[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was 4chan all messed up last evening? I couldn't post

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1483308851307s.jpg (8KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483308851307s.jpg
8KB, 208x250px
Why was 4chan all messed up last evening? I couldn't post a thread or images and I almost had a breakdown and killed myself.
>>
>>35054766
/r9k/ was being raided by trap posters
>>
>>35054788
wrong, it was being invaded by anti-trap shills
>>
they freeze it for the cops sometimes
>>
>>35054788
No, the entire site was locked down, no new threads could be made, and for a while, no posts at all could be made

>>35054805
What did the cops need?
>>
>>35054805
Is this true? Does this actually happen?
>>
>>35054834
Yes infact, there was a picture posted of a secret government aircraft, they do it all the time, not joking.
>>
>>35054834
yeah, 4chan gives a lot of info out. Why would you think otherwise? you retarded?
>>
>>35054883
I don't understand why it needs to be frozen. We have archives don't we?
>>
>>35054999
Only a handful of boards are archived, and it doesn't have the exact same info as the actual threads
>>
>>35054999
It won't be archived if it 404s
>>
>>35054853
show the plane faggot
>>
>>35054999
i think there's a higher standard for evidence to be admissible in court
i imagine it's for cp and threats of violence/terrorism
>>
>>35054999

>what is unscheduled server maintenance
>what is unscheduled db maintenance
>what is fat fingering letters and numbers in the hosts file or juniper/cisco start up script
>what is unscheduled downtime at cloud flare
>what is accidentally commenting out a line or two in the app routing cfg script
>>
>>35054766
It was a ruse by Hiroyuki to scare people into donating or buying passes to fill his wallet by making you think the servers are fucked.
>>
>>35054766
A shitton of routers on the internet last night ate shit and the changes had to propagate while at the same time other routers had to adjust and take the new sudden flood of traffic. Because a lot of 4chan relies on Google scripts that means Google and 4chan were only talking intermittently.

For a bunch of supposedly savvy computer users you guys sure don't know how the fuck to use pathping or tracert.

tl;dr some part of the internet shit itself and it kind of broke shit for a couple hours
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.