[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The death of the vocative case comma is imminent. http://com

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Vocative-comma.jpg (17KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
Vocative-comma.jpg
17KB, 400x276px
The death of the vocative case comma is imminent.
http://comma.guide/vocative-comma/

It's virtually impossible to find a 4chan thread with more than 20 posts without someone violating this grammatical rule.

It's driving me nuts. I'm tormented with mildly violent thoughts.

The problem becomes most apparent when you search a 4chan archive for insults like "faggot" or "retard".
LITERALLY EVERY THIRD RESULT VIOLATES ENGLISH GRAMMAR RULES.

Nuke Earth now.
>>
>>35028166
>when you search a 4chan archive for insults like "faggot" or "retard"
>this grammatical rule gets violated
I don't think that people are concerned about providing the courtesy of good grammar when throwing around insults like that.
>I'm tormented with mildly violent thoughts.
Has it occurred to you that you've been trolled?
>>
>>35028166
I, too, am a grammar autist and this place is triggering as hell. 4chan is an endless sea of uneducated plebs these days.
>>
>>35028166

Loling at your in irl OP. Go literally kys yourself. Is this really you're biggest problem in life xD.
>>
>>35028212
Not everyone is a native speaker, matey. Comma rules can be very different in other languages.
>>
>>35028166
You're a faggot retard op
>>
>>35028166
Shut, up-faggot.
>>
>>35028260
This is the explanation to OP's problem. Although I think I generally write english correctly, my native language doesn't have the rule in OP's pic.
>>
>>35028260
Native speakers seem to have more trouble with phonetic mistakes since they've mainly learned the language through speech. I notice the same when learning new languages, natives are really shit at writing. Take they're/their/there as an example. I couldn't for the life of me confuse them, but American flags constantly fuck it up on 4chan.
>>
File: 1487262512010.jpg (42KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1487262512010.jpg
42KB, 615x409px
>>35028166
By God how wrong are you. First, language does not have rules - read linguistics. Second, 4chan is a pioneer in language change. What we are seeing is...

The future. Yes I state that we are witnessing the birth of language changing into its future self. It is unfolding. Going through barriers and so on and so on. The current English is like Middle-English compared to current English.

Vowel shifts, grammarisation and so on and so on, it is all HAPPENING. Soon we'll dive into a whole new linguistic world. And what are you doing? Instead of letting it flourish you are trying to stop language from evolving. Sad.
>>
>>35029396
>American flags constantly fuck it up on 4chan
>American

No surprise here.
>>
>>35029551
4chan itself is an American image board, Pajeet. For a long while, foreign were totally disallowed from posting here. This was when 4chan was actually "good". It was you allowing you refugees in that brought it to the pitiful and unsalvageable state that it's in today.
>>
>>35029518
>The current English is like Middle-English compared to current English.
That's deep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anon.
>>
>>35030377
This type of post is why the other countries look down on us.
>>
>>35030461
Too bad he's right.
>>
>>35028166
>>35028204
>>35028212
>>35028238
>>35028260
it's useless anyway
you don't need to express when you are taking a breath you just need to fucking read better
Learn when the breather happens and when it ends. IT ENDED DID YOU SEE THAT?
NO? allow me to demonstrate again.
WOW FUCK ANON.
>BEING THIS CONCERNED OVER , NOT BEING USED WOW GEE WHIZZ YOUR SURE ARE ASSBLASTED MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEAVE.
>>
>>35028166
From the context of the sentence you would be able to deduce which meaning the writer intends.
I understand your autism inhibits your ability to do that.
>>
>>35030377
>For a long while, foreign were totally disallowed from posting here.
That's not true. It was originally only the Japanese, because they used to be troublemakers. Later on there were other countries that were temporarily blocked (like Romania) for the same reason.
>>
I knowingly break this rule because it flows better on 4chan. If I'm actually writing something important, then I'll include that comma. It makes you look autistic if you include a comma before saying faggot at the end of your sentence.
>>
>>35028166
>hurr durr muh grammar rules
No one cares.,.,.
>>
>>35028166
>LITERALLY EVERY THIRD RESULT VIOLATES ENGLISH GRAMMAR RULES.

The rules of style are highly complimentary of typing a sentence entirely in caps. Liberal usage of the word "literally" is encouraged.

Unfortunately the rules say nothing about hypocrisy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.