[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's an anon cutting his mom's side of the family

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: 45678987654567.jpg (4KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
45678987654567.jpg
4KB, 194x200px
>It's an anon cutting his mom's side of the family from his life episode
>>
File: Happy_Pepe.jpg (25KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
Happy_Pepe.jpg
25KB, 480x424px
bretty gud feel in my case
>>
I fucking resent them, especially my mother. she is a selfish, narcissistic piece of shit that would never in a million years commit a selfless act for own children. It's gotten to the point where it's become toxic to even communicate with her in any way.
>>
File: cryingwojak.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
cryingwojak.png
9KB, 205x246px
meant to reply to>>35088440
I'm on the verge of snapping right now and i just someone to talk to
>>
File: 1487404689124.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487404689124.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>35088399
>It's an anon would cut his father's side of the family out of his, but it was already preordained to be so from his birth
>>
>family cuts me off instead, because I took my wife's name when we married
>>
>>35088744
why, its a pretty cuck thing to do
>>
>>35088493
this

I fucking hate my mother
>>
I'm on the fucking edge. I want to follow my dreams, but my parents insist on staying local and just being a fucking cog in a machine.

I know /r9k/ is a terrible board to ask for advice, but what should I do? They're constantly pushing me down and away from the future that (IMO) is the definition of success.
>>
>>35088807
It made more sense than her having to change her name, and I hate hyphenated names. Also her last name is just plain better.
>>
>>35088832
Follow your dreams as long as you have the practical means to pursue them. What are you trying to go for and how are you qualified?
>>
>>35088859
lesbian or ultra nu-male beta cuck?
>>
>>35088859
its a cultural thing; the wife has to take the husband's last name, which is why your family disowned you.
>>
>>35088399
yes i doing that except its my fathers side
>>
>>35088832
what exactly are they doing?
Oooreeeegiooonoool
>>
>>35088877
I'm a guy.

>>35088886
>the wife has to take the husband's last name

Why though? That doesn't matter in this day and age.
>>
>>35088920
Thats pretty beta dude, I'd be pissed at you too.
>>
>>35088399
>It's another minding my own business and then I remember that I'm going to die one day episode again
That existential dread fucking stings the soul.
>>
>>35088874
Not that anon but same boat.

I want to do game design. I've been making them since 2003, started with rpg maker 2003. In that time I've become comfortable with programming, music production, and am actually in CC right now for art.
>>
>>35088874
I just want to motivate and connect with people. I want to play piano, make music, and write. Hell, even maybe write a play or Musical. I want to make people to feel.

I also want to motivate and push people. Like how Eliot Hulse or Joe Rogan did. I want to relate to people like the ones here on /r9k/, and other places. People that don't think that they have a purpose or fit in anywhere.

There's no real title for what I want. I have to grind my own path.

>>35088901
Constantly pushing the whole "take a local federal/ state job" meme. I understand it makes good money, but fuck. What am I to do? Work and suffer for 30 years to "secure retirement"?
And the other thing is: we go see movies and/or tell me things going on in the field they want me in, like it's gonna make me do it.
>>
>>35088493
sorry you grew up that way, I know it's especially hard when it's your own mother and nobody will take you seriously because of that. I'm likely going to arrive at that point too, for the sake of my own mental health
>>
>>35088920
It doesn't matter, lmao. Anyone who tells you the wife has to take the last name is literally too obsessed with their ego and is extremely self conscious.
>>
>>35088399
I've never had to cut anyone from my life because they all end up abandoning me anyway.
>>
>>35088399
Had to do the same with my dad's family. Well, more like they all abandoned me after my dad got charged for domestic violence, but it's for the best. They were abusive shitheads. You're doung the right thing. I know it's hard, but it really is for the best. I hope you find peace and live a successful happy life anon.
>>
File: kln.jpg (31KB, 273x244px) Image search: [Google]
kln.jpg
31KB, 273x244px
>>35088815
why are most moms cruel human beings
>verbally and physically abusive my entire life
>would buy me games and toys to shut me up and to stop bothering her
>dates a nigger that treats me poorly in middle school.
>both are "very devoted christians"
>also physically and verbally abusive
>leaves my mom during high school, thought i'd hear the end of it
>nope
>mom becomes more verbally abusive then ever before
>essentially gives up on me in high school
>the humiliation of having my friend's parents and my friends essentially do my mom's fucking job
>friend's parents teach me how to drive
>friend's parents take me everywhere and knows more about me then my bitch mom
>my dad lives in another state and occasionally sends me money
>too scared to confess to my dad that my mom is treating me like shit because i was scared of the whole "hurr durr, shes your mother and you have yo love her"
>friend lends me his car to take me to get my license
>move out
>do shitty in life, but at least im trying
>have better connection with dad, but still have a lot of pent up anger occupying mental space

