[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people who were born after you, lived their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: 1434478495939.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1434478495939.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>There are people who were born after you, lived their lives and died.
>>
>>35063086
fuck
oripinoragil
>>
File: 1484688572490.jpg (14KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1484688572490.jpg
14KB, 224x217px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Shavershian

f-fuckin' zyzz, brah...
>>
File: 1485752803545.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1485752803545.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
>you're actually going to die one day

think about it, REALLY think about it

holy fuck
>>
File: 1487640264961.png (18KB, 424x426px) Image search: [Google]
1487640264961.png
18KB, 424x426px
>>35063169
This is unacceptable. Somebody should really do something about this.
>>
>>35063169
>There will be a day after your death
>It will just be another day and everything will go on as normal
>>
File: 1486338323286.jpg (28KB, 462x492px) Image search: [Google]
1486338323286.jpg
28KB, 462x492px
Do you think as you get older you start to worry about dying more?

Do people in their 70s just wake up every day thinking "holy shit i'm pretty old i really probably don't have that long left"

>worrying that you aren't going to wake up when you go to sleep is going to be a legitimate fear one day
>>
>>35063169
>tfw literally can not comprehend this
>>
File: wk7z'qso9.jpg (681KB, 1280x1202px) Image search: [Google]
wk7z'qso9.jpg
681KB, 1280x1202px
1995 - 2015

20 years

there are people who were born, lived, and died between those years. Any individual year was probably the best year in somebody's life

Many of those people had internet access. Many had used a computer or a phone at least once in their lives

Some of those people died in wars. Ukraine, Syria

Some of those people got to zoom around Sao Paulo or Hong Kong or Tokyo at night, on their motorcycle, with their music, maybe a little tipsy, maybe with a backpack full of booze, maybe with some cool games on their phone (or for the PS2...), maybe with a girl wrapping her arms around them on their back, maybe thinking of someone or imagining something and not really taking in what's happening

Some of those people might have cooked by the book, avoided degeneracy, listened to their parents, got good grades, got into good schools, died of cancer or car crashes anyways

Some of those people may have spent the past five (ten, twenty) years barely leaving their domiciles at all

Maybe they too thought they were wasting their lives
>>
>>35063187
Despite their evident sorrow/anxiety, the beings portrayed in these "awake at night" meme pictures always seem so fucking comfy in their beds.
>>
The lucky ones.
>>
>>35063410
My grandpa's 86 and he seems like he's ready to go. He jokes about it a lot
>>
>>35063086
And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.
But better than both
is the one who has never been born,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun.
>>
James 4:14

For what is your life? Certainly it is a vapour that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
>>
>>35063169
About once a month since I was a kid I've had moments where I'm overcome with a feeling I can't quite describe. It's like cold sweat, panic, dread and existential emptiness. It usually comes at night when I'm trying to go to sleep and make the mistake of thinking about the inevitability of the end of existence.

It keeps me up for a while. Of course the ironic thing is that I've completely wasted my life so far.
>>
what does it mean if a guy says to you "youre a legend"

does he think youre cool or aomething
>>
>>35063410

Yeah dude. Why do you think church is like 90% old people? They're making amends with the man upstairs.
>>
>>35065126
Pretty much cramming for finals.
>>
>>35063169
>>35064880
I know these feels, when I was only maybe nine or ten I grasped the idea of what of death was and I had panic attacks for a while after that, eventually forgot about for a few years, I can handle it better though now, no panic attacks.

I'd say those were some of the only moments in my life where I've felt real terror, my mind intellectually understanding the inevitably of death and what death was while still having the natural instinct against it.
>>
File: 1480208642969.jpg (64KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
1480208642969.jpg
64KB, 600x463px
>>35063086
tfw you've outlived Chads
>>
OP, I didn't need another existential crisis today, please have some mercy.
>>
>there are people who weren't born
>>
>>35063169
I don't really mind that I'll be dead one day. I care about my parents, friends, family dying and i'd rather die before any of them. To be honest I'm only 23 but I'm already tired of life. It has its good moments but they are few and far between. I can't imagine really caring about my death when I'm am old men. Instead it will seem appealing it already does.

You can never really be dead anyway. You exist. Then you don't. Nothing to worry about
>>
>>35063512
Some beautiful imagery there anon
>>
>>35065525

We call those people "The Lucky Ones"
>>
>>35063169
>tfw can only grasp the reality of this when I'm stoned

I don't like weed anymore for this very reason.
>>
>>35064905
I think it just means you're funny/interesting enough to tell stories about to other people. Sometimes it mean's you're cool or you did something impressive too.

You can probably figure it out if you think about what you did in front of him to make him say that.
>>
>>35063410
Now I may not be old enough for it to fully hit me, but I've noticed that death worries me a lot less than it used to when I was younger.
>>
>>35065240
I was exactly the same senpai, I had panic attacks whenever I thought about death all the way through my childhood.
>>
>>35063624
best bible verses
>>
>>35063512
think about this shit every day lad
good post
>>
>>35065172
I want you to know that this comment made me make a noise. It wasn't really a laugh but it was like a "hmmmhuu". Top notch comment lad
>>
>>35063169
Then you'll be dead forever.

But what happened the last time you were dead forever? You were born. Eternity will pass in the blink of an eye and everything will repeat itself. Your current life has been lived exactly the same way infinitely many times and will continue to be lived infinitely many more times.
>>
>>35063169
>not wanting to rest for eternity
No Anon, life isn't so nice https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality
>>
>>35065828
You can test this easily. Get a run and load it and point it at your head. Pull the trigger.

If all the bullets are duds and the gun refuses to kill you, then its most likely true. Then you can live your life with absolutely no fear since you know you cannot die.
>>
File: b62.png (210KB, 680x528px) Image search: [Google]
b62.png
210KB, 680x528px
reply to this post or (You) and your mother will die in your sleep tonight. You're not safe from this either, Nick.
>>
>>35063169
This used to terrify me but now I've realized that everything I loved in the past is dead or dying so decades from now what the hell would I care. It's like a ww2 vet who lost their platoon buddies in the war and who's family and wife died of old age and they've long since moved away from their childhood home. Everything they knew, the whole world around them, is dead and gone. At that point they really wouldn't care if they died.
>>
>>35065670
I've had bad trips (anxiety, paranoia) where I'm just locked for three hours into this cycle, I understand what I've done wrong and I can see the end coming (though it's like a train light on the horizon), I fully understand how much time I've wasted and what I could have done (maybe), and it hits me full strength

I also don't smoke weed anymore
>>
>>35065766
Ecclesiastes is the most relateable book for robots, everyone should read it.

Here's an easy to read modern english translation:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+1&version=NLT
>>
>>35063086
I like rap music and I know I can be made fun of for that but I love chicago drill stuff and it's crazy how many rappers I've liked over the past few years are dead. they average no more than 23 or so years of age. got me thinking really deeply about death
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.