[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is moving to Japan really that difficult? I live in a 1st world

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 19

File: 1467433776493.jpg (63KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
1467433776493.jpg
63KB, 650x432px
Is moving to Japan really that difficult?
I live in a 1st world country with a skill set in programming and security and know a decent amount of Japanese
would they seriously turn someone down, or are they just worried about Hispanics, and Southeast Asians coming in?

and before you say anything, I know it's not a perfect anime land, but even with longer hours and less pay, there's a smaller wealth disparity than in America and it's away from my shitty family
>>
>>35086651
A seemingly cozy middle class life in Japan is still a fucking nightmare. Being foreign on top of that makes it ten times worse.
>>
>>35086651
It's the perfect place to live for the socially awkward.
>>
>>35086711
That's what I thought too
My Half Jap friend's mom would always complain about how loud and outgoing I was, but I'm a shy quiet guy comparatively i america

I can only imagine how much better I would get along in a culture that emphasizes politeness and isn't as loud
>>
File: 1460324019748.jpg (58KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
1460324019748.jpg
58KB, 525x503px
>>35086651
it's honestly a great place to live, especially as a skilled foreigner. I don't think the first responder has any clue what he is talking about, and probably has never even been to Japan before

Immigrating will not be too hard if you have a degree
>>
>>35086749
Let's be honest here. We all know the final goal is the qt jap waifu.
>>
American """expats""" to Japan (aka Sex Tourists) are looked at as a weird there.
>>
>>35086761
ok, I just heard that they have ridiculously strict rules for immigration compared to other countries, but I guess someone who has a degree and is a skilled white collar worker wouldn't really be denied a visa
>>
>>35086779
>>35086780
The goal is thinking about moving to a culture where I fit in better
the goal is to move, get friends and a job, and maybe get a wife and kids

I don't think I would qualify as a sex tourist then
>>
>>35086749
I always assumed Japs were less social, not only because of the "work culture" but also because the dialogue in anime is autistic as fuck sometimes, even in the ones that are meant to be serious/realistic
>>
>>35086651
Japs are EXTREMELY xenophobic.

You'd be luck to integrate into their society as a chad, if you're on here, you'll be a regect there too, even before they get to know you.
>>
>>35086861
between-sex conversations are awkward because they usually keep to themselves
schools are frequently sex-segregated and you hang out with your guy/girl friends from your job, where there's not a lot of the other sex

they also don't have the confidence Americans have. People forget that America has been the leading exporter of confidence for decades, even when we fall below other countries in other ways, we still think highly of ourselves and get out there to talk
>>
>Japan
>worried about hispanics

Are you an actual retarded person?
>>
>>35086919
They're not xenophobic. They see the trends of post-nationalist states and failed multiculturalism in other first-world countries and they protect themselves from it at the cost of an aging population.
>>
>>35086919
Nah, they'll love OP. He speaks the nihon-go. He just needs to bust out a 'why japanese people!' every now and then and he'll be the life of the party.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>35087017
>why japanese people
>white people can unironically make a whole career out of repeating three words over and over in Japan
>>
>>35087011
>Dislikes outsiders
>not xenophobic

Pick one faggot.
>>
>>35087054
Japanese comedians also make careers of repeating the same gag over and over. It shows how autistic the culture is. A confident american like OP will be drowning in manko.
>>
>>35087074
Did you not read what I said? I don't care what buzzword you want to use, you left-wing parasite
>>
>>35087131
I hate illegals, and I voted trump. But disliking anyone from another culture, no matter how good the reason is still xenophobia. It's not a bad thing, it's just the truth.
>>
>>35087232
you cornered me

eh, I was exaggerating anyway. It might be xenophobic by American standards, but not every nation is built to be a "melting pot"
>>
>>35086651
Have fun being treated as a second class citizen in nihon when you could have a comfy job here in the states
>>
>>35087300
I have a "comfy" job but sitting in an office for 35 years because it's safe doesn't really call out to me right now
>>
>>35087325
Just do it. You can always come back if it doesn't work out.
>>
>>35086651
Spic living in japan here.

