[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fuck up at work >try to fix it on my own for weeks, finally

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: JESUS FUCKING (...).png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
JESUS FUCKING (...).png
463KB, 1070x601px
>fuck up at work
>try to fix it on my own for weeks, finally blows up on my face and everyone finds out
>boss tells me the files I fucked up made the company lose MILLIONS of dollars
>thought he was going to yell at me but his voice was breaking up like he was about to burst into tears
>a 40 yr old man was about to start crying in front of me because he had never seen a disaster this big and he's been working here since he finished HS
>he has no idea what's going to happen to us

holy fuck I've never felt this scared.
I'm thinking just not going back there tomorrow and pretend I never worked there. is there any chance I could get sued or something?
>>
File: kuso.jpg (48KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kuso.jpg
48KB, 960x540px
>>35041193
Holy shit anon. What happend? Where do you work at?
>>
>>35041193
I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed you're gonna get charged. good luck mate
>>
>>35041193
its not your fault if the files were that important the company should have been regularly backing them up on top of having cold storage.
>>
This is why you should just fess up right away
>>
>>35041350
(also in windows if you right click a folder windows will show you previous versions of the folder, this is snapshots from when your computer sets restore points.)
>>
>>35041283
it's a consultancy firm that handles logistics for a construction company. I was making 10.5$/hr to transcribe some stuff to excel. I'm not 100% what those files I messed up did, but I think they had truck schedules and a lot of other stuff I couldn't understand. all the trips got mixed up and the materials ended up at the wrong sites

I did this thing where you hide a column in excel then paste some stuff on top, but I didn't realize the hidden rows get pasted on too, not just the ones you can see, I did this for about a week before realizing by accident I was fucking up
>>
>>35041193
lmao that's based as fuck. fuck em, they were using you to line their pockets and you hit them where it hurts. I'd say he's only asspained bc he's not getting his bonus, but it's even funnier if he gets fired.

Just remember that although it "hurts" the business, it really means a drop in the bucket to the puppeteers at the top. I'd say just resign before you get canned.
>>
>>35041401
Dude you can make more than $10.50 an hour at a fucking grocery store. Who gives a shit.
>>
File: 092134812390.jpg (93KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
092134812390.jpg
93KB, 800x800px
>>35041193
Didn't you post this thread earIier?
>>
>>35041498
Kay why ess dumb frog fag
>>
Regardless of what's going to come of it, put in your two weeks now and find some other employment ASAP. You dun goofed, but luckily some faceless company that should've known better foots the bill.
>>
>>35041507
OP did post this exact thread earlier though.
>>
>>35041401
>10.5$/hr
lmao just move on to something more lucrative. 10.50 is pennies and construction is a shit area to work. I honestly wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>35041401
>making 10.50/hr
>if you mess up you can cost the company millions

What the fuck were they thinking? Someone making barely above minimum wage having all that responsibility? Fuck it, just quit and get a new job
>>
File: 1461458101256.png (82KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
1461458101256.png
82KB, 222x216px
>>35041507
Learn how to speak english, dumb fuck
>>
>>35041428

You should probably listen to this guy. Might not make you feel better about the vicious sacking you're about to recieve though.
>>
>>35041401
Did a family member get you this job?
No one can be retarded enough to give such an important task to the minimum wagie
>>
Did you at least ask /g/ for help?
>>
>>35041498
yes, I was in the toilet hiding from my boss and decided to make a thread
>>
File: wiggle.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wiggle.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>35041401
AHAHHAHAHAHAH 10.5 an hour?

fuck them dude, you should be laughing in their fucking faces. oh lord my sides.
>>
Why did your boss cry? Is he that much of a pussy?
>>
>>35041401
If they care about the infrastructure surrounding it so much, that a minumum-wage worker can destroy them irreversably, they'd crash regardless of what you did.
>>
>Copy-paste some cells in excel
>destroy company

Your IT department is shit. It's their fault.
>>
File: aerweqer.png (102KB, 179x248px) Image search: [Google]
aerweqer.png
102KB, 179x248px
>>35041401

>10.50/hr

Dude I make more money for basic factory labor. I would fuck them over too if they paid me like that. Not like they can touch you.
>>
>>35041401
Everyone else's replies were spot on, it was the company's fault for not having someone double-check your work before finalizing it. Go out and get a better job OP, we have faith in you. We've all been in your situation man.
>>
>>35041193
>mfw anon was hillary's email manager during the campaign.
>>
File: you rn.jpg (76KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
you rn.jpg
76KB, 650x431px
>>35041428
yyyeaahhh maaaaaan anarchasyndicalism duuude fuck fascists and fuck capitalism!

Grow up, loser.
>>
>>35041193
>get a comfy office job they said
just pack all your shit and gtfo of that place, move to another end of the world in necessary too, do your own into the wild project if you need , just don't eat wild potatoes
>>
I'd wait until they let me go. They can fire you "with cause" but still have to pay severance.

Though they shouldn't have put someone with such menial responsibility in charge of somethint so major without checking it. You'd probably have a case to take to the labour board if they let you go and didn't pay severance.

