[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can't get a job without a degree >can't get

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

>can't get a job without a degree
>can't get a degree without money
>can't get a job without experience
>can't get experience with a job
>can't get a job without certifications
>can't get certifications without money
>can't get a job without networking
>can't get networking if you're an autistic faggot like myself
>>
Iktf all too well

What I'm doing is just opting out of the bullshit that is modern life

I'm going to be a farmer
>>
>>35041381

Pick a job that requires a specialized skill that doesn't take overly long to learn and doesn't require certification (i.e. not rocket scientist, doctor, civil engineer) and interests you AND pays at many levels of skill (i.e. don't be a writer or an artist or a musician cause only really really really skilled writers artists and musicians make money).

Find people who know that skill and ask them to teach you. Search for them online. They should own a small business, work on their own, be semi-retired, or do consulting. Email them and try not to be an autistic faggot.

Being a little bit of an autistic faggot is alright cause they will feel a little sorry for you.
>>
Look up associates degrees in your local community college, especially for medical stuff. Many of them have internships as part of the training program so it's literally required for you to network to pass.
>>
>>35041590
I have no money for college.
>>
>>35041548
This literally doesn't exist. Like, it's not even close to being realistic. May as well tell him to just get a job where he doesn't have to do anything and they can't fire him and it pays $300k salary starting.
>>
>>35041630

This literally does exist because it is literally what I did
>>
>>35041381
you can literally teach yourself to program and basically waltz into a six figure job
however you do need to
a) not be an idiot
b) live in or be able to relocate to a city with a booming tech industry
>>
>>35041653
>lying on the internet

fucking pathetic
>>
>>35041672
OP here, this is literally what I'm trying to do. Despite having several projects on my github, have a wide range of skills on my resume and previous work experience (in an unrelated position) I cannot get a single response out of employers. I feel without a degree or experience I have nothing to show for.
>>
>do well in college/uni
>get an internship/co-op job
>leave school with experience and contacts

Its that easy
>>
>>35041706
> without a degree
nobody cares
> or experience
go do a job on upwork and say you've been freelancing then
unless you've been applying to enterprise positions and not startups I can't explain or corroborate your failure
>>
>>35041674

What is so fantastical about my story that you can't believe it?

If I was a little more skilled and someone contacted me and asked me to teach them programming and electronics and let them hang out at my house while I worked I'd oblige them. Once they got good enough I'd bring them on my projects and then pay them less money than they brought in providing me with a tidy profit.
>>
>>35041778
You're right, nobody cares about your ability if you don't have a degree. That's the problem.
>>
File: 1448853529445.png (1B, 486x500px)
1448853529445.png
1B, 486x500px
>>35041381
>tfw no motivation or will to do anything but sleep or wish for death
life wasn't meant for us
>>
>>35041863
no, that is bullshit
I work in the tech industry, I'm a dropout, I know several other dropouts or people with completely unrelated degrees
degree only matters if you are applying to the entirely wrong class of company
if you have cool stuff on github to talk about that gets you way further than any degree
>>
>>35041938
Oh, you got hired through nepotism "networking" huh? That makes a little more sense.

Don't think the same thing applies to actual robots.
>>
File: 1448849711209.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1448849711209.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>35041938
to be realistic
it's either
-Have a degree
or
-Be socially competent enough to network and land a job that way

