[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people on here actually have conversations? I post something.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Do people on here actually have conversations? I post something. And I wait with the tab open. Maybe someone replies, but that is rare unless I pretend to be a girl.

If someone replies to me I might not reply to them, but if I do it ends there. Trolling is slightly more effective at getting human interaction, so over time the content of my posts has tended toward this.

This process repeats until I realize I wasted hours essentially having a slow paced conversation with myself.
>>
>>35037275
I've seen this sculpture in person.
>>
>>35037275
>people are actually this autistic
>>
>>35037275
I'm a girl and I do this too. I'm sure no one will reply in this thread, but I get a lot more replies when I say my gender.
>>
>>35037682
So what do you do? Browse the threads on the main page and leave after 5 min? Have endless fascinating conversations about not having sex and how women are evil?
>>
>>35037275
Most internet forums are just people shouting into a void. r9k is even worse because most people on here are too autistic to even know how to advance a conversation if they wanted to.
>>
File: 1474915868936.jpg (97KB, 644x591px) Image search: [Google]
1474915868936.jpg
97KB, 644x591px
>>35037803
I'll have a conversation with you anon:)
>>
>>35037855
How does that work exactly? I'm used to shouting into the void
>>
This is just the nature of inernet fora in general, save for small places that specialize in niche interest.

4chins is extra shitposty in that regard because of the fast moving nature of it. There's no use putting effort into a post, because there wont be validation anyway,(unless you farm (you's)), and even worse your post will simply dissolve into the void and be gone forever, or at least archived There's no sense in typing a whole essay only to see the thread 404 10 minutes later.
>>
>>35037868
conversation
noun
a talk, especially an informal one, between two or more people, in which news and ideas are exchanged.
"she picked up the phone and held a conversation in French"
>>
>>35037923
I'm not even talking about an essay. Sometimes I post something I think is funny and there's almost never validation. But I keep the tab open and move on to something else, maybe close it after a half hour.

Hey I made myself smirk a little that's a little like simulating a conversation I guess.
>>
>>35037985
Okay anon, I'll play along. Why are you on a board that's informally dedicated to losers trying to start a conversation with a likely autist?
>>
welcome to the internet. we're tiny needles in a massive fucking haystack
>>
>>35037997
Yeah, sure but the fast moving nature of 4chan cultivates posting behaviour that is self fulfilling.

There's no sense in posting unless there's the potential of getting a (you), because there's literally no other reason to post.

When you post on leddit, there's obviously the upboat thing as an incentivise, but even deeper than that there is the satisfaction of having a genuinely solid back and forth between somebody. You can seek out extremely niche interests and then have in-depth conversations with like minded people that can span several days. So then le upboats aren't the incentive but the quality discourse and the fulfilment that comes from that is.

This is nearly impossible on 4chan. I post on /lit/ and /his/ a lot and the level of discourse seems to be at least somewhat higher than average, but I find there is rarely any incentive to write a lengthy post, because more often than not the thread just fades into the archive and it's pretty much unlooked at forever. It's a waste of time.

Also because of the broad nature of the boards there can be no niche specialization. So every time a thread gets posted about a certain subject, 90% of the people won't be up to speed. This obviously limits the level of discourse possible.
>>
But you can always post about how roasties are sluts, and how asian women only like white guys, and how normies should get the fuck out, and everyone can comment on that. That's why those threads survive here and propagate. I think rewarding trolling with yous also has an effect on the general behavior.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.