[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do EMS and hospitals """rescue"""

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: no arm.jpg (16KB, 298x320px) Image search: [Google]
no arm.jpg
16KB, 298x320px
Imagine being in a car accident. The wreckage left you with a stump and an arm without a hand. Would you really want to continue living like this? Wouldn't it be mercy to be shot down and embraced by dirt?

After an extremely painful month you are left with a life with no hands. You smile when people visit you but you know they only see you out of pity. There's not a second of your life you regret that day when you lost your limbs. If your loved ones put you down with your own wishes, they would be imprisoned for aiding suicide. You are left living a tortured life unable to even kill yourself.

In other news you read about a bear that was hit by a car. The injuries to the bear's spine left him paraplegic. The policeman shoots the bear out of mercy. Wouldn't you rather have this treatment?
>>
>does my dick still work?
>we're A-OK

/thread
>>
>>35035898
>no hands
>can't jerk off
>no woman would do it for you because you lack hands

What now Anon!?!? WHAT NOW?
>>
>>35035882

seems like a lot of projection going on in this post. not everyone has suicidal tendencies. some people actually view life as worth living.

and doctors always try their hardest to get people stable before the idea of euthanasia or DNRs come into play. it's their job to prevent death/help people. it's not their job to decide whether the person's life is worth continuing. it's the person's choice.
>>
>>35036183
Oh fuck mate, I thought his other hand was just out of the picture out but ur right. How would he even jerk off?
>>
>>35035882
>If your loved ones put you down with your own wishes, they would be imprisoned for aiding suicide. You are left living a tortured life unable to even kill yourself.
If suicide/euthanasia was easy, quick, painless, legal and socially accepted, we'd pretty quickly die out as a species. The vast majority of people being in a perpetual state of unhappiness is one of the cornerstones our economy.

How do you keep people who are living lives that aren't worth living alive and slaving away? Tell them they go to hell if they kill themselves.
>>
>>35035882
Because society invests a shitload into people in terms of their education and upbringing. The practical value of human life is difficult to determine, but it's certain that a person in the first world today is able to contribute a lot more intellectual work than 20 average people even in the most prosperous countries back in ancient times.

It's the same reason that birth rates drop in developed nations, other than cultural marxism and ethno/national/cutural-masochism, and developing nations have traditional birthrates. We save resources by having less children that we can invest heavily in rather than pump out 12 of them, knowing that 7 will die before they are of any use and the surviving 5 will work the fields or the sweatshops. Maybe one will move to a city and their children will have less children, get a 3rd world education, and try to get the fuck out of there to a civilized place, resulting in the braindrain (see: permenantly impoverished and retarded) of their native land and the colonizatoin of an other.

Our way is better. Even if it means wasting resources on people who won't benefit our society. It's about net gain.

>tfw I'm 20 years old and don't know what I'm talking about at all
But it sounds right, right?
>>
>>35037969
I think it has less to do with efficiency and more to do with feelings. The value of a person's life is emotionally measured.

In this case, society wants to give this man a happy life. Society is willing to spend over a thousand dollars on this man every month for the rest of his life so that he may find solace to his situation. At the very least, society should give him a method to end it all right?

I'm saying assisted dying should be legal for anyone suffering from these kinds of circumstances.
>>
>>35036183
ill attatch a fleshlight to my stump as a prosthetic hand and go wild
>>
>>35035898
> /threading your own post...
muted for not oreganol
>>
>>35038495
I think those feelings come from a place of rationality and practicality even if those who feel those emotions don't realize it.

I think that moral judgements come from rationality and are the basis for social norms such as those regarding assisted suicide. Obviously the immediate family members will be emotionally devastated, but there's logic behind that as well. Social structures made up of people are weaker when those people leave. Especially permanently. Empathy and compassion probably evolved out of self-interest. It's the same compassion that makes a family want to end the suffering of a loved one that society feels when it tries to keep them alive. It's self-interest in the preservation of the group. The immediate family doesn't want to lose their loved one, but empathy tells them that prolonged suffering is worse because when weighing the options most people would choose death over prolonged suffering to a certain extent. Empathy is our ability to put ourselves in someone else's shoes after all. The family would probably suffer as a unit more if they kept their kin alive in pain. But it's harder to empathize with a hypothetical person or a person you can't see right in front of you, or to focus in on what's good for the family as opposed to what's good for society, and instead choose to try to be compassionate to society as a whole which is to aim for net gains. Maintaining the reverence for human life in a society is more important to many people than the suffering of select individuals.

