[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to into lifting >everybody keeps saying different

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1482221222512 (1).jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1482221222512 (1).jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>try to into lifting
>everybody keeps saying different things
>for example some say 6 day a week, others say 3 days because you need rest
fucking normies how complicated can it be to just lift some metal!!!
>>
Just listen to your body bro
>>
>>35029468
Here's the general philosophy,
you break your muscle tissue so that it can be rebuilt stronger.
Work out one day, rest the next. Break, then rebuild, your body needs recovery time or the entire exercise is pointless.

I would recommend you work out 3 times a week with rest days in between, then rest on Sunday.
>>
File: IMG_2784.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2784.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The amount of broscience/nonsense that is spewed by most gym goers will make your head spin. Most serious lifters will agree that any workout program will involve progressing in weights and revolve around squat, bench, press, and deadlift. Take it as you may.
>>
>>35029582
All clearly explained in the sticky on /fit/ btw
>>
File: 1480894766440.png (1MB, 1389x1643px) Image search: [Google]
1480894766440.png
1MB, 1389x1643px
You don't need to have a perfect routine. As long as you're not damaging your body, anything is an improvement over doing nothing. Once you're more settled you can refine from there.
>>
>>35029468
rest days are for fucking fags don't take a single rest day you pussy
>>
>>35029582
... is that u? ... pls be natty my friend.

i'd love to have a body like that. maybe more tanned but thicc like you.

any more pics?? :3
>>
>>35029468
Do an average of 3 days a week if you feel like doing more don't do more than 4 days a week since your body muscles need some relaxation in order to grow up
Day 1 chest and biceps
Day 3 back and triceps
Day 5 legs and shoulders
You should also do forearms workouts but they are optional so feel free to add them to any day you feel like the most
>>
>>35029468
If you're a beginner, do 3 days a week (bench & squat) with a day of rest in between each day.

If you're intermediate:
Day 1 (bench & squat)
Day 2 (deadlift & dumbbell workout)
Repeat ad infinitum. The only rule is do NOT workout a specific muscle group back to back.
>>
>>35029468
There's absurd amount of misconceptions when it comes to physical fitness. And most of what people tell you is basically based on what works for them (and possibly people they know) than what works for you individually. People generally require different methods, or techniques that are relative to them, since not all bodies react to physical workouts the same.
>>
>>/fit/

normie desu
>>
>>35030266
I've heard that day one must be chest+triceps, and day two - back and biceps.
>>
>>35029572
not really. muscle cells that literally break take like 20-40 days to turn over or something.

at any rate, the recovery is for resetting the surrounding fluids and the time between depends on how you work out and how healthy you are. the day thing is more of a courtesy for starting out.
>>
>>35030406
The standard for me was biceps and chest
Back and triceps
But I suppose it won't really matter as long as you don't have days where you train back and chest on the same day or biceps and triceps on the same day since it will be actually painful for the torso or arms and it will make lifting during that day more difficult considering your main working muscles are all in your arms or all in your torso
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.