I just need to go to a gun range or something, something to get the adrenaline going. But as of this year, im cutting all ties with her before she does any more psychological damage
>>
>>35089001
you need to do whats best for your mental health, even if it means cutting your parents out of your life. if it had to come to that point, then chances are, they didn't care enough about their relationship with you in the first place. the hard part is to not follow into their footsteps and repeat the same patterns to your kids
>>
>>35089000
There's following a dream that's possible and then there's disillusion. Can you currently do any of the things you want to do? A more realistic goal would be to become a trucker, work in an oil field, or even join the Peace Corps. I'm not trying to dissuade you from following what you want, though. If you don't have the skills now, you need to learn said skills.
>>
>>35088832
They don't matter, you matter. This is your life. You deserve happiness. Find a way to get out of there safely, and never look back. It's scary to cut off people who are all you know, but in the end it is always better to have leave loved ones who are toxic to you and have no one than to stay and end up hating your life. Trust me on this.
>>
>>35089062
This is a recurring theme in this stories: your mother will try to reach out to you claiming she's sorry about what she did and wants to make things right. Poor fuckers who have fallen for these croc tears only got themselves back in a situation they ran from. Cut her off permanently. Do not respond to any attempts at reconciliation. Your mother's a lost cause.
>>
>>35089137
this. can't teach an old dog new tricks. especially a real doctorated bitch
>>
File: hank.jpg (59KB, 774x581px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
59KB, 774x581px
everyone on my dad's side is cutting each other off at least partially. there's a history of kicking others when they're down, and there's no such thing as helping hand in this family. it's gotten to the point of bullying and people potentially fighting, my family has gotten it particularly bad.

my mom's side is going through problems too, mostly fighting for inheritance. although there's a better overall vibe, and it's all due to one person making things unstable.

>>35088493
i know this feel, my mom's had her moments like this. now she has good intentions and i appreciate that but she's unwittingly useless. let it all out anon

>>35088832
what do you want to do?
>>
>>35089213
>let it all out anon
i did
>>35089062
>>
>years ago
>be me
>never seen my dad often
>once a few months at most, him and mom divorced
>always partying with friends and drinking in Dominican republic, doing credit card scams and becoming so in debt for his own stupidity
>fucks other women, makes more kids, breaks up with them
>had him added on Facebook and all because at the time, I wasn't entirely aware of all this and while I didn't like him I guess I felt obligated to because "m-muh family"
>was / am bi and made pretty gay comments and stuff on my cover photos and whatnot
>he sees
>apparently shows to his side of family
>suddenly my sister asks if I'm gay, his entire side of the family knows, he tells my mom (who was fine with it)
>he never even fucking messaged me or tried to see me but once he finds I'm bi he suddenly cares
>I literally don't even know the fucking names of his side's family members yet all they're fucking doing is talking about me, not once before have they even acknowledged me till this point
>call him a piece of shit and delete him
>later on learn of his credit card shit, how he fucks and divorce, etc
>he comes visit me like 2 years after
>apologizes and says he loves me regardless and wants to be my friend
>literally said absolutely nothing in response and just waited for him to leave
>he never came back
>he never told my sister to tell me he said happy birthday or anything
>don't even know where he is or if he's even alive
And I've never felt better.
>>
>>35089213
see
>>35089000

Shame he hasn't responded to my advice since. I wouldn't be surprised if he went into defensive mode because of mental illness and his family is only, in reality, trying to protect him.
>>
>>35089095
I'm shooting for that, man. I'm dropping the shit they make me do every Thursday. I'm signing up for adult piano lessons, and I'm starting to dedicate more time to reading and writing.

