[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are my unwavering principles: 1) Never tell any lie or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: feels.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
5KB, 645x773px
These are my unwavering principles:
1) Never tell any lie or distort the truth in any way
2) Always remain in control i.e: Never use any mental drugs or substances that can affect my brain activity and always be conscious when someone/something tries to affect my way of thinking
3) Never act against someone else's self sovereignty
4) Never stress about anything, be ready to give up everything if situation demands it.
How do I live in this world?
>>
get a job without any responsibility
never strive for anything
live a boring life
>>
>>35044941
>3) Never act against someone else's self sovereignty
This violates the NAP.
>>
>>35044941
1. is literally retarded

What will you say to kids about Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy being real?
What if you mom asks what you fap to?
Do you say "I'm good" whenever asked how you're feeling?
>>
pretty sure even eating food affects your brain activity faggot
>>
>>35044941
>1) Never tell any lie or distort the truth in any way
What is your bank account number and routing number?

>2)Never use any mental drugs or substances that can affect my brain activity
Science says that this post just gave you a dopamine rush. Oh well, no more r9k for you!

A man breaks into your house, destroyed your computer, and rapes you and your mom. Can't send him to jail, though!

>>4) Never stress about anything
>>how do I live in this world?
In a nursing home.
>>
>>35045154
I will tell them the truth.
I will tell her my fetishes.
I will say whatever im feeling. It's most often "not changed" since last asked.
>>35045157
I am aware of that. Maybe I should've worded it as non-nutriental substances.
>>35045160
1) doesn't deny myself right to not decline answering if I deem that answering might harm myself or someone else.
2) That substance is already or generated within my body. I admit I could've worded is as non-nutriental (or otherwise necessary to sustain a state of living) substances that don't originate from my body's chemical reactions
3) A sad situation I hope I won't get in. I hope I could reason with the person before my instinctual self-defense mechanisms kick in. Good thing is that chances for that happening are very slim.

Keep poking holes so I can refine the points. I've never really written them before so there's bound to be some inaccuracies.
>>
>>35044941
>These are my unwavering principles:
The concept of unwavering principles is too limiting. Miamoto Musashi based his success on being flexible in his thinking, same with Napolean Bonaparte.

Self imposed limitation. Information is a strategic resource and directly influences perception. And perception often supersedes reality.

>2) Always remain in control i.e: Never use any mental drugs or substances that can affect my brain activity and always be conscious when someone/something tries to affect my way of thinking
I can agree with this one to an extent, but sometimes for instance THC will help you see new angles that are just below the surface of your consciousness. I've had many strokes of creative genius while high and great minds can attest to this. I think this one relies heavily on your individual psychology though.

The nature of life is competition for resources, from the most basic organism to the most complex social animal.

>4) Never stress about anything, be ready to give up everything if situation demands it.
I think it's a matter of weighing losses and potential recoup, but I agree with this principle.

>How do I live in this world?
No idea m8, I haven't figured that out for myself yet either
>>
>>35045357

even then alcohol is nutritious, mushrooms are nutritious, weed is nutritious if you eat it, caffeine is proven to be beneficial to the brain within recommended guidelines, probably some other drugs too
>>
>>35045357
>3) A sad situation I hope I won't get in. I hope I could reason with the person before my instinctual self-defense mechanisms kick in. Good thing is that chances for that happening are very slim.
it would help you to realize that self-defense and aggressive instincts are rational responses and that your response is irrational. force isn't appropriate most of the time but sometimes it is the only appropriate response to another person's force.
>>
>>35044941
Problem with this is that you might not know the whole truth on something and end up accidentally telling them a falsehood. I guess you can avoid that if you make sure to admit when you're unaware about something. You probably should avoid politics entirely with other people since there is a lot of misinformation floating around on both sides.

You should probably make an exception for this rule if someone else interferes in your sovereignty, otherwise you will be extremely vulnerable.

I like your number 2 though. I've recently stopped drinking coffee since I don't like having to rely on psychoactive drugs, even if it has little to no health detriments.

Your number 4 is a bit unrealistic though, you can't force yourself to not feel stress, I would instead revise it to be if you are ever experiencing stress, you must do de-stressing exercises to mitigate it.
>>
>>35045357
>2) That substance is already or generated within my body.
Information is made of a substance, is it not? The information from your computer screen is made of physical photons outside your body that send a physical signal to your brain. Those photons didn't come from your own body, but they entered your body and caused a change in your brain.