I moved here when I was 16 (which was 5 years ago) and dropped out of high school here. It's pretty interesting, but not foreigner-friendly at all. Even if you can speak the language. I currently have citizenship because I married a japanese girl.

It's pretty hard to find a job here for a foreigner, but I'm a hs dropout, so if you have a degree and skills and experience, it might be easier for you. There are companies that hire english speakers as teachers etc.
>>
>>35087547
What do work as?
>>
File: 1459721050966.jpg (143KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1459721050966.jpg
143KB, 1280x1024px
>>35087547
>dropped out of high school here
did you not go to a English language high school?

Why did you move to Japan? What country are your parents from?

Is there any Japanese equivalent to community college or some form of vocational school? Could you not just lie about having gotten a diploma in your previous country?

How did you meet your wife? What does your wife do? What do her parents think about you?
>>
>>35087563
I compete in professional mma/shooto. I'm B-ranked with a record of 3-2 as of now, trying to work my way up. Huehue

I also work part-time and live in the bakery owned by my wife's family. Her dad is cool and not as xenophobic as other japs, so he lets me stay, and I bring like 50,000yen in from fights.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1268x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1268x720px
>>35087673
Damn there should be an anime about you. Did you marry the chick from Clannad?
>>
>>35087613
>did you not go to a English language high school?
No. The highschool I went to had a basic japanese language learning class that I was required to take with 2 other foreigners.

>Why did you move to Japan? What country are your parents from?
My parents are from Mexico, and I was raised in Laredo. My cousin had legal guardianship over me when I was 16, and since i lived with my mom who was crazy and institutionalized, she sent me to go live with my aunt and my literally autistic 30 year old cousin in Osaka, and I enrolled in high school here.

>Is there any Japanese equivalent to community college or some form of vocational school? Could you not just lie about having gotten a diploma in your previous country?
Yeah, there are cheaper colleges. It's just like other countries. There's big-name expensive places like tokyo, osaka kyoto university etc. and other places like vocational schools which teach you specific stuff. I never got to any of these, though. And as for the lying about your diploma part, I'm pretty sure they demand actual proof. I had to get my report card from laredo printed and sent here to get into high school here

>How did you meet your wife? What does your wife do? What do her parents think about you?
I met her in high school here. She works and lives at the bakery her family owns here. Her mom's absent but her dad is pretty cool and he likes me, considering he let me live and work with them.
>>
>>35087790
Should also mention I have a kid, a 3 month old daughter.
>>
>>35087790
How did you gain japanese citizenship? Do you have to renew your visa every 3 months or what?
>>
>>35087866
I married the girl I knocked up. The government just grants you citizenship if you marry one of their citizens.

Before that though, I had an extended 180 day visa from the athletic commission which I renewed like once or twice because of shooto. Before that I just had a student visa because I was enrolled in high school.

You can get a working visa too if you find a place to sponsor you while you work for them.
>>
>>35087790
>my aunt and my literally autistic 30 year old cousin in Osaka
wtf were they doing there?

random ass mexican obaa san just living in japan taking car of a mentally disabled man?
>>
>>35088008
>wtf were they doing there?
My aunt married a jap and her autistic daughter is a half-breed.
>>
>>35088021
tfw no autistic christmas cake haafu
>>
File: 1460738727906.jpg (267KB, 594x867px) Image search: [Google]
1460738727906.jpg
267KB, 594x867px
>>35088021
how autistic is she exactly?

can you talk about the Japanese mental health system
>>
>>35088074
She's pretty autistic. Her name's Marian. She can sort of communicate and understand what she's being told. She talks to herself and makes noises. If she gets upset she starts beating her chest and talking to her hand.

She's really good at cooking/cleaning/housework and keeps everything organized exactly. If it's out of place, she'll beat her chest.

The japanese surprisingly take good care of their disabled. Marian has a job working at a community center with old people and other mentally disabled people.