The thing that is funny though, is that everyone in my bloodline has been in the military. They've taken orders their whole life. My grandfather is proud of that, but god I can see that he hates his existence by the look on his face. That he should have done more things. I don't want to die screaming.

>>35089129
Thanks, man. I'm not 100%, but I might go for dual citizenship in another country (Czech Republic, Hungary seem like pretty good options for what I want). I'm going to distance myself from their shit. They act like I'm a constant disappointment- mind you, I'm not a bad guy.
>>
>>35089246
>>35089265
Was typing both responses.
I really appreciate the replies though.
/adv/ is slow, so I didn't think it'd be good to post there.
>>
File: forced smile lain.png (212KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
forced smile lain.png
212KB, 500x357px
>>35089232
keep trying bro, you did the right thing moving out

>>35089246
go for it man, i'm sure that most people understand going into creative jobs that it's a road paved with thorns. they're adults and despite knowing that chose to do it anyway because it's what they really want. follow your dreams and all that good cheesy stuff i guess

>>35089246
>>35089232
I'm actually a bit drunk, and kind of bitter right now because no one in my huge family is bothering to teach me how to drive. despite the fact that i've expressed the urgency and how i really need a license for a job that could make my life just a little better. they're all just dicks
>>
My parents divorced when I was young (sub 5) and I haven't talked to my mother in over a decade. All I remember of her is my parents arguing over money.

Felt pretty bad when my dad got remarried, I hate my stepmother. But at the same time, I don't really want to try and contact my mother either.

mixed feels
>>
How do you do guys do it? Sometimes I feel that both of my parents are just terrible, completely irrational and closed minded people, but they still put on a happy face and be my parents. I feel that one day I'm going to snap and it's going to get ugly. I'm 21 and have no idea where I'm headed in life, I fear if I confront them about how awful they can be things will go to absolute shit.
>>
>>35089589
Talk to them and tell them how you feel. It will help you determine whether or not you need to leave and cut ties with them.
>>
is this a thing?
Hmmm maybe someone should investigate this as a cause of robots.
Literally everyone on my mother's side of the family is fucking insane.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-12 at 04.23.31).jpg (89KB, 552x541px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-12 at 04.23.31).jpg
89KB, 552x541px
>>35088886
>tfw grew up as a ward of the state
>tfw have absolutely zero attachment to my name

Should I ever find a qt to marry, I'll take her name in a heartbeat. Whatever family I had before disowned me before I was even cognizant, so there's no way in hell I'm continuing their line.

As a nice side bonus, my last name is pretty dumb sounding, arguably enough to warrant abandoning it for that alone.
>>
File: jj1yFbv.jpg (19KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
jj1yFbv.jpg
19KB, 245x213px
>Mom always had this coldness and distance about her. Not abusive, but never really felt like a "mom" to me. Never really showed appreciation for things me or my sister did.
>Kinda felt like she was just going through the motions of being a mom rather than really giving that unconditional love while expecting us to give it in return just because she's our mom.
>Turns out mom was kinda spoiled in relationships and literally never dated anyone else besides my dad when they met in high school.
>Bond super well with dad while growing up. We have a very similar mindset and perspective on life.
>Always come to him for life advice, get into friendly debates, all that good shit. He even opens up to me about his battle with depression when I was going through some similar shit as I was starting college.
>He dies of cancer before I finish my degree
>Since I'm the only sibling still living with her I'm stuck taking care of this emotionally crippled and needy woman who's never experienced depression or existentialism in her life before now.
>Nearly two years later, she's hardly gotten any better, and I feel like a douche because my empathy for her has run dry.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.