[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>employers can legally check the Internet History of all applicants

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: black fingernail.png (43KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
black fingernail.png
43KB, 500x354px
>employers can legally check the Internet History of all applicants regardless of their intent to hire that person or not
>>
>>35082684
kek, what kind of job is this|?
>>
File: IT job.jpg (260KB, 1271x772px)
IT job.jpg
260KB, 1271x772px
So back in 2013 I was looking for another IT job with a recruiter. I had been on several interviews and was looking for a position that was closer to home.

A sysadmin position opened for a local document solutions company. This was great as it was only about 10 minutes away from home, shaving about 60 miles off of my existing commute. The job seemed simple enough, and I felt relatively confident about the position. I hadn't received any feedback from interviews up to that point, so I just went home keeping my fingers crossed as I was pretty excited.

The next day I get an email entitled, "Client Name Feedback". My heart rate spiked for a second and my tummy filled with excitement, as this was the first feedback email I had received! With wide eyes I opened the email only to see the following message:

I hope all is well! Per my voicemail, here is the feedback we received from your interview:

"______ looks to have only three years in actual IT work and that appears limited. His Facebook profile has some photos that are an immediate turn off - snapshot below. You may wish to advise him to refine those if he wants serious consideration."

SCREENSHOT OF EMAIL

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

I called and emailed the recruiter, apologizing for the album. Needless to say, I didn't hear back from the recruiter after this. At the time I was pretty devastated, but now I find it pretty funny. The client obviously had no sense of humor and I would have probably hated working from him if he was stalking my FB. Dodged a bullet more than likely. Wound up getting another job a few years later after I had more experience, and I'm glad I held out. :)

TL;DR: Unknowing had a FB album set to public. Went on an IT interview and the owner FB stalked me, sending screenshot of album to recruiter. Did not get job and recruiter dropped me.
>>
>>35082684
>legally
>any person

Hmm.....I wonder...
>>
File: 1487881388251.png (99KB, 258x330px)
1487881388251.png
99KB, 258x330px
>>35082898
>Using Facebook
>Having an album set to public on Facebook
>Posting cringy memes on Facebook
Get it together, lad.
>>
>>35082684

I have passed federal security checks and even they didn't read my internet history.
>>
So what if you don't use social media? Do employers simply not risk it or would it be in your benefit.
>>
The first step to peace of mind is having multiple firefox profiles.
>>
>>35082898
Those are fucking hilarious (for shitty plebian memes), and I would hire you in a heartbeat.
>>
>>35083834
>using your real name or real anything on facebook
wew
>>
>>35083884
Employers won't hire people with no social media background, I couldn't even land a job at a fucking McDonald's man
>>
>>35083884
These days NOT having a social media presence makes you look suspicious, like you've got something to hide. Even a bare-bones facebook is better then nothing in today's normie-centric world
>>
>>35084499
That's a load of BS m8. Maybe it's true if you're trying to land some shit-tier minimum wage job, but in the real world no employer is gonna give a shit if you have no social media presence.
>>
>>35084564
Maybe not regular social media, but many employers want a LinkedIn. At least when I struggle to find work I can blame it on employer bias.

t. STEMfag
>>
>>35084560
Damn that kinda sucks. Well, understandable but still.
>>
File: C4i9iaYVMAAAzU0.jpg (85KB, 1024x684px)
C4i9iaYVMAAAzU0.jpg
85KB, 1024x684px
>>35082684
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network
literally just use private browsing mode you fucking idiot
>>
>>35082684

i'd be done for if they ever saw what I fap to.
>>
>>35084633
Such is the world we live in, being a reclusive robot does have it's downsides
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.