They even host festivals and games for mentally disabled/retarded folk to participate in, and a lot of them have menial jobs.
>>
>>35087825
What's your daughter's name?
>>
>>35087825
>a 3 month old daughter.
post pic of daughter in a yukata/kimono

Do you feel it's important to instill some form of Mexican / Latino culture in your daughter while raising her or do you not care too much?
Where is your dad in this picture?
How did your aunt meet her husband?

you have a pretty interesting family anon
>>
>>35088313
My kid is only 3 months. She can't even stand up. She just sleep, eats, and makes noises. Getting her in a yukata would be sorta difficult as of now.

>Do you feel it's important to instill some form of Mexican / Latino culture in your daughter while raising her or do you not care too much?
I don't really care. She's getting partially raised by her japanese family, but I speak english to her.

I speak spanish to my dog, though.

>Where is your dad in this picture?
In federal prison in the U.S. He's got like 10 years left.

>How did your aunt meet her husband?
I don't know. I don't even know whether he's dead or just dipped out. I never asked my aunt about her husband

>>35088184
Her name's Anna.
>>
File: 1459319397371.png (151KB, 784x949px) Image search: [Google]
1459319397371.png
151KB, 784x949px
>>35088433
dude do you ever feel kinda bad about how fucked up your life is?

Do you ever just kinda realize that other people's lives are not really like yours?

It sounds like now at least your life is more stable than it was before, obviously I have no clue what your circumstances are so I shouldn't talk, but still...

I know I am just an anonymous stranger on the internet, but please, don't let your daughter have as fucked up a childhood has you've had. Japan has a very good primary and secondary education system, you are lucky for that - make sure she does well in school.

Don't let her date boys like you in high school.
>>
>>35088433
How old are you and how old is your wife? Did you propose to her?
>>
File: 3455233.jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3455233.jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
>>35088581
My life doesn't really feel all that bad and fucked up.

I mean, sure I never knew my father and I dropped out of high school, but I'm doing fine right now. I got this pro fighting thing, and my girl's bakery to fall back on.

'least I don't smoke meth anymore.

>>35088677
I'm 21, and she's 12, turning 20 next month.

The whole pregnancy thing was unexpected, but her dad is cool with me and sorta said I might as well marry her and move in and help raise the kid.
>>
>>35088737
>she's 12
19* lol kinda high right now
>>
File: 1463190198434.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463190198434.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>35088737
post a pic of your wife anon

let's see that jap qt booty
>>
>>35088761
What're you high on? Alcohol+benzos here
>>
>>35088797
Just weed. Nice quality 3g bag I got for 5k.

The drug-stigma is really high here though, so I really have to keep it on the down low. I only smoke on the patio when everyone's asleep/gone. I can hold the baby and blast a quick bowl on the patio without making a sound.
>>
>>35088854
how do you get weed in nihon?
>>
>>35088854
Where do you get weed in Japan? You mentioned you're an MMA fighter. Don't you get drug tested?

What kind of scum do you have to be to consume drugs while holding your infant daughter?
>>
File: 1457707913404.png (179KB, 386x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457707913404.png
179KB, 386x480px
>>35088737
Where are you nihonanon? What's the bakery called?

I will come to your bakery one day
>>
>>35089032
>Where do you get weed in Japan? You mentioned you're an MMA fighter. Don't you get drug tested?
I have a friend who has a connect for weed. Dro is rare, but you can find that too. Hash is more common. It's mostly other foreigners who sell it ironically. Japanese people are snitches. And I've only ever competed for Shooto. And there are no drug tests. At all. Like, really. Everyone could be roided up for all I know

Nothing wrong with smoking while holding my kid, too. She's not gonna remember any of this, and i don't blow the smoke anywhere near her.

>>35089042
It's just called Rikuro-Ojisan no mite located in Higashiyodogawa-ku. (I couldn't type it in hiragana) Come visit. Forreal.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (38KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
38KB, 640x479px
>>35089153
>Rikuro-Ojisan no mite

pretty cute stall anon
>>
File: k00063-05-min.jpg (72KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
k00063-05-min.jpg
72KB, 550x550px
>>35089153

wait is this a fucking chain?

How rich is your wife's family exactly
>>
>>35087547
>high school dropout
>its hard to find a job because im a spic
did you consider its because you failed basic education? What do you have going for yourself? Why would i risk hiring you over say, anyone who didnt drop out of highschool? Youve also said you smoked meth so i cant imagine you look like the most presentable reputable character.