But I'd start looking for a new job in the meantime.
>>
>>35041746
Bet he can manage the Drumpf administration's private emails now, kek.
>>
>>35041537
I'm going to stay NEET for some time. maybe a decade. I'm not cut out for the working world. it's too stressing
>>
>>35041809
kek

i hate both of them.

>not a relevant president in over 25 years and counting.
>>
>>35041797
the replies to this post cheered me up so I'm going back tomorrow. if this post is still there 12 hours from now I'll post updates
>>
>>35041766
butthurt faggot detected. who the hell cares if the company gets hurt? does it really matter to you that much if some ceo doesn't have the money to plaster his name on yet another golf resort this quarter? workers are paid a pittance, a fraction of a fraction of what
their labor actually makes the company, and you expect that money to buy even the semblance of loyalty? what a fucking joke
>>
>>35041911
>so I'm going back tomorrow
YES. Continue showing up for work, don't you dare just quit. If you keep showing up every day, you can potentially get unemployment benefit neetbux, which is definitely worth it, free money.
>>
>>35041311

Doubt that, it's not a crime to commit mistakes, and he didn't do it on purpose.
>>
>>35041401
>trusting a minimum wage cuck with critical business priorities
I'm not even knocking you, when I worked minimum wage I didn't give a fuck either.

To make you feel better, I work at a software company and have made software defects that cost us quite a bit of money as well.
>>
shit i basically did the same thing as a temp at the job I had before the one I have now.

>brought me on
>1 week in
>still not formally trained
>"anon can you do this"
>"Well I don't know how, but can I come to you with questions"
>"Sure, but I'm going on vacay for 2 weeks lol"
>she's gone
>get told to do that thing
>delete their clients out of their system
>apparantly by doing this, you just can't re-add them without bringing them in at a higher cost bc of some government shit
>get a call after I leave not to come back by temp agency
>will cost them close to 500k bc their clients just go to someone cheaper
>grab ice slushie and play witcher 3
>another temp agency calls me a week later and tells me about a job closer and pays more
>hired full time and been there since
based
>>
>>35041401
you should be proud of what you did, as a matter of fact
i'm proud of you
>>
>>35041193
>low wage bottomfeeder in charge of crucial assets
No.
>>
>>35041665
no. his company just lost millions of dollars. learn to read
>>
File: 1403774727430.jpg (49KB, 793x494px) Image search: [Google]
1403774727430.jpg
49KB, 793x494px
>>35041193
Your boss is an idiot for not having his data properly protected. Sure it was your fuckup that lost the files in this case, but did you know that most hard drives have about a 2% chance of failing every year? Keeping only one copy of important data is the same as throwing it in the trash.

This is your boss' fault and he knows it.
>>
>>35041401
>>35041283
>>35041193

>employer gives an employee millions of dollars worth of responsibility
>pays him only $10.50/hour

Unless your employer is the US Army or gets blank checks every month, they are fucking stupid greedy fucks.
>>
File: 1478803566219.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1478803566219.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>35041537
>>35041595
>>35041670
>>35041733

This thread is bait. Subtle bait, but just read these posts, they are spot on.
>>
>>35043440
I really really really, like this image ori
>>
>>35041537
>>35041595
>>35041652
>>35041670
>>35041731
>>35041733
>>35042207

>literally these replies

Your company is retarded for having someone who makes so little (no offense) be trusted with something so valuable. It would be like doing the work of a VP or CEO and getting paid $30000 a year. There is a reason why people of higher skill sets should get paid move as to motivate them to not fuck up.
>>
>in charge of managing truck schedules for construction
>getting paid barely above minimum wage
Fucking wage KEKs
>>
>>35041193
>fuck up
>don't let boss know
>don't try to ask for help
>waste everyone's time
I hope this has been a valuable lesson. You're supposed to work as a team in a team environment. One action effects everyone.
>>
>>35041537
Fucking absolutely this. You get what you pay for. Just quit.

>>35041828
No. It's not. You got into a fucking terrible job that severely undervalued you. If anything they deserved this fuckup for not treating important staff like they're not cashiers. Find a better one.
>>
>>35042034
Unemployed faggot detected, along with many others in this thread.

Unemployment is available only if you were laid off or quit due to health reasons. Quiting for anything other than that, and getting fired do not get you unemployment benefits. The company has to pay part of the benefits, and you can bet your greedy unemployed ass they are submitting the info of your fuckup and justified firing, and getting you denied when the gov calls up for them to pay.

My boss did this to a lazy jackass who used to work here.
>>
>>35043757
I'm unemployed and even I know that OP got a shit job that I wouldn't ever apply for, especially considering the lack of pay and lack of supervision.
>>
>>35043329
>>35041972

Something tells me you two voted for comrade Bernie.

Whats with the hostility towards companies? Its a logistics company, not walmart. They arent raking in dough by the billions.
>>
Op i hope you learned your lesson. Ask for help next time ok? You WERE just trying to fix a mistake though. Tomorrow talk to your boss and ask what he thinks. You owe him that, he could lose his career over this.

Everyone saying fuck it probably are selfish ppl who don't even work and aren't responsable or honorable.

Op was just trascribing stuff NOT CEO work, shut up with that. He waa doing simple work, he just made a mistake. We all do, just learn from them.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.