[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapy thread, "new name same shit" edition. Hey

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: normie_advice.jpg (96KB, 1006x768px) Image search: [Google]
normie_advice.jpg
96KB, 1006x768px
Therapy thread, "new name same shit" edition.

Hey /r9k/, resident normie here. If you need some advice, have some questions to ask or just want to get something off your chest and vent for a bit, here's the place to do it. No such thing as a stupid question here(:

>inb4 get off my board normie reeeeee
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>>
I feel like the ultimate failed normie. I've been told I'm attractive, not just by family, I've been with one girl before, and I'm trying to get /fit/ right now, but nothing ever changes. This is the worst I've ever felt emotionally, and I want to physically harm others around me for how easy they have it for not being socially awkward. I ironically disliked girls at the start but now I absolutely resent them.
>>
>>35093084
I'm sorry to hear that man. What exactly is your problem with going out and talking to people though? Being attractive doesn't do much as of itself, but it will help others be friendly to you should you go and talk to them; however, you still need to make that step.
>>
>>35092999
I work with a girl I'm in love with. We're both with partners at the moment, but she's flirty with me, and I'm flirty with her. I know if I make a move I will get sent to hr, lose her as a friend, possibly be confronted by her fiance, and be on thin ice with my long term girlfriend.
I know it's not worth it, but every day it takes everything that I have from kissing her and groping her ass.
>>
>>35092999
WHy the fuck do they not sell adult size velcro shoes, like the velcro shoes i had when i was 4 were hella dope and now its all fucking laces and shit. FUCK THAT BRO! tying shoes take 5 fucking seconds with my FAT FUCKING AUTISTIC FINGERS, I hate it. with velcro shoes i dont even need to bed over to tie my shoes 1) that shit sticks 2) i can just use my foot to fix it if in a blue moon my velcro should fail me. This shit prevents me from getting laid because im trying to have sex while my shoes are untied! FUUUUCK! I hate when those little nigglets untie themselves just to keep me a virgin. FUCK LACES!
TL;DR velcro shoes get you laid
>>
>>35093141
Damn man, what about your fiancee? Listen, I definitely wouldn't go for this girl, cause it's just not worth the risk - it's better to have a flirty platonic friend than mess up so many things in your life, but the bigger issue is you not really wanting to be with the girl you're supposed to marry. What's happening there?
>>
File: 1487937524990-1106564668.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487937524990-1106564668.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>>35093158
Velcro was pretty great. It's a shame they don't sell them in adult sizes, but you could try those shoes without laces - they serve the same-ish purpose.
>>
>>35093192
Ive been with my fiance for four years. Everything is good there. It's just too routine and domestic sometimes.
>>
File: 1486469742007.jpg (58KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1486469742007.jpg
58KB, 900x850px
>>35092999
Nice trips

>its another episode of anon uses r9k as a discount psychologist

I hate myself.
Its the worst because my family loves me.
I want nothing more than just beeing relieved from the pressure to be successful.
Killing myself is the only option I guess. Maybe I am depressive I dont know.

The worst thing is that there is no need to hate myself. Im pretty average looking, 6'2 and have a decent life.
Bought a car, got a new and good job and still have more than enaugh time to get a gf.
>>
>>35093261
I used to see mine once a week or so, so that's a pretty regular frequency. To be honest, there is no "normal" frequency, cause it all depends on the person and the amount of time they need to deal with their issues.
>>
>>35093277
Fair enough. Yeah my advice would be to not risk it.

>>35093286
Yeah that arguably makes it worse - when you're depressed and you feel like there's no reason for you to be, which in turns makes you feel worse and drives you deeper down. My advice would be to go talk to a real doctor, tell him your issues and figure out what you can do about them, because they can do so much to help depressed people (helped me and a lot of my friends, at least). Good luck in your endeavours and glad to hear that you're at least living life well.
>>
>>35093362
She was the one who recommend I see her twice a week. I have suicidal ideation every day.

Idk if those help with giving you an idea of what I'm asking about.
>>
>>35093468
I mean, she's the doctor, I'd trust her assessment of the situation. It sounds pretty correct to me desu. Are you on anything to help you with that?
>>
How could I start to socialize? I have literally no friends. I have good hygiene but my social anxiety kills me, I feel like everyone wants to see me in a bad position.