No offense but i think there are bigger issues than the fact youre a foreigner. You should really stop smoking dope now youve got a kid as well - its irresponsible (i know it wont kill you or anything but what example do you set?)
>>
>>35089283
Yeah, it's a chain. They've got like 3 in Osaka. They're like upper middle-class. Her father only owns one store, but he manages it entirely with his family.

I think other richer people own the actual chain.
>>
>>35089333
I never blamed the fact that I couldn't get a good job on my race or nationality. I fully acknowledged that it was because I dropped out of hs in my post.

And I've only had a couple meth binges during my downtime. Yeah, I may be a foreigner, but I can look presentable if I need to be. Physically, I'm very fit. I'm a pro athlete.

I bring money into the household and pay for my daughter's things. I think I deserve a couple discreet weed breaks every now and then. It's not irresponsible, right?
>>
>>35089433
>being this conceited
From the info you've given, it sounds like you just leech off your wife's father. Did you even marry her out of love, or just to gain citizenship? And I'm surprised her dad let you move in after knocking up his teenage daughter, no doubt making her life much more difficult in the process.

And how much money do you bring in? You mentioned you're a professional fighter, but even UFC fighters complain about pay. I imagine the pay isn't really that high for whatever low promotion you work for. Do you pay for the rent. Without him giving you a job and letting you live there, could you stand on your own two feet and support your wife and kid? You seem to just owe a lot to her father.

So no, you don't deserve a couple of weed breaks. Set a good example. You sound like a very immature and irresponsible person who happens to be a foreigner.
>>
>>35089574
>NEET projecting his problems onto man living the dream
>>
File: 1474005808374.png (105KB, 417x373px) Image search: [Google]
1474005808374.png
105KB, 417x373px
>>35089574
typical FUCKING SPIC!!! BAKKU TO MEXIKU GAIJIN!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
As a black anon, I don't think I could live there. Would love to visit and bring back a qt though.
>>
>>35086651
Unemployment is supposed to be quite high there. Also there's the fact that you will never have full civil and political rights.
>>
File: tsJyPD.png (60KB, 1428x454px) Image search: [Google]
tsJyPD.png
60KB, 1428x454px
>>35089913
>Unemployment is supposed to be quite high there.

????
it's literally one of the easiest places in the world to secure employment

it's not gonna be a good job but you are gonna be able to find A job
>>
File: 1487895045005.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487895045005.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
>>35089574
>wife's life is difficult now waa
Shiet she wasn't doing anything different before me and the kid. In hs she worked part time at her dad's place. After she graduated, she continued to do that.

>how much money i bring it
Shiet enough to pay for the ps3 that me, her dad, and her little sister play.

>dont deserve weed waa
I pay for my weed too.

Shiet.
>>
>>35089877

what is it with you people and wanting to carry off every other races' women? this is why the KKK existed: someone has to make you keep your hands to yourself.
>>
>>35086651
>Programming and security
What is control flow guard and how does it prevent exploitation
If you can't answer this question without Google you will not get hired for that skill set
>>
File: 1456050019542.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456050019542.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>35086651
Fucking weeb. Why would you want to go to Japan? Just move to a different city/town if you wanna get away from your family.
>>
>>35087790
Wow anon.... your life is very interesting and unique. I truly do mean that. A Mexican raised in America but with family in Nihon...
>>
>>35090042
How good is your nip and moonrune reading anon? Im a spic like you but lived in America my whole life but Im thinking of moving to Japan on a worker's visa since I love the respectful polite culture and peacefulness of the country. Im gonna start learning soon and give myself a year or two before I feel Im proficient.
>>
>>35087790
Lol, I'm from Laredo too lmao.
Are they really xenophobic? I'm studying Computer Science in mexico city at a good university.
I'm also white as fuck and blonde so don't know if they discriminate brown/white.
>>
>>35091714
>How good is your nip and moonrune reading anon?
After 5 years, I can understand and speak moon pretty well, though I prefer not to verbally speak it, speaking english when I can, or not talking at all. I can read katakana and hiragana normally but I suck at reading kanji.

