[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheism is my religion. Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (55KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 633x758px
Atheism is my religion. Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens are my prophets. Logic and Reason are my prayers. The God Delusion is my holy book.

Feels fucking great man

Fuck religion
>>
>>35044820
Unironically agree.

There's no divinity to be found in the churches of men.
>>
>>35044820
>>35044865

>things loners with will never amount to anything say

3 types of people in this world: leaders, followers and nobodies, you're a nobody.
>>
Athiesm is a retarded way to say you are a satanist
>>
>>35044928

The theory of the existence of satan is just as illogical and nonsensical as the theory of the existence of God.
>>
>>35044820

if you want to call lack of a religion a religion that doesn't change the fact that it's the only religion not based on magic
>>
>>35044820
Defining yourself by what you don't believe is stupid.
>>
>>35044969
>existence

It's existance
>>
>>35044928
>christians actually believe this

I find it funny that one of the primary questions that christians will ask me when they find out an atheist is "Why do you hate god" or something like "Are you mad at god?

It's pretty funny how Christians are unable to even imagine a world without a god.
>>
>>35045144

Wrong.

>christfags in charge of knowing basic english
>>
>>35044820
I was influenced (as a youth) into breaking #3 ...should I accept the blame? also, I really like #4
>>
>he's not a disciple under the church of kek

burn the heretic
>>
I remember when i was 12
>>
science is ex post facto shit that offers no worthy guidance for a fulfilling life
it is the religion of atheists who are stumbling in the dark every second of their life and it will get them no where fast
>>
>>35044969
edgy
edgy
edgy
you're
five
years
late
to
the
party
DEUS
VULT
>>
>>35044885

If being someone means believing a lie, then I do not want to be somebody.

If the truth is unfulfilling, then I will be unfulfilled.

Nothing is more important than truth.
>>
>2017
>Not being a part of Athenism
Never going to make it
>>
>he thinks he, an unimproved being, can improve himself
>he doesn't see the obvious logical problem this creates, and thus he thinks he can reach an improved state without the help of an improved being
>he thinks Richard Dawkins and those other men were uninfluenced by religious institutions
>he thinks the religious institutions that worshiped and followed an improved being didn't, in turn, make all of those influenced by those institutions improved in some way

What a goober.
>>
My personal beliefs are a combination of Taoism and Buddhism with some gnostic Christianity thrown in.

Any religion that says you need to believe in certain things in order to be saved is stupid. Personal salvation comes from living a noble, righteous life so that you can die without regrets.

And any religion that ascribes human-like attributes like emotions to God is stupid. God is more of a cosmic force that permeates everything, simultaneously everywhere and nowhere. It doesn't care about me or you or anything else, it just keeps all of the clockwork in motion.
>>
>>35044928
What's wrong with Satanism?
>>
>>35044885
>not believing in fairy tales makes you a nobody
wew
>>
>>35047548
So you're literally an atheist, just a retarded one.
>>
>>35044820
So, what, you really think the matter and energy that makes up everything just appeared out of nowhere, with no cosmic or divine intervention?
>>
>>35047813
So, what, you really think the cosmic or divine intervention just appeared out of nowhere?
>>
>>35047820
Possibly, though I like to think God gains power through faith in Him, much like in Warhammer 40k.

I mean, any sort of deity wouldn't really be a deity if they had a beginning or an end, just a very powerful entity. And besides, a true god wouldn't need to follow any sort of scientific law.
>>
>>35047854
I don't see why matter and energy couldn't be timeless as well. The universe in it's current state just being the inevitable result of the laws of nature.
>>
>>35047902
They technically are, if you believe in a cyclical universe (this universe's Big Crunch is another's Big Bang). But what really causes that cycle? Why does everything come crashing back together? I don't think gravity is THAT strong. I really think it's some sort of divine force, much like >>35047548 said in his third paragraph.

Perhaps gravity is that divine force.

Regardless, as an opinion, you either believe or you don't. I won't hold you to it.
>>
>Atheism, the lack of belief in a deity
>Treating it like a religion

You fucked up
>>
hello there fellow skeptics!!
>>
>>35044820
Religion is literally just virtue signaling. It's basically ni different from veganism and male feminism
>>
>>35044820
Now watch some Jordan Peterson and sort yourself out.
>>
>>35044820
God isn't real, the sky is blue.
What's so special about it?
>>
You're both wrong. It's literally impossible for human beings to know for sure whether or not there is a higher power of some sort.

You can strongly doubt it like me, or strongly have faith in it, but you can't know for sure. Being anything other than agnostic is just plain silly, logically.
>>
>>35048087
But my mommy and daddy say god is real so it must be true
>>
>>35048129
>tfw mommy and daddy never went to church and treated God and heaven like Santa Clause
>>
>>35048129
Again, you can strongly doubt God's existence but you can't know for a fact that s/he doesn't exist in some form. Just like we can't really be sure life on places other than Earth exist. There are just too many variables and no hints for us to decide on a whim.

I strongly, strongly doubt God's existence but I don't completely deny the mere possibility.
>>
>>35044820
>logic and reason are my prayers
>not agnostic
enjoy ur underage ban
>>
>>35044820
>30-40
>parents never loved you
>shit body
>shit car
>depressing job
>unfashionable cloths
>plays video games as a hobby
>masterbates to hentai
>virgin or has shit disappointing sex
>only friends are on the Internet
>never had a girlfriend or found real love
>never achieved anything real in life
>"heh heh fuck religion"
>>
>>35045184
But, we happen to live in a world in which He is real, Anon.
>>
>>35044820
obvious bait is obvious.

and if not bait, how can you be so retarded to form a religion out of not believing something?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.