[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You inherent 500k USD from an unknown relative suddenly.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

You inherent 500k USD from an unknown relative suddenly. What do you do?
>>
Slowly spend it on things.

Think about school.
>>
>>35054533
Invest in that dragon dildo making company
>>
buy a cabin on cheap land in the middle of nowhere and invest the rest in sexbots
>>
>>35054565
Sounds like a good plan

Keke
>>
I would start an indie game company and finally fill the niche market for a vampires, werewolves, and other creepy things mmo.

Humans would be all NPC's.
>>
>>35054544
What things? And why would you continue going to school?
>>
Quit being a wagie.

Hopefully some average grill will have sex with me for being "rich"
>>
>>35054533
live off of 100k and invest the rest into my startup company.
>>
>>35054592

Small things like clothes. New computer, that kind of stuff.

I would think about going to school. Not the kind of school where they'll charge 60k a year and drain my money, but like technical school for programming and certifications.

Once I acquire programming and computer skills I would shut myself off and write code while living off the nest egg.

And I finally create the next big mmo, better than vanilla WoW, better than the burning crusade.
>>
>tfw living in a quite cheap country
>tfw with this money I could embrace NEETdom for plenty of years

A man can dream.
>>
Or buy a bunch of computers, get business internet, and start my own computer service company where I host things.
>>
I would make an mmo that uses a wii fit motion detection system.

In fact all my games would.
And they'll be team based raid mmos with big bosses and loot.
>>
blow like $8k on computer parts and some /p/ junk. put the rest in brokerage.

tangentially related: Do they even let you rent an apartment if you aren't working but can pay for it off investment income? All the ads and stories I've seen always say that proof of employment is required.
>>
>>35054533
250,000 in the bank locked in an account that I can't touch for say 10 years.
250,000 on a nice cheap house and nice not too expensive stuff, cheap car, and money sat there for drinking and smoking and eating and general living without having to work.

Don't want extravagant things.
Just so long as I look good and feel good.
>>
Go to Thailand and fuck my dick raw on all the strange ass I could find.
>>
Buy AMD stocks, wait for Ryzen 5 and 3.
>>
>>35054533
donate it all to starving kids in africa
>>
>>35054841
I'd rather buy all the weapons I could, and gather a group of men to massacre all the Africans.
>>
File: untitled-16.jpg (356KB, 1574x1018px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-16.jpg
356KB, 1574x1018px
buy land and build a grand masturbatorium
>>
File: secretworld.jpg (58KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
secretworld.jpg
58KB, 600x338px
>>35054587
>niche market for a vampires, werewolves, and other creepy things mmo

already been made. check out The Secret World.

It feels like a VtmB mmo
>>
>put it all in a high interest savings account
>live on interest for the rest of my NEET life
>>
>>35055302
>high interest savings account
you're aware that "high interest" these days is less than inflation, right? You'll have a hard time finding more than 1%.
>>
>>35054716
great way to lose your money
>>
build a moderate sized house in the forest preferably with a private pond or secluded section of a river and save the rest for bills for said house
>>
>>35055972

How is putting money in the bank and buying a house a great way to lose money? Genuinely curious.

Do you mean if the Bank goes under? Or the house being undervalued due to market fluctuations?
>>
>>35056562
you should invest in solid gold bars
paper money is only worth as much as the government
>>
>>35054533
I would transition and get ffs then maybe spend the rest on a down payment on a house in a liberal leaning area.
>>
>>35056562
Money in the bank grows slower than inflation. The amount that a dollar buys decreases faster than the amount of dollars you have increases. This is why everyone tells you to keep retirement savings invested in the market instead of in a savings account, and only keep enough cash in the bank to cover a few months of living expenses in case of emergency.

As for a house, those tend to increase in value in line with inflation long-term. So its value pretty much stays the same in real terms. On average. Of course we had a massive bubble a decade ago where prices skyrocketed for a few years and then crashed through the floor. So there's that.

Also theres a risk your house might not appreciate if the place its in declines. Imagine if you'd bought a house in Detroit 30 years ago expecting it to be a safe investment. Houses also cost money to own. It doesn't just sit there appreciating, you have to maintain and occasionally improve it, or else it declines in value. Every now and then you'll need to fix the furnace, patch the roof, redo some plumbing, whatever. This generally costs more money than you can in the houses increasing value. Plus tax, by the way.
>>
>>35056586
WTSHTF your gold is only as valuable as your means of protecting it
>>
Pay off my debts
put rest into an investment account of some sort
pick an entry-level internship at a high-profile company or government institution to get my foot in the door since I don't have to worry about money
>>
File: 1485209103185.jpg (14KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1485209103185.jpg
14KB, 409x409px
>>35054533
>What do you do?
live out the comfy neet life permanently isolating myself from the rest of human society, its my one true dream desu

could last a good 30-40 years on just 500k easily assuming the economy doesn't change
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.