[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice to deal with depression? This week has been especially

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 26422238915_468a5b2db0_b.jpg (79KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
26422238915_468a5b2db0_b.jpg
79KB, 1024x683px
Any advice to deal with depression? This week has been especially trying -- unwanted revelations deciding to come to light during one of my more demanding weeks, only adding onto my stress and furthering my depression. I want to take time off from uni, but my parents are so uptight about status and school (maybe because they came from the typical "from rags" Mexican family) that they'll cut me off if I even take a single day for myself. I can't even focus on my assignments because my head is just filled with conflicting thoughts and emotions.
>>
I take it you live with them rather than in university accommodation? If so, if at all possible then take halls next year if not sooner. You may find that it makes all the difference. Was the best period of my life, quite probably.
>>
>>35025363
I'd rather try to make them understand where I'm coming from and where I'm at then leave them in the blue and forget about them because of their lack of sensitivity.
>>
>>35025189
you need to do something to alter your mindset. I was depressed, but i realised that being depressed doesnt help me tackle the issues im facing (although I understand depression is not a choice).
My advice is to find a way to tackle these issues. They are OBSTACLES, NOT barriers. theres a difference :)
Best of luck
Also what uni are you at?
>>
File: 1473216164519.jpg (9KB, 284x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473216164519.jpg
9KB, 284x300px
>>35025189

Do not expect any empathy from you parents (or anyone ever for that matter)

Treat yourself to something nice but don't skip schoolwork.
>>
>>35025944
It's not as simple as that. Moving out wouldn't be some act of spite. It would give you a great deal of freedom. It would be a formative experience, for your own benefit not as a slight.
>>
File: 1486532945536.jpg (66KB, 599x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486532945536.jpg
66KB, 599x720px
>Any advice to deal with depression?

Firstly if you can talk to a doc/psych you should. You need to understand that depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain and can be dealt with as such. Antidepressants and or therapy would almost certainly help your situation. I'm currently on wellbutrin and it has helped a good amount.

You should look into becoming financially independent as soon as possible. If your parents are not supportive for what you decide is best for your life then you may need to go your own way.

For what it's worth I wish you the best anon, you deserve it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.