As a side note, sleep deprivation will cause you to "lose control", and it all comes from within your own body.

>3) A sad situation I hope I won't get in.
You realize that if you don't call the cops on that person for raping your mom, they would just go out to rape more people and infringe on other people's "sovereignty". Which is exactly what you wanted to prevent from the beginning.
>>
>>35044941
That is my nindo, my ninja way.
Oreginoli oreginoli what's in the oreginoli
>>
>>35045398
I don't care what some "famous" person thinks. I may care directly about their logic though.
1) I withold the opportunity to remain silent.
3) I am willing to die.

>>35045416
you have a point, I have to find something to describe and prohibit those substances.

>>35045456
Prove that they are rational.

>>35045510
1) I definetly do not avoid politics. I am well aware of those issues. This is why I can't ever be sure of anything or show confidence in any statement if there is a reasonable chance I might have wrong information.
3) The only part of the my sovereignty i care about is the mental one, and for that I should make an exception.
4) If I dont have any attachments to this life, there is nothing I could stress about.
>>
>tfw this kid thinks hes an animu protag
>>
>>35045526
2) let's just call it chemical substances then. I am not to limit information, I believe I can filter it well enough to form a reasonable opinion on the matter

3) That would not be my action but someone else's which is not my concern, though I'd prefer if it didn't occur again.
>>
>>35045605
>Prove that they are rational.
i am not going to do that. if you can't see why it's rational to defend yourself from someone who intends to harm you, then you're a lost cause.
>>
>>35045717
I have no conscious self-preservation desire.
>>
why cant i upload anything? REEE
>>
>>35045738
Yeah you do, stop trying to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>35045605
4) If I dont have any attachments to this life, there is nothing I could stress about.
So you plan on doing nothing in your life? Like how are you supposed to detach yourself from everything in life?
>>
>>35045756
I am literally willing to die by hunger if someone doesn't provide me nutrients by their own will.
>>
>>35045605
>I have to find something to describe and prohibit those substances

perhaps you should admit the line between say eating a huge steak and drinking a nice glass of wine is not as clear as you thought and allow yourself to indulge in moderation
>>
>>35045738
>I have no conscious self-preservation desire.
if this is true then what do principles matter and why are you asking how to live in this world? don't, just kill yourself. it makes things a lot more simple to be dead.
>>
I've come to the conclusion, based on threads like this, that to be a robot is synonymous with being a phenomenally boring person. No wonder most of you were "ghosts" in school. You were so bland and uninteresting that you just didn't matter to anyone.
>>
Op sounds like a faggot. He's too scared to take as aspirin because it might make him tell the truth to everyone that he is a penis loving homosexual. I'd have thought be in to that kind of thing since it contains the words ass and in.
>>
>>35045782
I'm willing to bet that you've never even been close to starving in your life.
>>
>>35045770
It's as natural for me as taking my sock off
>>35045791
I was being ironic. Also I will not kill myself.
>>35045783
I admit it's harder to construct but I will find a way.
>>35045823
You're right and I'm kinda secretly hoping that the experience might awaken some desire to change in me.
>>35045804
>>35045793
I can't help but feel you're projecting here.
>>
>>35045861
>I admit it's harder to construct but I will find a way

I'm saying you shouldn't look for a way, your initial assumption was wrong, there is no need to fear altering your brain activity because you do it all the time
>>
>>35045783
If nothing else, I will compromise a list of nutriental substances I deem that are primarily nutriental and affect my brain chemistry as little as possible besides fueling it and allowing it to function and stick to those substances.
>>
>>35045605
>I don't care what some "famous" person thinks. I may care directly about their logic though.
That's all I'm saying, their logic is what's important. Their results speak for themselves.

>1) I withold the opportunity to remain silent.
That's still a self imposed limitation. You are limiting your potential to act.
>>
Huh, I'm actually very similar to you, OP. I honor the first 3 principles as well, though more moderately than you, and the 4th just kind of happened unconsciously.