neither of which some or even most robots can achieve.
How is a autistic sperg supposed to even get past the job interview?
>>
>>35041969
no, I got hired because I have a lot of side projects I developed during my NEET years and demonstrated that I am highly skilled at it during the interview process
but, I mean, if you don't want to believe this is possible, whatever. The OP greentext is what I told myself for about 6 years after I dropped out of college too.
>>
>>35042074
What "cool projects" are on your github that a single HR person or startup hipster would give a fuck about and find impressive.
>>
>>35042074
>It works for me, so it will work just the same way for everyone else.
Just because it applies to you it doesn't apply to everyone. Some people get chances others don't.
>>
>>35042074
You're "highly skilled," suuure. Tell me about those shitty mobile apps you developed I'm sure they're very high quality.
>>
>>35042111
>>35042130
sounds like you are just making excuses for yourself to rationalize giving up without even trying
I don't give a fuck, dude. If I could trade my position and go back to comfy NEET life I'd do it in an instant
but don't bother making a blog thread where you whine about how you can't find a job then
at least be sincere
>>
>>35042203
Sorry you're stuck in a dead end call center IT job. Maybe one day you can move to the development team kek.
>>
>>35042241
what's your end game of just denying that neets can learn programming and get a software engineering job
>>
>>35042262
>neets and robots have motivation/drive
get out
>>
>>35042262
Because I don't believe it and every time someone gives this nebulous bullshit advice, there's no proof, the person giving the advice is leaving an important detail out (networking, connections, etc) or they're completely lying by saying they got a "developer" job but work in an IT call center.

It's not as simple as "just learn programming and talk to your local startup". I'm sorry.
>>
>>35042298
sounds more like you tried and sperged out and believe that's how it goes for everyone, or possibly just never tried and are attempting to maintain your illusion that it's futile so you don't have to feel like a piece of shit

none of those things make it necessary for you to project your feelings into the thread though

> there's no proof
yeah I bet every robot who got a job is dying to post their resume, offer letter, and W2s to 4chan
>>
Hey, anon. This is a somewhat related question, I'm thinking about switching to electric engineering from biochemistry because I've only recently realized that the job I'll be doing with a biochem BSc will be about the same as a technician.

The thing tho, after browsing through many discussion forum, is that the electric engineering has a pretty saturated market, and the good old engineering guarantees a job meme is simply no longer true.

I'm at a pretty average university, world ranking wise, thus no advantage from name of school unless I switch to a more reputed one for a MEng. I don't have any job related experience or hobby beside liking to taking home electronics apart and put them back and building lego, no programming, or engineer program experience as well (I heard you have to know these), only consolation is that my school offers co-op program for engineering students but the places are limited

for physics and math, I did pretty average in calculus I&II,optics and electricity and magnetism but that's because I have lost hope at that time and I did about the same in my biochem related class

what do I do to heighten my chance in finding this possible career choice a fulfilling and rewarding one?
>>
>>35042373
You've still yet to tell me what kind of projects you work on and how that led to you getting an interview.
>>
>>35042373
Not that anon but sounds like you grossly underestimate the quality of non-degree developers github projects vs college student projects.

I'm sure the passion is there, but no-one wants to take on devs that require additional training when you can take the college student who knows that shit already. It's more cost effective that way. You might be bullshitting.
>>
>>35042412
mostly stuff like filesystem drivers
also, recruiters can be a good resource, since you're so worried about networking. It's basically that but without having to do anything.
>>
>>35041601
community colleges give so much financial aid they'll literally pay you to take classes. if not fuck it do loans, if things don't work out off yourself so you don't have to pay them
>>
>>35042649
Financial aid IS a loan you idiot.
>>
>>35042762
I mean ACTUAL financial aid, obviously, like the pell grant and shit like that. just do the FAFSA and turn down any federal loans (which yes do fall under """"""""""""""""""aid""""""""""""") and accept any grants they might give.
>>
>>35042380
fellow anons i would really appreciate some advice
>>
File: 1466565653005.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1466565653005.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Inability to interact with other humans if the biggest obstacle I think. No matter how bad it gets, you can survive if you can ask for help.

I either have to force myself to learn how to talk to people or continue to wait until I hit rock bottom.
>>
>>35042380
go to a trade school to be an electrician. don't fall for the market saturation meme. electricians (aka the guys who do house calls or help build houses) are pretty much always in demand. of course electrical engineers make more and would be working for companies at factories or engineering firms doing much bigger projects so yes, connections matter a lot more to get good jobs there than they do with electricians who just need to go through apprenticeships and shit like that I imagine.
>>
>>35042888
>>35042380
You should've figured this shit out before selecting a major. Ideally before even choosing a school. I recommend checkout out the BLS website for statistics on job opportunity and demand for different kinds of degrees. Biochem seems like a pretty niche field without a lot of actual job opportunities. If you want to go that route you'd be much better off in some kind of medical, there's a high demand for that now with all the old baby boomers around.

