[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are southern accents so qt ? I just wanna find a nice southern

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1487518319460.gif (1MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487518319460.gif
1MB, 500x300px
Why are southern accents so qt ?

I just wanna find a nice southern guy and snuggle with him
>>
File: C2AAMCLVQAESU6Z.jpg (64KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
C2AAMCLVQAESU6Z.jpg
64KB, 720x715px
Howdy, where are you from??
>>
>Grew up in the south
>Never really think I have an accent, think other southerners have much more thick accents
>Talk to non-southerners
>They all make fun of me for my southern accent even though I don't think I have one
O-okay
>>
>>35086695
>tfw no ex-bourgeoisie french accent bf who lives in comfy, sustainable squalor
I don't even think french accents are romantic or sophisticated or whatever
They're just neat
Irish accents are pretty hot too
>>
>>35086800
That is very interesting, because whenever I read posts on /r9k/, my headvoice is accent-free. But obviously there must be a myriad of posters who have accents and also have accented headvoices.

When you read other peoples' posts, do they have an accent that is similar to your own?
>>
>>35086845
Not him but when reading my mental voice comes out like some snooty liberal teenager and it pisses me off. It's nothing like my voice though, I've always interpreted my mental reading voice as being someone else talking to me or a narration. I've tried to change it but I can't.
>>
>>35086695
>southern accents
Southern what accents?
>>
File: 1457104091080.jpg (80KB, 600x607px) Image search: [Google]
1457104091080.jpg
80KB, 600x607px
>>35086800
I grew up in Manhattan and never thought I had an accent either, until I moved to Florida when I was in 6th grade

People started teasing me for it and then I noticed
I learned to control it, and it only comes out when I'm really excited or really mad now
>>
>>35086845
Yeah, I read them in my own voice, so I guess I read posts in a slight accent since I apparently have a slight southern accent
>>
i am from the south and, in my experience, most of us don't think we have an accent until we leave the south and other people make it a big deal.

that being said, people from louisiana sound different than people from southern alabama and people from the lower appalachians sound different than people from savannah and so on. not all southern accents are created equal
>>
Any fembots on this board with a southern accent?
>>
>>35086901
>when reading my mental voice comes out like some snooty liberal teenage
That's hilarious. Do you think that sometimes, when you're oppositional towards someone online, it could be partially because the voice you invent for them bothers you?
>>
>>35086695
>from New Jersey
>lived in NC for over a decade
>literally every single person I ever had to speak to asked where I was from because of my accent
>recently moved back to NJ and can finally do simple transactions with people without being harassed about my origins
>>
>tfw from georgia and can't understand a word of what people from louisiana are saying

I can't understand a lot of British or Australian people either. Their words blend together in a thick incomprehensible slurry that sounds like they're completely drunk at all times.
>>
>>35087071
post a vocaroo of you saying the reply of the zaporozhian cossacks to the ottoman sultn
>>
>>35087071
Australian and New Zealand are easy for me. Even cockney. But I practically need subtitles for that "posh" british accent that I don't know how to properly name.
>>
>>35087032
Probably. I have an addiction to anger and am always mad about something. If I'm not mad I'll go read something that pisses me off or recall memories that piss me off. Maybe that's why I have that kind of mental voice. It pisses me off to hear it and feeds into my constant anger to get my rush.
>>
File: 1470595800933.jpg (38KB, 352x434px) Image search: [Google]
1470595800933.jpg
38KB, 352x434px
>>35087091
>the reply of the zaporozhian cossacks to the ottoman sultn
Don't remind me of that, lad. It's too funny.
>>
>>35087195
Are you going to vocaroo for me or not you stupid hick?
>>
>>35086939
That's pretty much me, except I'm from Mississippi originally. I think I've tamed it pretty well, but it shows really bad if I get excited like you said.
>>
>no cheers era woody harrelson bf
>>
>>35087091
I would but I can't. It doesn't work on a phone and I have no mic to use for my PC.
>>
>>35087239
Proof that southern hicks are subhuman trash
>>
>>35087206
I'm not the person you originally asked, you cretin.
>>
>>35087206
i'm from georgia and i can do this for you but i have a pretty gnarly sinus infection. do you still want this?

i am also a 23 year old man if that makes any difference
>>
>>35087268
Do it boy
>>
>>35087249
Too bad. Stay mad.
>>
>tfw no Southern drawl bf
>tfw no chance of getting a Southern drawl bf
WHY
>>
File: 1466852501464.jpg (17KB, 323x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466852501464.jpg
17KB, 323x400px
>>35087237
yeah
I think it's just the same for anybody who has a significant accent
>>
>>35087278
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0IDp5EVLs3N
sounds dumb
>>
>>35087459
lol dumb hick
>>
>>35087486
You post a vocaroo saying the reply then.
>>
>>35087533
He just did that the whole thing so he could continue to reply with his lame hick insult. He probably didn't even listen to it. Don't take this sort of bait.
>>
>>35086845

Accents are in many ways comparative. So someone with a "slight" Southern accent will sound accent-less to one with a moderate SA, who would in turn sound accentless to someone with a thick SA, and the other direction as well.

I know people from NY who live here a little while, and to my Southern ears they still sound practically like Brooklynese, but they say when they go back up north to visit, everybody tells them they have a Southern accent. It's all relative.

Regional accents are mostly based on vowels, and you can vary slightly along the spectrum and be one side or the other from someone else, who recognizes it as a "____" accent.

And then there are those of us, like me, who grew up around people of various regional accents and tend to mimic the one we're talking to. At work, I speak pretty standard accented English, then at home or around my family, I go into Southern and don't even know it.
>>
>>35087685
You sound like a freak anon. no offense
>>
>>35087685
Same thing happens to me. I sometimes , , without thinking about it, get a thick southern accent when speaking to those who have it aswell. I even accidentally started mimicking my friends step-father who is Scottish one time.
>>
Tfw you have a slavic accemt but you type in an Australian accent
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.