The cost of living here is really high in Osaka, and in Tokyo even moreso. And I never finished hs so I could never get a good job aside from working in restaurants.

>>35091767
They can be pretty xenophobic, yeah. They're not like, outwardly racist or disrespectful, but they'll generally try to stay away from you if interacting with them means leaving their comfort zone.
>>
>>35091831
If they knew a gaijin spoke Japanese well, would they be inclined to speak to them normally or not? I know nip culture is pretty autistic in the sense that most people try to avoid speaking to strangers irl - i.e the opposite of how open Americans are to each other - so Im not sure if they avoid gaijins because of xenophobia or because they are like that with everyone or a little of both.
>>
>>35091831
Overall, how are you enjoying your life in Japan? What are some aspects you love and hate? Do you love the country? Are you glad you moved there?
>>
>>35086651
Since you can understand "a decent amount of Japanese", the biggest hurdle would be finding a company that would be willing to sponsor your visa. You could look into foreign companies with offices in Japan or search around for Japanese companies that are specifically looking to hire foreigners. Other than that, you could take the route that most people do: get a job teaching English for a while and transfer to a tech job after getting into the country.
>>
>>35086651
The best way to get in would be a work visa for teaching English as a Second Language, then while you're there try to find a software company that would be willing to hire you, and get you a more permanent visa.

I imagine that there are plenty of software companies interested in having an in house English speaker.
>>
>>35091831
I'm a weeb and social reject in the US. shy. was a chad though- so women would just come up to me. i dont like western women.

Im 6'3" blonde, but overweight now due to stress at work. thinking of taking a month off and going to japan. will I have success meeting women or no?
>>
>>35091875
About 90% of the people I interact with are native nihonjin, and since they know I understand moon, they just speak it like they normally would around me, though when I first met them this wasn't the case. There are certain people (my roommate and occasionally my wife) with whom I just speak english to entirely, and they respond back in their native japanese.

People who don't know me and know I'm a gaijin usually don't talk to me or just use simple phrases, but they always seem perplexed if you're able to speak back.

>>35091890
It was really sucky at first, but after the long adjustment period, I can say I enjoy my life. Got a kid to raise and I'm trying to make it somewhere with this mma career. I don't really love the country, but I don't dislike it at all.
>>
>>35091930
Depends on what kind of jap bitches you want. They won't just approach you, though.
>>
>>35092020
i will take anything at this point. as long as there is no roast beef
>>
>>35092028
Slutty club-going chicks or ganguro type girls will like you. Banging a gaijin guy would be appealing to them and even highschoolgirls know the whole "gaijin have bigger dicks" stereotype
>>
File: kpS5OYg.jpg (47KB, 448x786px) Image search: [Google]
kpS5OYg.jpg
47KB, 448x786px
>white losers going to asia thinking they'll become someone there

lmao maybe in the 1980s. now every white guy going to asia is seen as a predatory autist loser pedo and they're not wrong.
>>
>>35092057
degenerate but beggars cant be choosers i guess. best of luck to you. also my advice is try to drop the drugs
>>
>>35091964
Your wife can speak english?
>>
>>35091930
The meme that nip girls will swarm you for being tall and white comes from retarded U.S soldiers who think the nip prostitutes trying to get them in bed for money are representatives for the nip female population.

If you want to have a good time, it's fine but if you want to find a qt jap girl, you best avoid the gaijin obsessed superficial bitches.
>>
>>35092059
>loser
yea, no. im an athlete and an md/phd student that hates western women
>>
>>35092095
>still a loser who can't nab a girl from your own socioecnomic race so you prey on unintelligible flat asian women wishing they won't mind your autism
>>
>>35092077
I don't do drugs anymore.

But when I do drugs, they're so much better because I don't do them anymore.

>>35092088
>Your wife can speak english?
No, but she can understand it. The average nip can actually understand basic english, even if they can't speak any. Western music and movies are popular enough here, and they teach a basic english course in high school.
>>
>>35092095
thats a lot of assumptions and terminology you're misusing. read up a little and become smarter and maybe youll be worth engaging someday
>>
>>35092143
Your wife doesn't speak english at all with you? Any japanese people who speak english with you?