There's also pretty high demand for construction and infrastructure related jobs so electrical engineering may not be a bad choice, same goes for stuff like civil engineering. Look it up yourself, and think about what the practical applications of various degrees are. Who would realistically hire you? Remember that this is job training, you're investing money into learning a practical skill which can be traded. Your interest in the subject matter is secondary.
>>
>>35043022
thank you

I have no problem trying to befriend people but I seem to have problem committing to a person enough so it gets past the acquaintance level
>>
>>35042968
stop coming on 4chan. seriously it helps so much. this site trains you to communicate only through text and memes which although fun and convenient absolutely destroys your social abilities as a NEET specially if you live alone.

get a site blocker, block everything 4chan related and don't come back till you practiced actual social interaction for a while.
>>
>>35043096
Yeah, cutting myself off from my only source of human interaction sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>35041381

Suck dick till ya can afford a cheap laptop
Get yourself some secure connection
Go a lil bit shopping on the dark net
Sell the stuff you buy and repeat
Mad cash
Thank me later
>>
>>35043064
do you have to be near perfect to get hired?
>>
>>35043149
Btw buy yourself a gun
Makes everything way easier
>>
>>35043181
This. Just get a handgun for a couple hundred bucks and them rob normalfags as they leave bars and stuff.

Easy money.
>>
>>35043121
obviously the point is that it would force you to go out of the fucking house and interact with actual humans. unless you live in alaska or something where the next nearest human is hundreds of miles away in which case wtf.
>>
>>35043349
How would it force me to get out of my house? I'll just sit here watching anime, reading manga and eroge, playing video games, masturbating, etc.

Getting off 4chan doesn't make me able to interact with normalfags.
>>
>>35043349
Where would I go? The movies by myself like a godamn creeper?
>>
>>35043390
no, go to the local playground and socialize with the kids there
>>
>>35043390
how about the unemployment office or the army recruiting center you god damn NEET
>>
>>35043459
I have no marketable skills and no branch of the military would have me because I'm mentally unstable.

These are the issues that would stop me from doing that if I could even talk to normalfags.
>>
>>35043390
Whats the deal of going to see movies alone?

If you wanna do it, just fucking do it, nobody will care less

Do you honestly think people care about you enough to remember you alone at the movie? like what?

-ego pls
>>
>>35043748
I don't want to do ANYTHING. That's the problem. So "getting off 4chan and socializing" is just forcing me to do things I don't want to do.
>>
>>35043748
There are movie theaters that don't let people go alone because they are afraid of mass shooters.
>>
>cannot pass interviews without social skills
>cannot learn social skills because noone will put up with my anxiety long enough for me to practice
>cannot pay for therapy or meds because i dont have a job or welfare money
>cannot get welfare because parents earn too much but they also wont pay for therapy or meds because they dont believe brains can get sick
>>
>>35041778
>go do a job on upwork and say you've been freelancing then

This is how I got my first job despite dropping out of college and had no previous job at the time, I just put my Upwork clients' companies in my resume.

Unfortunately I couldn't stand working so I got laid off after 2 weeks.
>>
>>35041796
Can I move in and work with you

I am autistic live in burgerland am 23 and I never had a job or any college.
>>
>can't make friends without already having friends
>can't get friends without having social experience
>can't get social experience without socializing with people
>can't socialize without having people to socialize with
>can't get practice socializing without friends
>can't socialize with people you don't know if you're an autistic faggot like myself
>>
>>35041548
>Pick a job that requires a specialized skill
can you give me some examples?
>>
>want to get a help desk job
>every tier 1 help desk position requires 2+ years of help desk experience and a bachelors in computer science

Don't these jobs only pay like $10 an hour? Fuck
>>
>>35042968
Name of show?
>>
Just get on the dole and become a comfy NEET like me.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.