I didn't talk to anyone at the beginning of the year in college and now the groups are made.
How can I recover from that, norman? Is it too late for me?
>>
>>35093638
Yeah there are plenty of ways to recover. You need to put yourself "out there", so to speak. A good way would be to join a society you're interested in trying and talking to people there. They usually have socials where people drink, chat and have fun, and you should be able to make friends there. Don't worry, there was plenty of opportunities to make new friends. Can you talk to people ok?
>>
>>35093496
Currently trying out viibrid. I've been on Zoloft and cymbalta in the past.
>>
>>35093695
Ah fairs. I'm currently on Sertraline (the UK name for Zoloft), and it helped me a bit, but good luck with yours(:
>>
>>35092999

I'm beginning to feel like "the ultimate redpill" is the need for compassion. That the things going wrong in my life are developed from having spent so much time on 4chan. If even random women seen from a distance are "ROASTIE WHORES" and any guy slightly bigger is "FUCKING CHAD" and every last race has some awful kneejerk reaction...

How do I stop? Become a good person? Because I think the reason I spend all my time here with "my kind" is because I've lost my ability to care for my fellow man.
>>
>>35092999
gonna go to a special college with autismos in it. Do you think I'll find a qt girl like Tomoko?
>>
>>35093665
I can talk ok with people I know, recently with the lack of social interactions I'm more and more a sperg with strangers. I'm basically a loner since puberty.

Also, I'm 20 and I never drank alcohol in my whole life. So, it's not the easy way for me. I'm in a vicious spiral, don't know how to socialize with people of my age, so don't try to socialize and no friends without even trying.
>>
>>35093721
/r9k/ is poison for the mind, and I only managed to get out of the whole "I'm a nice guy why don't girls like me they must be whores" mentality by dating a girl with the exact opposite SJW views, and helped me find myself a spot in the middle. First of all, give yourself a little break from 4chan, and try to explore the other ideologies out there - it will hopefully help you find some perspective.
>>
>>35093748
Maybe. Tbh I think that "special" girls are more trouble than they're worth. It's hard enough dealing with a regular girl, I can't imagine how much worse it must be to deal with a socially awkward autistic girl.
>>
>>35093761
How comes you've never tried alcohol? And basically what I do with strangers is I say hi to them in a social setting (in a society, out drinking, etc) and ask them several questions about themselves, trying to find something in common or just find out what they're passionate about, and then just get them to talk about that.
>>
>>35093874
I live with my obsessive straight edge parents most of the time, I have had an apartment but with no friends and no girlfriend it was useless expense.
How would you do in college to socialize? I feel like it's my only chance for this year, it's too late for sport activities in February. I will have new groups in tutorial classes soon, it may be a new start. I just have to know what I need to do.
>>
>live on campus at college
>fairly facially attractive and can carry on a conversation fairly well
>stay in room all day except when I'm cooking in the kitchen
>on good speaking terms with a lot of people but no real friends
>don't really like spending money so I don't go out drinking a lot
>ego varies between being really high and incredibly insecure

I feel like I could be doing so much more but I'm not, could I have some suggestions please?
>>
>>35092999
Reposting because I got no (You)'s

> 3rd year undergrad of uni
> still friendless so make an effort the start of this semester to get involved with some clubs
> Go to Book club meeting, involves a bookshop crawl where we visit local shops
> Psych myself up before I go, literally stay in the bathroom for an hour splashing water in my face and telling myself you have to be brave and be amongst people
> I get there and I'm silent, I'm alone and awkward
> Fuck, it's happened again
> Chinese girl comes up to know more about me, seems genuinely interested
> I fuck it up by mishearing her 4 times and mumbling a response
> shit shit, I've fucked it again
> She gives me "that look" and slinks away embarrassed by me
> Have to tough this out, stay with the group
> Another guy, comes up and makes conversation
> Goes a little better discuss Hunter S. Thompson a bit but says I look very unapproachable and scowling before he made the effort
>I assure him that's just my resting face and I'm sorry if he got that impression
> Try to change my expression the rest of the time by holding up my eyebrows and appearing more open

Have I ruined my chances /r9k/? I feel like an ass involving myself with this, I just want a couple friends.
>>
>>35094001
>my resting face
I kek'd.
it's what happens when you're alone all the time, you project this aura of
>leave me the fuck alone
because you associate social contact with stress / fear of rejection
good luck getting rid of that
>>
>>35094076
This seems accurate, how do I go about fixing this. I think I just need to build some resistance by continually exposing myself to the source of stress.
>>
This thread seems pretty dead. Normie did go back to his normal life.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.