[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your dad doing at your age? I'm 22. At that age,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Wojak6.jpg (48KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak6.jpg
48KB, 400x600px
What was your dad doing at your age?

I'm 22. At that age, my father had a job at ford assembling vehicles. He drove a brand new 1969 Mustang Fastback. Had a wife and a daughter. He had two sons a few years later. He supported his family on a single income living a comfortable middle class life. He had a half paid off of his 8 year mortgage on a 1,800 square foo detached home with a big garage. He had a big group of friends and was well respected within his community.

I have nothing and he looks at me like I am a failure.
>>
>>35062247

Different times, anon. A lot of us are living this reality - welcome to the new normal.
>>
are you really in your forties, anon?
>>
my dad robbed banks and shot people when he was in his early 20s.

is my law abiding wagecuckery an improvement?

I'm not all that sure
>>
How the fuck did baby boomers inherit the world's richest economy and give us this shit
>>
Smoking pot and doing drugs while following Phish and The Grateful Dead around the country

I can't fucking stand any of the bands he listens to.
>>
Not certain. He was either serving with the UN peacekeeping forces in Cyprus or a bus conductor. He didn't lose his virginity until he was 33 though.
>>
>>35062399

No I'm 22 now. My father is 50. The cars year might be throwing you off. He got it from a ford dealership show room in the 80s with 5000 original miles on it.
>>
File: (17).png (200KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
(17).png
200KB, 499x499px
>tfw dad moved out at 30
>>
>>35062247
I'm 20. At this age, my old man was partying, fucking around in city college and bedding tons of girls. He had a motorcycle and would bring home several different girls a week. He later dropped out of cc and was able to get a decent paying job working for the county.
>>
>way fewer jobs
>overpriced tuition
>degree almost useless anyway, too much competition
>property values insanely inflated
>cost of living far higher
>currency weaker

Many of our problems come from our choices, but not all. Our civilization is in decline overall, and we're victims of this.
>>
>>35062482
Love the dead and love phish. Sad you don't but it's all good.
I'm still a failure though
>>
No idea, dad never talks about his youth. He was definitely a normie, but he looks like Bert from Sesame Street and married a woman over a decade his senior so I doubt he was a Chad.
>>
>>35062623
Yeah, I tried so hard to get into them so my dad wouldn't be completely disappointed in me, but I never really could.
>>
>>35062482

Fuck......that's what I was doing at 22 in the back in late 90s.........I could be your dad. I feel like I just got punched in the stomach.
>>
>>35062623
puff some reefer and greatful dead is alright. They play many instruments at once and its very layered which is fun on reefer
>>
>>35062247
He was either working in a supermarket or starting his career as an electrician. Little did he know he would come to deeply regret forgoing college now that he's cold all the time and has sciatica.

Just you wait. I'm gonna be so much better off than him. He'll just fade away into antiquity (can't even turn a computer on) while I'm making bank in IT and saying "told you so" when the economy collapses. Sheeple are an odd group.

>>35062451
Fuck 'em. Prove to them that we can take the shit they've dropped on us and work our way around it. DON'T BUY THE BOOMERS' OVERPRICED HOUSES.

Tough times breed strong people.
>>
>>35062247
I'm 20. My dad had left foster care after being abused and treated like a slave and joined the marines. He was suicidal and wanted to get killed. Instead he gained the will to live. It wasn't easy, but he went from the skinniest weak guy there to gaining 60 lbs. He was stationed in the Philippines and met a girl. She became pregnant and they got married. My brother was born and my dad was the happiest he had been in his entire life. His original family had only abused him, raped him, destroyed him. The youngest of 12 kids in a home with mentally ill insane parents. No birthdays, no school and a life of childhood crime just to survive. His dad is one of the most evil men I've ever heard about and his mother has been in the loony bin for 40 years and had the habit of forcing the children to torture animals. She was also raped and beaten regularly to the point of brain damage. I never met any of his family members, only heard stories. When I was a little kid my dad used to buy extra birthday presents for me and tell me they were from grandpa, but apparently he had already died.

I'm not sure the details of how he wound up there, but he was in Japan with his new family. My dad went home early to surprise his wife one day and found out she was cheating. He was broken again. He wanted to take his son but she didn't let him. She never allowed him to see his son ever again and he had to leave. I never met him either, he doesn't know I exist. My dad decided to start saving all the money he was making at this point and went back to America after getting medically discharged. He had been sending all of his money he was making to the one sister he trusted so when he got out he could have a good foundation to start anew. When he got home he found out the money was being used to support his entire family's drug habit. He slowly fell into despair and wound up a homeless drug addict/alcoholic and tried to kill himself several times.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.