Also, what drugs can you get in Japan?
>>
>>35092125
>defending Stacys

Laughing at your life
>>
>>35092179
>Your wife doesn't speak english at all with you? Any japanese people who speak english with you?
No. I talk to her entirely in english and she responds back in her native tongue. The only nips that will speak english to me are fast food employees, 'cause they're encouraged to.

>Also, what drugs can you get in Japan?
Weed, hash, crystal methamphetamine, magic mushrooms, MDMA, designer drugs and k2

I've only ever tried the first three. Everything else I listen, I only heard of, but not seen.
>>
>>35092247
Wouldn't it be disrespectful and obnoxious to speak english in her family's japanese-speaking house?
>>
I also feel that Japan would be awesome for a quiet person who hates loud and extremely assertive people. Going to learn Japanese this year and maybe go there for living a comfy life far away from this chad shithole.
>>
>>35092276
I only speak english directly to her. Her father and the rest of her family, I speak in slow grammatically incorrect japanese or just nod my head and smile if I don't understand sometime. Sometimes I go "Ohh" too.
>>
>>35092287
How would you support yourself there, anon?
>>
>>35092314
How much of the language do you understand? How long have you live in Japan? Osaka, correct? Any other languages you know?

I'm thinking of picking up moonrune, wondering how long it would take me.
>>
>>35092326

Im a sysadmin and used to work in a cellphone repair shop. Also i love cooking, not expecting a qt waifu 3D gf or a good pay just a small room, healthy food and night walks far away from Chad, Stacy and Jamal.
>>
>>35092385
nice. dream a little about the 3dpd though... i am
>>
>>35092370
I can understand about 95% of what's on japanese tv. It's been 5 years, and I still speak english to the people i'm most comfortable with. I can speak spanish too, and speak it with my aunt.

Should mention that when I first moved here, I had jack shit interest in learning nihongo, and put in very little effort in learning, and only learned through being completely immersed in the language. And Osaka is really japanese.

I've met foreigners living here for less than a year, and go to an school which actually teaches nihongo, and they seem almost fluent.
>>
>want to move to japan
>no degree
my standards are low as fuck I just want a small place to live and enough money for shitty food and internet but there's no way I'm getting a visa
>>
>>35092471
theres a dude in the thread who's a high school dropout and is living successfully in japan. if you find a way, you might be able to do it
>>
What are my chances of living a comfy life with a degree in electrical engineering and a few years of programming experience in software? I dont care if I become a wageslave so long as I can get a comfy place where I can play vidya and maybe talk to some japanese locals
>>
>>35092287
It is pretty nice if you're like that. If you're from America, everyone will marvel at how "un-American" you are.
>>
>>35092498
>programming
not op but i think you have a shot
>>
>>35092464
How did you meet your wife? What's her first name? How did you end up with her? Please describe what she's like, her personality. etc. Just curious.
>>
>>35092492
the odds are extremely low, though.
I guess I could try but still
>>
>>35092563
Believe in yourself anon-kun.
>>
>>35092576
I can't even speak or read moon.
>>
>>35092552
I met her shortly after I moved here. She went to the same high school as me, and my aunt went to her dad's store a lot. I forgot exactly how I ended up with her. She was a year under me in class. About a year after she graduated hs, I accidentally knocked her up, and like a few months later had a quick, small marriage.

