its own calcium
Boy do I love american education
>>
>>35096052
>I mean... I swish toothpaste around in my mouth and combine it with mouthwash. I thought that would cut it?
Thats like saying rain will wash a car. You need to clear out the food between the teeth and in the gum line, only physical force will do that. Even then it leaves food between teeth so you need to floss to get it all.
>>
>>35096591
Wow. Thanks, anon. I've been using disposable razors and electric razors this whole time. I never thought that might contribute to this irritation on my neck and chin. I'll try your way. Thanks
>>
>>35096748
B-but it hurts...
What if I end up causing more harm then help? I have insurance and I'm open to dentures but I don't want to go to the dentist, all embarrassed because I ended up demolishing my gums...
>>
I didn't go to the dentist for 10 years out of fear and thinking I'd kill myself anyways.

These days I have to go and get them cleaned every 3 months since they build up ridiculous tartar. My dentist says that my saliva is low ph and high in minerals which makes them look gross faster but actually keeps the enamel strong.

I didn't get any cavities during that 10 year period but I got bad gum recession.
>>
>>35096794
Yes it hurts, but if you keep doing it they will get healthier, and then tougher, stronger, and not hurt. Trust me ive been through the same thing, gums hurt if you dont clean them, not if you do.

Just go to the dentist they see much worse, just admit you only just started giving a shit.
>>
File: notleteeth.png (1MB, 1234x924px) Image search: [Google]
notleteeth.png
1MB, 1234x924px
things are going really badly, this shouldn't be happening these are adult teeth
>>
>brush, floss, and rinse daily
>still get one cavity a year
>>
>never had a cavity
>teeth health is always perfect
>they're yellow as fuck

One of the things that retains me from smiling
>>
>>35093251
I think the little triangle shaped gap at the bottom of where my two front teeth has gotten a little bigger, I asked my mom and looked at some older pictures and it didn't seem drastically different but either I never noticed in when touching my teeth or looking at them or it's gotten bigger. I'm going back to the dentist in august or something so I'll ask then. I'm also probably going to get my wisdom teeth taken out which I'm not looking forward to.

My teeth aren't that bad and I've never gotten a cavity but they're moderately crooked and the gum is receding a bit just because I spent like 2 years brushing very irregularly. Like it was not a big deal to go a week without brushing. Since about December I've been trying to brush and floss twice daily, but I don't think I've brushed them in two days. I think my teeth make me look younger than I am, and by 25 I'll decide if getting invisalign and wearing a retainer for the rest of my life is worth it.
>>35093430
>being given the choice of having braces
Biggest fuckup my parents made besides having my dick cut as a baby. Both of them had braces as kids, even though their families were poor as shit. They should have forced me to get them, the dentist said "it would only be for cosmetic purposes" and me being a kid I didn't care at all and my mom gave me the choice.
>>
>>35093460
>AngloMovesToAmerica.jpg
>>
>never eat sugar or drink soda
>not even fucking bread
>used to get cavities and bloody gums all the time
How the fuck did people survive 10,000 years ago? I eat literally NO fucking simple sugars.
>>
>>35097609
Just get them cleaned.
I've got a number of cavities and yellow stained teeth and I don't give a fuck mostly, though one of my fillings came out months ago and I haven't gone back yet.
>>
>>35097871
>How the fuck did people survive 10,000 years ago?
They ate nothing but hard foods low in sugar and didn't give a fuck about bad breath.
>>
Got braces when I was 17, 8 years later I'm doing p good. Although I do have a talon tooth on my right incisor next to my canine. Dentist said he'd never seen anything like it.

Pic is not me but that's what a talon cusp looks like. Mine was a literal spike fused to the back of my tooth before I had it shaved down.
>>
>>35097871
Some of us are just cursed with shitty bone integrity. It's not your fault. You should my gums. They're beautifully pristine and exemplary yet my teeth crumble away, regardless.
>>
>>35097943
>Got braces when I was 17
Do you still wear a retainer?
>>
>brush teeth everytime after I eat
>fangs are still yellowish
FUCK. I also have really ugly teeth since I was a coward when I was a child, so, I don't really know why I put so much effort on them.
>>
>>35098036
A permanent retainer? Yeah I have the bar glue to the back of my teeth with a slight protrusion where the talon cusp is.

I have a temporary one as well but I don't wear it. Tried it on a few days ago and still fits after a few years of not using it so I guess that's good
>>
File: 1477950632163.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477950632163.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>drink 2 energy drinks a day, have done for ~5 years
>also smoke daily for longer
>didnt brush my teeth from the age of 14-25, only started this year doing it twice a day
>only one cavity, small bit of plaque and one of my teeth has a receeding gum

all in all, I'm way better off than I really should be.
>>
yellowish white...get a bit sore sometimes but i think that's cause i clinch my teeth together too much. might be cavities tho, haven't been to a dentist in years.
>>
>>35098123
Did it keep you from speaking normally?
>>
NIGGA I SMOKE SHARD AINT BEEN TO A DENTIST IN SIX YEARS NO CAVITIES MAN THIS SHIT BE CLEAN
>>
File: opsieawholesixpack.png (405KB, 509x680px) Image search: [Google]
opsieawholesixpack.png
405KB, 509x680px
>>35093251
Mine are pretty fucked. But I have inherited every shit gene known in my family's legacy. Doctors say I'll be lucky to make it past my 30s. So I guess I can live happy knowing I'll outlive my parents and they have to pity me into letting me dwell in their basement.
>>
>>35098278
go fuck a dog
>>
I feel like teeth never caught up with human evolution.

So many problems.
>>
>>35097943
ahah fuck i had that too, though it was wide, i got it moved with braces, took a long time.
>>
File: Gondola wave.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola wave.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>35093251
Went today, nigger. Feels good.
>>
>>35098127
>>35098278
>>35097833
>all these people claiming no cavities
They're between your tooth and will hurt soon
>>
>>35098468
im devito and I didn't claim zero cavities, quite the opposite.
I'm also well aware they appear between your teeth, and nope, still just the one. part of me starting to actually brush my teeth this year was going to a dentist to see where I was at.
>>
>>35098468
I don't drink soda or juice or anything regularly, though. I drink like a gallon of water a day so my teeth are never just collecting bacteria for hours on end
>>
>>35098247
No it just made my tooth jut out from the rest
>>
File: Screenshot_20170224-141552.png (358KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170224-141552.png
358KB, 1440x2560px
>>35096591

Get a fucking buzzer, a well taken care of shadow looks way better than clean shaven. Also no matter how much cream you use your still dragging a razor across your face which is way more danaging.

Pic related its what i use
>>
File: receding-gums.png (662KB, 510x329px) Image search: [Google]
receding-gums.png
662KB, 510x329px
I have receding gums, what do? I brush my teeth twice a day, drink only milk and water.
>>
>>35095787

>tfw no one told me vit. D is vital to calcium uptake because kids were still expected to run around in the sun all day
>>
>>35099039
I have this too and I never had cavities or any other problems. Look up proper brushing technique.
>>
>tfw one of my molars snapped in half once just from eating a soft french fry
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.