My own opinion is do what you want because I don't really care. But I can understand both sides of the argument. I think there's solid practicality in both solutions. I'm not an absolute materialist, but I think that all of our morality and all of our emotions come from a system that evolved over millennia for the purpose of effectively responding to the environment and that it's rooted in logic. It's all math but that doesn't mean it's not wonderful.
>>
File: 1443632502772.jpg (36KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1443632502772.jpg
36KB, 500x282px
>>35037089
>not everyone has suicidal tendencies

This is such a foreign thing to me. Do normal people actually never think about killing themselves?
>>
File: 1438196288_nick3.jpg (55KB, 791x582px) Image search: [Google]
1438196288_nick3.jpg
55KB, 791x582px
>>35035882
If you're cool enough, girls will still fuck you.
>>
>>35038496
Thanks for the kekerino
>>
>>35035882
with the way advancements on prosthetic's are going im ok with it hell I nearly lost my right hand in a accident a few years back

still waiting on a pay out though

but any ways ill be fine in some ways

how ever if my brain was reduced to a baked potato then just kill me
>>
File: 2787849.jpg (67KB, 634x848px) Image search: [Google]
2787849.jpg
67KB, 634x848px
>>35036183
>no woman would do it
Here's your problem. There is always a woman that would do it.
>>
>>35039551
sorry to hear about your hand bro, if you don't mind me asking what exactly happened that you almost lost a hand over?
>>
>>35035882
>my grandma always said that disabled people should be killed at birth because they were a drain on society

To be fair she grew up in Nazi Germany
>>
>>35039413
Of course they don't think about killing themselves you nutjob get done mental help!
>>
>>35036183
>no hands
>can't jerk off
>no woman would do it for you because you lack hands

Jacking off makes me a lot more depressed than just not fapping. I'd honestly probably have a much better mood overall and not be constantly feeling like shit after I fap.
>>
>>35039568
>Chad loses all his limbs
>STILL able to land a roastie

i mean she's ugly but still
he has no limbs
>>
>>35035882
Actually psychologically people bounce back from this way faster than you would think.
>>
>>35039481
A literal living dildo
>>
>>35039588
it was work related and it was quite messy and
I think I have PTSD im going to assessed soon
and I also have flashbacks of the accident
>>
>>35035882
>car accident
Joke's on you. I only ride public transport and a bus is fucking indestructable. Also, I've bluntly told my parents that I'll kill myself if I get disabled in any way, lose any of my senses, get post-2nd stage cancer or MS, so they'd know what to expect.
>>
>>35035882
Well, you see. Not everyone is a disgusting sociopath like you. Some people have a sense of duty to save others or at least help out as much as they can because not everyone is a depressed husk of nothingness who wants to die like yourself. Some (I even dare to say most) people want to live.
>>
>>35035882

I'd call you an edgelord, but this is starting to become normal thinking in todays society.

We are living in a world where human life is quickly losing value. We are at the point where you can pull a baby from the womb and murder it mere weeks before birth because people think it is better off like that. Euthanasia activism is at the stage where in europe, there are perfectly healthy person can get euthanized because they are mentally ill. Suicide activism is even becoming a thing.

People wonder why everyone is depressed and suicide is going up. It's because of this constant devaluing of life.

Only in a morally destitute, atheistic, nihilistic society is this possible.
I can't farthom why more people aren't disgusted by this
>>
>>35035882
>wanting to die when lab-grown body parts are at most 20 years away.
>>
I would cling to life as long as I could. You only get one go might as well ride it out.
>>
>>35035882
In a slightly macabre way, I don't mind when this happens because I can often perform an operation which I might not be able to routinely do on them and if they are really fucked and die anyway, no one is going to turn around and say it's my or my team's fault.

For example, I had a guy come in on my night shift the other day who was hit by a car and had an acute C5 vertebrae fracture dislocation, an open fracture to his left ankle and a few lacerations elsewhere. He was probably paralysed because of his spine but we still took him to theatres overnight to fix his ankle, which for me as a junior is an important experience. He still died in the end though and no one thought anything of it. Same thing happens with crumbly old patients with hip fractures; we do the procedure and if they pass away then it's a shame but often expected.

In a more humanistic way, some of these people tend to have better outcomes than expected and since we don't know how people think or are going to respond to trauma, we may as well try to salvage everyone and then deal with the consequences later. In terms of impact to the health system for funding and resource management it's negligible since they don't make up a huge proportion of patients.
>>
I don't know how they don't kill themselves

I've got all my limbs and even I want to die
>>
>>35035882
Just make your own prostetic arm. Have it controlled with a few sensors and motors. Now you are a cyberbot.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.