She's kinda weird and aloof. Like, she hung out with the other weird girls back in high school. She's pretty cool, though. Badass at cooking.
>>
>>35092370
I don't mean to hijack this thread from MMA-bot, but people are always complimenting me on my Japanese ability, and I've only been self teaching for a year. I know my grammar is broken, but Japanese is spoken in sentence fragments, so I think having a lot of vocab and good listening goes a long way. I also think people in Japan compliment my "ability" simply because I'm not a retard who expects everyone to know English just for me.
>>
>>35092984
How long have you been living there for a year as well as self-teaching? Speaking to natives and generally being completely in the middle of a foreign country is said to rewire your brain.
>>
>>35091930
>I'm overweight because of the stress, not because I'm eating like a sack of shit, I swear

kek, your brain is clogged with fat or you were born a retard, either way, kill yourself.
>>
>>35092077
I wouldn't give others advice about what to do if I were a fat fuck like you, you demented retard
>>
>>35092984
>people in Japan compliment my "ability" simply because I'm not a retard who expects everyone to know English just for me.
There's definitely a lot of this going on. Not going to lie, it feels a bit like I'm being treated like a baby at times. "Oh, you can use chopsticks! That's amazing!" "You can say 'konnichiwa' so well!" "Look at you eating that (insert Japanese food here) - you're such a sport!" I know there's no ill intent behind it, but it grates on ones nerves nonetheless.
>>
Dude listen, Japan is an amazing country with an incredible culture. It's a great place to visit. But you don't want to live there... To get by in any respectable manner you need to WORK your ass off. You have an easy working life in the west compared to this. You are also never going to TRULY integrate into society. Literally everywhere you go, until you open your mouth, people will assume you don't speak Japanese and treat you like a tourist. for the rest of your life. It's hard there man believe me. It's an incredibly regimented society with a bunch of unwritten social rules you won't understand. You're going to fuck up a lot and you won't even know it. You get the gaijin pass for sure, but it's hard to make real relationships.
>>
>>35093175
>It's hard there man believe me.
>believe me
And why should I do that?
>>
>>35086851
>muh nippon culture Xd le anime amirite
>>
>>35089732

>everyone who does/says something stupid or i dont like is a NEET/virgin/robot

Can you fags just get off this board?
>>
>>35093018
I taught myself for a year before moving and it was invaluable. Just being able to say simple things like "where is..." and "may I please have..." and "could you speak more slowly please" goes a long way. Shit like that doesn't take long to learn at all, but building vocabulary does. I don't understand much, but if I can pick out one or two words and know the context, it's enough to get buy.

Being immersed does help your listening comprehension more than anything. I still study kanji everyday. You can't expect to just pick up the language passively.
>>35093147
Perhaps, but in the US I never got complimented for anything. So I love it. An old woman complimented my tie yesterday. That would never happen in America.
>>
>You will never get a 19 year old jap girl pregnant
Why live.
>>
>>35093441
How long have you been living here?
>>
File: 1461749184467.png (28KB, 555x610px) Image search: [Google]
1461749184467.png
28KB, 555x610px
>>35086651
What is is with Hispanics and invading other countries? It's weird how your only instinct in life seems to be the leave a place you destroyed to go destroy someplace else. When that place is totally full of Hispanics and is unlivable, you go to another nice country and do it all over again.
>>
>>35093513
Seven months now.
>>
>>35093609
How long do you plan on staying?
>>
>>35093633
My contract ends in a year, but I just met a girl and I'm 99% certain she's a virgin, so if things work out I'm staying here forever.
>>
>>35090125

I'm already mixed so it doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>35093739
>I just met a girl
Don't jump the gun too badly, buddy.
>>
>>35094072
Same here, can't relate to the whole "preserving your race" thing.
>>
>>35094274

Brainwashing to keep people from going for what they truly want.

"Muh culture" is the worlds largest shackles I can think of.
>>
>>35093517
Why are you shitting up another thread with your uncalled for autism? Why can you neckbeards fuck off to /pol/?
>>
File: 1482802756345.gif (284KB, 277x407px) Image search: [Google]
1482802756345.gif
284KB, 277x407px
>>35091831
>They can be pretty xenophobic, yeah. They're not like, outwardly racist or disrespectful, but they'll generally try to stay away from you if interacting with them means leaving their comfort zone.

I am indian and I received nothing but respect

maybe because you are a methhead piece of shit who unironically thinks he can make a living in "professional fighting"

I bet I am stronger than you shithead I swear to god if I was in Japan right now you better be afraid

I would slam your puny skull into the ground so hard that every bone in your face would be permanently broken

your ass won't work right after I am done with you faggot
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.