I wish I could actually be as determined as you about these things, though.
>>
>>35045742
dw I can't either, last upload for me was 52 minutes ago.
>>
>>35044941
You start your own business and run it how you see fit. Make yourself money, because the normies will pull you down.
>>
>>35045889
I strife to alter my brain activity consciously to control it better.
>>35045903
I recognize "appeal to authority" -fallacy at play and my decisions are not result oriented.

1) The whole point is that it's self imposed. 2) May not be unless I alter it to be "Strife to remain in control"
>>
>>35045918
Best of luck to you.
Originali
>>
>>35045975
You are too quick to dismiss it as an appeal to authority as a result of your negative frame. I was simply bringing up two examples of very innovative thinkers who applied extreme flexibility to great effect. But if you aren't results oriented then it doesn't apply to you one way or the other.
>>
>>35044941
Don't worry they'll waver when you leave middle school
>>
>>35046034
For all I know, universe could've happened to have it's wavefunctions collapse just so everything would go as they thought it would (some call this luck) go and thus be successful. I want to follow the exact and direct path of logic and see where it goes.
>>35046050
I'm 25 and way past middleschool.
>>
>>35045710
>) That would not be my action but someone else's which is not my concern,

It would be your action. You can either call 911, or not call 911. If I gave you a red button of choice, pressing it kills 1 person but not pressing it kills 5 people, there is no moral justification for not pressing the button. The button may signal off to a serial killer to go kill people, but it doesn't matter, it is your conscious decision that lead to 5 people being killed.

Your rule implies that you care about other people's rights, but you don't if you are willing to let a rapist go free and infringe many more people's rights. If you cared about doing harm to people, you would want to do the least amount of harm possible. But you actively pick the option that causes more harm, so I ask you, what is the point of your rule?
>>
>>35046361
I care about my direct action causing the least harm to others. I do not hold myself accountable to the rapists' actions even if I could have prevented it. I also make difference between causing harm and preventing harm. Me not killing someone is not the same as letting someone die as if I never existed.

As for the red button, just imagine if I didn't exist and what would happen. That's my choice.
>>
>>35044941
Good on you OP. Don't listen to the naysayers, at least you have principles beyond DUDE WEED LMAO.
>>
>>35046361
>being a utilitarian

You're fucking scum.
>>
>>35045398
>The concept of unwavering principles is too limiting. Miamoto Musashi based his success on being flexible in his thinking, same with Napolean Bonaparte.
You could say the same about people with unwavering principles, such as Jesus Christ. Just as many success stories
>>
>How do I live in this world?
In disappointment with yourself, I suppose.
>>
>>35046529
You aren't the one killing people, we agree on that.

Locking up someone who would commit repeat offenses would reduce suffering in the world, it seems we both agree on that.

So why does it matter if it is your direct action or indirect action causing harm? What is the difference? What is the difference and why does it matter?
>>
>>35046892
>utilitarian logic

Your "moral" system is trash, get the fuck out.
>>
>>35047042
Debate me faggot, you will lose.

*tips fedora* *cracks a smug smile*
>>
Don't hold onto people in your life who don't help you in some way. Don't be the one to start the conversation, if the other person is actually worth it, they'll start it for you.
>>
>>35044941
you have autism, but it's ok. I have somewhat similar principals

I do not lie but I do allow for distortions based on tecnicallities in some circumstances (I have faltered once in the past 2 years since adopting this)
I do not use use any drugs for recreational purposes.
I do not act agianst anybodies self-sovereignty.
I don't exactly understand your 4th principal.

How to live? Not sure what your problem is.
>>
>>35047555
>you have autism
>stoicism is autism
>>
>>35045357
anon needs surgery, refuses anesthesia, dies of sheer pain shock or from not getting the surgery.
>>
>>35047575
all deontological philoshophy is autistic.
T. an autistic deontologist.
>>
>>35044941

You should whore yourself. No joke.

Just learn how to suck dick, wear a skirt and go make some money. You will feel better.
>>
>>35044941
>1

Fuck that shit everyone else lies you are setting yourself up for failure if you do that
>>
>>35047616
not OP, I'm >>35047555
people are usually so impressed with honesty that it more than makes up for the potential beneifts of lying.
>>
I'm hearing that IS2 is down and it was cause by a plebbit raid. just a rumor
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.